DM / Shield - LF Build & Advice

SmokenBongs

Hello Scrapper Community!

I have a concept for a Dark Melee / Shield villain, but I'm unsure of how to build it and hoping you can help.

I'm going to be duo'ing with a buddy of mine on the way to 50. We plan to lvl them completely on the villain side, though they may freelance once 50.

One thing I'd like to have is the ability to stealth through missions as we plan to be able skip things when we want.

Wondering if anyone who has experience can share their build and any advice?

Edited by SmokenBongs
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, SmokenBongs said:

I have a concept for a Dark Melee / Shield villain, but I'm unsure of how to build it and hoping you can help.

I'm going to be duo'ing with a buddy of mine on the way to 50. We plan to lvl them completely on the villain side, though they may freelance once 50.

One thing I'd like to have is the ability to stealth through missions as we plan to be able skip things when we want.

I just 50’d mine and slotted it out. Can attest that this combo is a beast on a Scrapper. Not much that can be thrown at you that you can’t handle. However, I stood on the shoulders of other people’s great builds.

For this, I would summon the legends @Saikochoro and @Murcielago

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SmokenBongs said:

Dark melee/shield defense is my favorite scrapper.  Good choice!

I can share my build with you, but it has a compromise.  It has my own particular flavor in builds (I love me some rune of protection).  I respec'd and went through several builds before stopping on this one.  I made a conscious decision to pick up rune of protection and keep decent global recharge at the expense of the ranged softcap.  Not everyone will agree with that move, but it has worked out best of my various builds for me.  I have slightly adjusted my build to include some stealthing ability. To stealth past mobs turn on super speed, which has celerity + stealth in it and that should be enough most of the time just speeding past the mob.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Shadow Punch -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3)
Level 2: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(9)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Arm-Dam%(15), Obl-%Dam(15)
Level 6: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(21)
Level 10: Siphon Life -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal(27)
Level 12: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-ResDam%(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(31), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(33), PwrTrns-+Heal(33)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(33), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 30: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 32: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(47), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 35: Rune of Protection -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(39), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43), TchofDth-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Shield Charge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 44: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(49), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by Saikochoro

On 3/7/2021 at 11:45 PM, Saikochoro said:

I can share my build with you, but it has a compromise.  It has my own particular flavor in builds (I love me some rune of protection).  I respec'd and went through several builds before stopping on this one.  I made a conscious decision to pick up rune of protection and keep decent global recharge at the expense of the ranged softcap.  Not everyone will agree with that move, but it has worked out best of my various builds for me.  I have slightly adjusted my build to include some stealthing ability. To stealth past mobs turn on super speed, which has celerity + stealth in it and that should be enough most of the time just speeding past the mob.

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Profile:
Level 2: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(9)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Arm-Dam%(15), Obl-%Dam(15)
Level 6: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(17)
Level 8: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(21)
Level 10: Siphon Life -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal(27)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-ResDam%(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(31), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(33), PwrTrns-+Heal(33)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(33), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 28: Soul Drain -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 32: Arcane Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(47), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 35: Rune of Protection -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(39), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RctArm-EndRdx/Rchg(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 38: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43), TchofDth-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Shield Charge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(45), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(49), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
------------

Thank you so much for sharing the build! I appreciate the adjustments to accommodate for stealth.

I know from some of my other chars that I can take that celerity enhance and drop it in sprint which can be run w/ SS for the same effect and free a slot. 

Do you have any recommendations on a good location for that free slot to go instead?

@Saikochoro any suggestions for them while they get to level 50+? Grab one of the ATOs in particular? Make sure one power is maximized asap?

I'm seeing "going to be duo'ing with a buddy of mine on the way to 50."

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

@Saikochoro any suggestions for them while they get to level 50+? Grab one of the ATOs in particular? Make sure one power is maximized asap?

I'm seeing "going to be duo'ing with a buddy of mine on the way to 50."

For sure. I take the attacks as soon as I am able as well as the core defensive powers as they become available. For pool powers I grab leaping pool first, then hasten, then fighting, and leave sorcery for last. I don’t necessarily run all the toggles as soon as I get them because they can be too expensive endurance wise until you can allocate enough slots to them. 

I actually do not slot full set IOs until I am in my early 30s now that SOs have been made so much easier with i27. SOs are great in the early levels. I will however slot the resist and defense uniques as soon as I reach that particular level as well as LOTG + rech and the recovery uniques in health and performance shifter + end in stamina. 

I usually take both and slot up both shadow punch and smite for the early levels. Also make sure to slot up shadow mail in the early levels too. You can take and slot up touch of fear for the early game as well to supplement the AoE. Don’t be shy to take powers early on that you don’t intend on keeping for the final build. 

Because SOs are so good I generally 4 slot attacks to start with 1 acc and 3 damage. Having more attacks will keep you attacking often enough. I then work on getting my defense powers up to 3 slots and hasten with 2 slots. 

I usually do my first respec at level 33. At this point I drop shadow punch and touch of fear and start only taking powers I intend on keeping in the final build. I also start using full sets for my build at this point. I always use attuned IOs so that the level with me and so I can keep set bonuses when I exemplar.  I allocate more slots to my attacks at this point. Slot the ATOs. Use crushing impact as a place holder for the hecatomb set. Use obliteration as a place holder for Armageddon set. Between crushing impact, obliteration, ATOs, LOTG + recharge, and hasten you should have pretty good recharge. Fill out the defensive and pool power slots as you level. 

I do a final respec at 50 to make sure I have all my slots assigned to the appropriate powers and to slot up the purple sets. I also catalyze the ATOs at this point. Then it’s on to incarnate trials and whatnot. 

Edited by Saikochoro

2 hours ago, SmokenBongs said:

Thank you so much for sharing the build! I appreciate the adjustments to accommodate for stealth.

I know from some of my other chars that I can take that celerity enhance and drop it in sprint which can be run w/ SS for the same effect and free a slot. 

Do you have any recommendations on a good location for that free slot to go instead?

Actually the reason I took super speed and slotted celerity in there was because super speed itself also gives some stealth if I am not mistaken.  So it gives a bit better stealth.  Then you don't have to have both super speed and sprint toggle.  

However, celerity in sprint is probably fine too.  If you go that route I would put the extra slot in true grit with the a preventative medicine heal/absorb enhancement (or whatever will end up being a level 50 heal IO equivalent).  I always use attuned enhancements so they level with me so i just use preventative medicine. That or put the slot in health and put in numinas convalescence reg/rec in there for some extra recovery and regen.

• 2 weeks later

This is the build that I used for leveling and exemplaring.

While leveling I'd grab Super Speed and slot it with +Stealth and it basically makes you invisible. 

I'd also take Shadow Maul as it adds to your AoE some in lower levels. 

Endurance is going to be a concern early on so grab all of the +end and end procs you can and take them out when you're endurance is more sustainable.

I started slotted Set IOs as soon as I could but Generic IOs will be your best friend early on. 

Grab all of the prestige powers you can buy.

I like to slot for recharge set bonuses once I've hit the soft-cap because I have near perma-soul drain in my Incarnate build and that's nice.

That's all I can think of right now, when I remember anything I'll 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Murcielago TF: Level 50 Natural Scrapper
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Hct-Dam%(39)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(7)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), LucoftheG-Def(9)
Level 4: Shadow Maul -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(43), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(43), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Mk'Bit-Dam%(42)
Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-Def(19)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(48)
Level 20: True Grit -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(23), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam(25)
Level 22: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(40)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Arm-Dam%(37)
Level 38: One with the Shield -- ResDam-I(A)
Level 41: Grant Cover -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(25), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(45), PrfShf-End%(50)
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

• Like 1

• 10 months later
On 3/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Saikochoro said:

Hide contents

Hero Profile:
------------

I don't understand how this build has only one slot placed at lvl 21. Where'd the other one go?

3 hours ago, BengalBilly said:

I don't understand how this build has only one slot placed at lvl 21. Where'd the other one go?

To be honest I’m not sure. I never really make my builds with leveling in mind as I really only use with level 50 in mind. 

That said, I recently updated my dark melee/shield defense build and I will try to remember to post it later when I’m at my computer. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

To be honest I’m not sure. I never really make my builds with leveling in mind as I really only use with level 50 in mind. 

That said, I recently updated my dark melee/shield defense build and I will try to remember to post it later when I’m at my computer. 

Would love to see the updated build Sai!

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Would love to see the updated build Sai!

Here is the updated build.  I sacrificed procs and some rech for better overall mitigation.  Lately, I have been more focused on mitigation rather than damage and my builds are reflecting that. I got rid of rune due to the changes last year.  Instead I beefed up my resistances and am using OWTS for emergencies.  Shadow meld is really just there as a mule, but can be used to pump up defense if necessary.  I run ageless core and base recharge buff is cheap and easy so I'm not worried about being shy of perma hasten with just set bonuses.  Negative energy isn't highly resisted and AAO + soul drain gives such a great damage boost that I don't particularly care about procs for offense.

This build requires ageless for recovery.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.1.2
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(31)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Arm-Acc/Rchg(19), Arm-Dam%(19), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: True Grit -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal(13)
Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(31), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Dark Consumption -- PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 22: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Weave -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(33), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(43)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Hct-Acc/Rchg(40), Hct-Dam%(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(39)
Level 38: One with the Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), TtnCtn-ResDam(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(50), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Moonbeam -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(48)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 49: Double Jump 
------------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later
On 3/7/2021 at 10:45 PM, Saikochoro said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Profile:
------------

I have been using this build from Saikochoro and would like to thank him for posting it and thank SmokenBongs for starting the Post.

I have gotten to the level 45 on my DM/SD scrapper and I am having problems with the Epic Pool selection. In Saikochoro's build he picks the Soul Mastery build, and in Mids their is that option, but in game i only have 4 options to choose from, Blaze, Body, Darkness, and Weapon Mastey.

I wonder if I am missing something or if it is something on Torchbearer server or if the game has changed to only 4 choices or what.

I played on live, but I am new to homecoming with this as my first toon to play through. 

Suggestions?

7 hours ago, shadowstar1975 said:

I have been using this build from Saikochoro and would like to thank him for posting it and thank SmokenBongs for starting the Post.

I have gotten to the level 45 on my DM/SD scrapper and I am having problems with the Epic Pool selection. In Saikochoro's build he picks the Soul Mastery build, and in Mids their is that option, but in game i only have 4 options to choose from, Blaze, Body, Darkness, and Weapon Mastey.

I wonder if I am missing something or if it is something on Torchbearer server or if the game has changed to only 4 choices or what.

I played on live, but I am new to homecoming with this as my first toon to play through. 

Suggestions?

Soul is one of the 4 Patron pools from CoV. You'll need to go evil and unlock a Patron in order to access them. (Or vigilante, and tag along on a villain's mission)

Death is the best debuff.

11 hours ago, shadowstar1975 said:

Suggestions?

Glad the build has been useful to you. You can always check out the updated one too if you like (it is more focused on mitigation my earlier one is more focused on damage). 

As for the soul mastery, like Errants said, you’ll have to unlock the patron pools for it to show up as an option. You can go to pocket D and talk to Null the Gull (seagull sitting on the box truck in the red section) and switch your alignment to villain. You’ll get a contact to talk to an Arbiter in Grandville. Head over there, talk to him, read some plaques, and then choose a patron to do the first part of their arc. I always choose Black Scorpion as I find that to be the fastest. You only have to go as far as defeating the first elite boss.

You can choose any of the patrons though and it will unlock all the patron pools. Then you can switch back to heroes and the pools are open to you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Glad the build has been useful to you. You can always check out the updated one too if you like (it is more focused on mitigation my earlier one is more focused on damage). 

As for the soul mastery, like Errants said, you’ll have to unlock the patron pools for it to show up as an option. You can go to pocket D and talk to Null the Gull (seagull sitting on the box truck in the red section) and switch your alignment to villain. You’ll get a contact to talk to an Arbiter in Grandville. Head over there, talk to him, read some plaques, and then choose a patron to do the first part of their arc. I always choose Black Scorpion as I find that to be the fastest. You only have to go as far as defeating the first elite boss.

You can choose any of the patrons though and it will unlock all the patron pools. Then you can switch back to heroes and the pools are open to you.  

Thanks to you and Errants for the advice on going Redside and running certain quest to unlock the patron pools.

You said I could always check out the updated build. How would I do that?

Thanks

5 hours ago, shadowstar1975 said:

Thanks to you and Errants for the advice on going Redside and running certain quest to unlock the patron pools.

You said I could always check out the updated build. How would I do that?

Thanks

Sure thing. My updated build is in my post directly above your first post in the thread. Keep in mind it is fairly different due to different goals. It’s just there for consideration in case you like it better. 

22 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Sure thing. My updated build is in my post directly above your first post in the thread. Keep in mind it is fairly different due to different goals. It’s just there for consideration in case you like it better. 

Ok, thanks. I see it now.