How does he do it?

Batman has Batsuits stashed all over the world, and keeps a suit in his briefcase, and in his Bentley, and in the Batmobile, and in the Batjet, and in his office in Wayne Tower, and... well, you get the point.

The X-Men have suits stashed with their transportation.

The Flash has a suit in his special ring.

Hulk no wear boots!  Puny footwear!

Superman... is apparently always wearing his suit, but where does he hide his boots?  Does he wear shoes a couple of sizes larger than he'd normally wear so he can wear his super suit boots all of the time (with socks over the super suit boots (wouldn't that force him to wear shoes three sizes too large (at this point, he's either running around with Rob Liefeld feet, or clown shoes)))?  Are they hidden in the old prison wallet?  Does he make new boots every time he changes, using his Super Cobbling power?

I should've asked myself this question 40 years ago... but how often do you look at a man's shoes?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

And for that matter, who is shoemaker to the heroes? 

While I can't speak to original versions of Superman, by Henry Cavill's era, the answer should be nano technology, not unlike Iron Man's Infinity War suit.  Just have the Fortress making more nanos while you are away. 

That, or Supes is friends with Flash, so a suit ring is not beyond possibility.  

Can you imagine hopping up and down at super speed to try to get a boot on in a phone booth?

Edited by Techwright

In one version I have read, Superman's costume is made from the cloth that arrived with him from Krypton as a baby.  It is Kryptonian clothes which is why it is invulnerable.

But a later version had superman create a forcefield around himself that extended just far enough to cover his costume.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

But a later version had superman create a forcefield around himself that extended just far enough to cover his costume.

See, this is why I normally am not a Superman fan (though I am liking the "Superman and Lois" TV series).  The comic book writers just come up with whatever they want as a power.  No restraint.  I mentioned it elsewhere, but they even gave him "super ventriloquism" at one point.

As to the Kryptonian cloth, that makes more sense.  And yes, I did see a description of his cape being made from the cloth that wrapped him as an infant. 

However, ever since (at least) Christopher Reeves donned the cape and tights, we've understood that a significant portion of Kryptonian technology travelled with Kal El, usually via some advanced crystalline tech that can replicate and construct.  So it make sense he'd be able to construct suits from it's "toolbox", especially at the Fortress.  How it gives him hidable boots, however, is a mystery.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, Luminara said:

Superman... is apparently always wearing his suit, but where does he hide his boots?  Does he wear shoes a couple of sizes larger than he'd normally wear so he can wear his super suit boots all of the time (with socks over the super suit boots (wouldn't that force him to wear shoes three sizes too large (at this point, he's either running around with Rob Liefeld feet, or clown shoes)))?  Are they hidden in the old prison wallet?  Does he make new boots every time he changes, using his Super Cobbling power?

Honestly the answer should be obvious. He keeps them in the frames of his glasses!

Hey, if Flash can keep his costume in a tiny ring, Superman can keep them in his glasses. He is Superman after all lol.

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

I think each writer/artist takes certain liberties in those nitpicky things. Like, Krypton is destroyed and Superman just happens to have a perfectly fitting uniform? That couldn't have been tailored on Earth, since the clothes are invulnerable(?). Oh wait, a flying man with laser vision who can live in the Sun... maybe I should just suspend disbelief 😁

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

That couldn't have been tailored on Earth, since the clothes are invulnerable(?).

He also shaves.  The trick is he uses heat vision to shave himself (using a mirror) and also to make the cuts and holes in his clothes for tailoring them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DougGraves said:

He also shaves.  The trick is he uses heat vision to shave himself (using a mirror) and also to make the cuts and holes in his clothes for tailoring them.

Yeah that was always something that made me scratch my head. Why? Because any eye beam that can shave Superman would easily go threw any mirror like a hot knife threw butter. So suspension of disbelief is always the best way to go imho, and certainly far more fun.

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

• 2 months later

He uses a front-silvered mirror and cools it with his freeze-breath.

(At least in my head-canon!)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 4/9/2021 at 11:11 AM, Glacier Peak said:

I think each writer/artist takes certain liberties in those nitpicky things. Like, Krypton is destroyed and Superman just happens to have a perfectly fitting uniform? That couldn't have been tailored on Earth, since the clothes are invulnerable(?). Oh wait, a flying man with laser vision who can live in the Sun... maybe I should just suspend disbelief 😁

Ah, but Mom made it...  ( 😉 )