Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

• 1 month later
On 6/15/2023 at 11:21 PM, Ratch_ said:

I had a fire^3 dom on the retail servers that I loved.  My build had lots of recharge but low defense, so the dom relied heavily on CC (or teammates) for survival.  Seemed very competitive damage-wise at the time, but blasters on Homecoming pull way ahead with their crash-less nukes.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
  • 1 month later

Do folks still run these?

I've been futzing around with my main's* build/Incarnate abilities lately and the current version pulled off 3 things it hasn't been able to before the most recent respec: soloing a Pylon, a +1 Chimera and the Trapdoor test. None of these are eye-popping or anything, but it's cool to go from "couldn't do any one of those things" to "can do all those things".

*Pain/Sonic/Dark Def with nothing but concept choices (Agility, Paralytic, Clarion for the relevant incarnates; Paralytic I sometimes have to switch out for Degen)

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

2:56/57 (looks like 56 on first hit to me) - amped.

I stopped being lazy and committed to a respec I've been planning for awhile. That archon almost ruined it by actually putting down the RPG, lol.

Scorched earth.mbd

Might try again later with burnout off cd, but I'll consider this my win for the day.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2024 at 11:01 PM, ScarySai said:

2:56/57 (looks like 56 on first hit to me) - amped.

I stopped being lazy and committed to a respec I've been planning for awhile. That archon almost ruined it by actually putting down the RPG, lol.

Scorched earth.mbd 42.23 kB · 6 downloads

Might try again later with burnout off cd, but I'll consider this my win for the day.

cleannn

• Like 1

With the council being reworked, trapdoor as a benchmark method is going to effectively die.

Let's put it out with a bang, let's see the wildest, most cheaty times we possibly can get out of it before it's gone.

Temps, insps, anything goes, I might even pay the best time by it going live, who's down?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Now that our Trapdoor test is dead.. I was thinking of using this AE mission to replace it. What do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with the map and number of enemies, but would you want more variety in enemies?

- Battle Maiden enemies (easy, good mix of range and melee attacks, standard damage types)
- Defeat 1 Elite Boss (vanilla 5th Column EB who has 20% resist to all damage types)

- Outdoor map with 9 total spawn (their location will vary slightly, but they will always be in the water area)

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Ston said:

Now that our Trapdoor test is dead.. I was thinking of using this AE mission to replace it. What do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with the map and number of enemies, but would you want more variety in enemies?

- Battle Maiden enemies (easy, good mix of range and melee attacks, standard damage types)
- Defeat 1 Elite Boss (vanilla 5th Column EB who has 20% resist to all damage types)

- Outdoor map with 9 total spawn (their location will vary slightly, but they will always be in the water area)

The bad with Trapdoor was the tunnels. But the good was spawns couldn't be skipped or running away easily. Seems fine to me though.

5 hours ago, ScarySai said:

@StonTravel time will be skewed with this one.

Which I think is a good thing, no? Some sets/builds have better movement speed than others which should impact clear speed. Kinda like using Jaunt in Trapdoor would give you faster times than builds without any teleport.

On 3/6/2024 at 4:25 PM, Ston said:

Would you be able to share a arc # for this so I can give it a few runs and see?

The office sim map I have grown to really dislike due to spawn randomness and all the corners/runners that hide one off. This looks more promising.

In terms of enemy variety, I'm not too picky...but I would prefer if it could keep a similar survival metric as trapdoor. Nothing too difficult but far from packs of punching bags 🙂

Edited by Ratch_
  • Like 1