ITF leaders cannot see me

Snarky

Happened multiple times tonight. I am a 50 rogue.  see msg in LFG.  I use LFG port to Cim.  Send a private tell and public msg to team leader.  They cannot see me in team finder.  another person switched and found me.  I forgot, in my frustration, to ask their alignment.  Was invited to a KHTF no issues.  Team leaders are also not able to find others asking.

So, anybody know anything?

Just now, Snarky said:

Happened multiple times tonight. I am a 50 rogue.  see msg in LFG.  I use LFG port to Cim.  Send a private tell and public msg to team leader.  They cannot see me in team finder.  another person switched and found me.  I forgot, in my frustration, to ask their alignment.  Was invited to a KHTF no issues.  Team leaders are also not able to find others asking.

So, anybody know anything?

That's actually happened to me twice as a Rogue for Tinpex, and it happened to a friend of mine on a Rogue for a Tinpex as well.  Interesting.

6 minutes ago, RobotLove said:

Make sure you aren't hidden from teams, searches, etc. Settings are in the global friends list.

that isnt the issue. i only pug, and i never form lol.  i did a khtf in between the two sets of cim problems, smooth as butter on the invite

I'm pretty sure they can always see you if you are in the same zone. What I do when I'm going to join a TF that is either neutral or in the other side I'm currently in, is use the LFG teleport to go to the contact. Bring up the LFG tab, click the button for the TF, lock myself to (my solo) group, click the button to queue and then accept it. It will teleport me to the TF contact, and then I ask to join the advertiser if they have room. It takes maybe thirty seconds, at most, and I'm usually there in time to get a spot.

Edit: I see the OP is already using the LFG port. If it leaves you as invisible in the shared zone, that sounds like a bug, or maybe it needs a minute to update.

Edited by Andreah

They can just click on your name in the chatbox, since you sent them tells and have broadcasted in zone, and invite you from the menu that pops up.

Searching for your name and then trying to invite you when you already sent tells is like taking off your pants to fart....😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Okie.  Now that I'm not teamed, I can expand on what happened to me both times.

Twice over the past few months (since Issue 27 landed), I saw a Tinpex in the RWZ advertised on LFG.  I sent a tell, asking if they had room.  No response.  So I ported over to Apex in RWZ using the LFG teleporter, and sent another tell.  Still no response.  I watched both times as they called out in LFG again for more people, clearly not full.  Then within ten minutes, they both started without me.  I'll note that this was two different individuals leading each time, not the same person both times.

A friend of mine had a similar experience about a month ago.  She saw a Tinpex advertised in the LFG channel, and went over to the RWZ.  She sent at least two tells to the person with no response.  They proceeded to call out in LFG channel for more people, and yet they never invited my friend.  This person was not either of the individuals I had the issue with.

We even went so far as to test being on separate alignments, thinking that it may be related to people setting "Show Villain Private Chat," and "Show Villain Broadcast Chat" to disabled.  I briefly switched over my alignment from Rogue to Vigilante, while my friend stayed the Rogue alignment.  I disabled both "Show Villain Private Chat" and "Show Villain Broadcast Chat," and she disabled "Show Hero Private Chat" and "Show Hero Broadcast Chat."  She saw my broadcasts and tells in the RWZ, and I saw her broadcasts and tells in the RWZ.

Now it's possible that we somehow encountered three different people leading Tinpexes that had us on global ignore (even though neither of us recognized the three global names), but I doubt it.

Seems like something in Issue 27, Page One, may have made opposite alignments maybe briefly invisible to one another?  Maybe after using the LFG Teleporter?

Time for experimentation.

Edited by Apparition

If I had to guess, and I do, I would guess that the first team leader didn't see you in the team view finder because you were in LFG queue when he looked, and then after you landed in zone you were out of queue and were able to be invited to the team.  I would further speculate that the Team Finder may be a little delayed in updating, but I wouldn't know, because I've never used it 🤪

I wonder if when you've used LFG it puts you in some sort of already "queued for team" status that makes you not able to be invited by some methods and not others.

I've noticed that after using LFG to port somewhere.  If you click on the Team tab you get a system message, "No longer looking for a team."  (or something like that) 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

8 hours ago, Apparition said:

Okie.  Now that I'm not teamed, I can expand on what happened to me both times.

Twice over the past few months (since Issue 27 landed), I saw a Tinpex in the RWZ advertised on LFG.  I sent a tell, asking if they had room.  No response.  So I ported over to Apex in RWZ using the LFG teleporter, and sent another tell.  Still no response.  I watched both times as they called out in LFG again for more people, clearly not full.  Then within ten minutes, they both started without me.  I'll note that this was two different individuals leading each time, not the same person both times.

A friend of mine had a similar experience about a month ago.  She saw a Tinpex advertised in the LFG channel, and went over to the RWZ.  She sent at least two tells to the person with no response.  They proceeded to call out in LFG channel for more people, and yet they never invited my friend.  This person was not either of the individuals I had the issue with.

We even went so far as to test being on separate alignments, thinking that it may be related to people setting "Show Villain Private Chat," and "Show Villain Broadcast Chat" to disabled.  I briefly switched over my alignment from Rogue to Vigilante, while my friend stayed the Rogue alignment.  I disabled both "Show Villain Private Chat" and "Show Villain Broadcast Chat," and she disabled "Show Hero Private Chat" and "Show Hero Broadcast Chat."  She saw my broadcasts and tells in the RWZ, and I saw her broadcasts and tells in the RWZ.

Now it's possible that we somehow encountered three different people leading Tinpexes that had us on global ignore (even though neither of us recognized the three global names), but I doubt it.

Seems like something in Issue 27, Page One, may have made opposite alignments maybe briefly invisible to one another?  Maybe after using the LFG Teleporter?

Time for experimentation.

THis was my exact experience, two separate times last night in Cim.  You know me, I start griping in LFG about people not wanting Brutes.  Poor me!  The second time I start getting tells from a person on the team that sees my LFG posts. That person becomes team leader and invites me.  (I was back in AP then) I head back into CIM (via CAP, fastest at that point) 

Thats all I know besides the new team leader saying the first could not find or invite me.  I received no tells from either of the original team leaders telling me anything

3 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I wonder if when you've used LFG it puts you in some sort of already "queued for team" status that makes you not able to be invited by some methods and not others.

I've noticed that after using LFG to port somewhere.  If you click on the Team tab you get a system message, "No longer looking for a team."  (or something like that) 

I know for some iTrial or TF runs when we mess things up and reform sometimes some people need to /leaveteam before they can get reinvited. So some flag is getting mixed up somewhere sporadically. Maybe this is similiar / the same cause. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carnifax said:

I know for some iTrial or TF runs when we mess things up and reform sometimes some people need to /leaveteam before they can get reinvited. So some flag is getting mixed up somewhere sporadically. Maybe this is similiar / the same cause. 

I just started using the LFG method to get to Cim.  However, I have had odd experiences with people saying they are having problems inviting me.  Because I am me, I always put it down to PUG incompetence 🙂 But, because I am me, now I am getting a little paranoid something is broken and it is affecting my ability to get on the TFs I want 😞