I missed the memo...can someone remind me?

Xandyr

I can't remember, so I'm gonna ask the experts (hoping @Redlynne or @Force Redux will have the answer)

I'm playing a Mercs MM, and I know that Soldiers, Spec Ops, and the Commando can each slot an Achilles' Heel: Chance for Resistance Debuff. Now I know that debuffs won't stack from the same player, but will they stack from each different pet? Now that I think about it, I don't think they will stack, so it would probably be best to slot just 1 in the Soldiers ?

Thanks in advance.

X

• Like 1

Nope. Achilles will only stack once on any given mob from what I understand. Like, only one person, pet, anything can drop an achilles buff, but different resistance procs stack on each other. However, slotting them in all of them highly increases the chances of proccing achilles on everything, and multiple applications continually refresh the debuff so it just doesn't go away. 

I would say slot one in the soldiers and save room in other pets for other things. Like you'd get way, way more mileage out of 1 proc in soldiers and then 2 pet defense auras in the other two, compared to 3 achilles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like @TheSpiritFox said, you're better off putting into just one henchman. The Tier 1 mercs have 3 sources so they're more likely to apply the debuff, but are -2 to your level so it's about 2% worse as a debuff than putting it in the LTs. The LTs are -1 to your level, so the debuff from them is about 2% than from the Soldiers but 2% worse than from you, but they have 2 sources trying to apply it.

Personally, I'd put it in the Soldiers, but it depends on your slotting as you want all of them to still have good Accuracy and damage procs help them a lot. So it may be more of a question of which can spare the IO slot than in outgoing debuffing.

• Like 1

I have a Merc/Poison with Achilles proc slotted in soldiers as well. I apply Noxious Gas to the Commando and send him in first for a double whammy.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I'd say the question is well answered but there is one more tidbit to add. If I understand the mechanic correctly, Achilles Heel will only proc off attacks that have a -def effect.  For the soldiers, that is every attack available to them except for the medic's grenade. Even their cones.  With the Spec Ops, it's only their two starting attacks. With the Commando, it's only burst. Further, with Spec Ops or the Commando, those are single target attacks. That means one soldier alone can apply the debuff better than both specs or the commando.

In short, not only are the Soldiers the right call for the Achilles Heel proc, it's the better choice by a huge margin.

As a side note, give them the Overwhelming Force Kb to KD IO as well. It not only replaces a damage IO but the effect is hilarious with that many attacks.