Is Go To MY LOCATION possible?

Coyote

I know that location-based powers can be executed at the user's location based on how the power is activated via a macro or keybind.

Is there a version of the pet GoTo command that can have the pet come to the Mastermind's location? Not Follow, because that has different AI rules and I may want to set the pets up at a location and then move back, but a GoToLocation command based on where I am currently? I have a macro and set up a mouse click sequence to do it, but it would be nice to have a one-touch keybind for it.

This sounds useful, but I do not know the answer. I'm just following to see what advice is given.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

8 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Nope. The location command is powexec_location, a specific command with a location component. The pet comand is just petcom, there is no petcom_location, so there's no pet command that accepts a location as part of the string. 

I knew something existed, but didn't know the formatting:

EDIT: Oops, that's Summoning at your feet

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

For those that don't know about their work on HC/COH helpful stuff.

http://www.shenanigunner.com/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

32 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

I knew something existed, but didn't know the formatting:

EDIT: Oops, that's Summoning at your feet

I just bound goto commands to q and e so i hit one of those then click where I want them and pets move. Its pretty simple. 

• 4 months later
On 2/26/2021 at 4:29 PM, Coyote said:

but a GoToLocation command based on where I am currently? I have a macro and set up a mouse click sequence to do it, but it would be nice to have a one-touch keybind for it.

How do you do it with the macro and mouse click sequence? 

The best you can do for "goto"  is a bind that will at least get rid of the "cursor" pulse selection.   The down side, like someone said above is that "goto" requires a mouse click.  You can simplify it by binding it to Shift+Lbutton.   There is also a maybe work around using 2 bind files and telling them to follow and then telling them to stay.

For all of my MM's. I use this combination.

For any specific Location, it uses goto the cursor location but does require binding to Shift+Lbutton.

/bind SHIFT+LBUTTON petcomall goto

Follow and Stay work around:

The Bindfile work around using follow and stay commands to make the pets come to you and stay there.

/bindloadfile petscomehere1.txt 

Pressing o issues the petcomAll Follow and loads the second file.  When you release o, it issues the Stay command and loads the first file again.  You just have to keep the key pressed down until the pets are actually at your location.  The pets will stay where they are at when you release the key, whether or not they actually made it back to your location.  Because of this, you can use it to play Red Light, Green Light with your pets

Here are the contents of the bind files.

petsComeHere1.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall follow$$bindloadfileSilent petsComeHere2.txt"

petsComeHere2.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall stay$$bindloadfileSilent petsComeHere1.txt"

** the files use the "o" key.  you can change it to another key.

** the bind files go in your ...\settings\live directory.  For me my directory structure is:  C:\Games\Homecoming\settings\live

** if you have trouble finding your "live" directory, then in game just type in /bindsavefile test.txt

** typing in that bindsavefile command causes the game to print in the chat console the complete directory to where it looks for bind files.

petsComeHere1.txt petsComeHere2.txt

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Here are the contents of the bind files.

petsComeHere1.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall follow$$bindloadfileSilent petsComeHere2.txt"

petsComeHere2.txt

o "+ $$- $$petcomall stay$$bindloadfileSilent petsComeHere1.txt"

Thank you.  Good to know a Goto and Stay combo, focused on my location without using the mouse cursor reticle, can be done in some manner.  Though I don't currently know what I'm doing wrong since the Follow part works but the pets just keep on following me. 

The chat window says Unable to read in keybind file: petsComeHere2.txt.   I use bindings on a couple other characters to auto-fire powers when pressing movement keys, and some of them are 4 .txt files deep for the commands.  But so far I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with this. 

I copied and pasted the commands, and then downloaded your files in case I somehow copy and pasted wrong, I can see and understand how this should work, but I'm missing something and will now rage quit for a bit.  haha

edit: Yep, of course it was something dumb.  Though maybe not entirely.  I don't have a homecoming\settings directory.  I had my other binds in its own custom folder.  I think at first the binds being loaded were switched to homecoming's default directory for binds, which apparently is "data."  I got the proper folder, my custom folder for binds, loaded then. 

And then of course part of the problem was I had copied your binds, but I wanted to use the "r" key not the "o" key that you wrote.  Or maybe only one bind was set for "r" not "o."  Made sure both binds were set for "r" key like I want, and now it works.  I feel dumb making such mistakes, but maybe it will help someone else reading this.

Edited by FM5