What works with Titan Weapons?

joyispunkrolex

I don't see Titan Weapons very often and I've been thinking of trying the set, probably on a Scrapper. I know Shield doesn't work with it but are there any sets that actually synergize with it? /SR because of Quickness? Willpower because no clicky powers? Is it just a poorly regarded set?

Rad Armor

I love combos and all I been doing is running char up to 40ish testing out synergy and brute power. I came upon the TW/Rad combo  just the other day on reddit read the reviews and was sold. Power lvl it up to 30 just the other night. Synergy is hands down 10/10  now don't get me wrong you can have powerful builds that don't come out to till max lvl but some feel clunky at early stages. TW/Rad does have that clunk, until you get slotted beta decay then  -25% rech with TW equal happy face with perma hasten. The feeling is like slicing villain with a butter knife with some crazy Boondock Saint Soundtrack in the background.

Its a combo that  in mid 20's starts to shine and never turns back.  The -rech is huge on TW this is one of the few combos that I think would be good on a brute as well. I chose scrapper for the crit= free rech on build up which is are Momentum cheat.

Have fun choosing but this is my 2 scents, also fire/SD is plane Lawls to...….

Willpower works quite well. No clickies to interrupt Momentum, and it helps with the endurance issues of TW.

Titan Weapons is a monster of a set. I'm surprised you haven't seen it much; I felt like it was everywhere on Live.

I started making one with bio armor just for the adaptation flexibility and especially damage bonus in offensive. I am having a hard time wanting to use a different secondary honestly. But this thread is making me want to try TW with rad armor. Yep, guess I’ll be doing that tonight.

I don't see Titan Weapons very often and I've been thinking of trying the set, probably on a Scrapper. I know Shield doesn't work with it but are there any sets that actually synergize with it? /SR because of Quickness? Willpower because no clicky powers? Is it just a poorly regarded set?

I'd say you're on the money for it, SR because of Quickness, WP because... well, WP works with everything and I would add Elec because of Lighnting Reflexes.

I wanted to revisit this question. I looked around on Reddit some and a lot of people have very high opinions on TWs. However, I am trying to decide which secondary to lean into first. From what I can tell a lot of people like pairing it with bio and rad. From what I understand, bio has higher damage, and rad has higher recharge.

I’m sure there is definitely more to it than that. I know we are still early in the game, but has anyone had a chance to try TWs with both bio and rad? If so, can you comment with your thought? Also, anyone who has tried just one or the other.

Not fond of the set.  Animation lag is bad.  You cue up your AoE and the team has already killed most of the baddies.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

What level are you at on your TW, Hera?  Animation delays bother me less and less as the level increases, as Im spending more and more time in Momentum.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Got that one to level 24.  Perceived lack of team utility has gotten her shelved in favor of my fire/regen, who gets her AoE off without a hitch.

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

The set definitely feels slow at those levels. You don't have enough recharge to really keep an attack chain going, you only get the one AoE, and Build Momentum still takes ~90s to recharge. TW doesn't really bloom until 30+, when you get Whirling Smash and Arc of Destruction slotted so your AoE ability takes off, and you spend less time waiting for recharge.

Numbers wise, bio armor works very well with Titan weapons. However, Titan weapons is a set that lacks a no redraw option. You will need to intelligently plan your active cooldown like parasitic aura and ablative carapiece around momentum, which negates this.

I have only experienced rad armor on brute and tanker, but my friend hhad satisfactory results with it on his claws scrapper. The T9 ability would also provide a hefty damage and recovery bonus.

Energy aura is also really nice with Titan Weapons.

Numbers wise, bio armor works very well with Titan weapons. However, Titan weapons is a set that lacks a no redraw option. You will need to intelligently plan your active cooldown like parasitic aura and ablative carapiece around momentum, which negates this.

I'd also point out that bio armor is a set like regen that heavily relies on uh-oh click powers.  Animation lag does not mix well with combinations like that; this is what got my level 50 fire/energy tanker deleted. 

i went with /elec.  you get 20% recharge passive, 50% end reduction on everything and ALSO a fill your end bar clicky.  solves a lot of the shortcomings of TW.  overall the set is a monster if you disregard momentum.  constant knockup, tons of AoE and insane single target damage, a defense buff, resistance & defense debuffs.

the problem is dealing with momentum.  the damage of the set during momentum is awesome.  getting momentum is a problem often times.  you dont get momentum when you hit absorb bubbles (even if it is a successful hit).  you dont get momentum on a miss (which feels REALLY awful) -- that said, chain misses are absolutely disgusting.  outside of build momentum clicky, the standard momentum window feels so short.  and one of the biggest issues surrounding this is maximizing your attack windows during momentum.  anytime you need to press buttons not related to momentum during your window it feels REALLY bad.

all that in mind, playing in parties is often very awkward.  you might as well not do anything if you dont have build momentum active because by the time you finish swinging, whatever you tried to hit will be dead and your momentum will be half gone by the time you get to the next target and then you'll have to get momentum AGAIN.  overall an extremely strong set limited by an extremely frustrating momentum mechanic.

as an aside, i dont know if its a bug... but pretty much every attack in the kit has a delayed aspect to it.  skills swing around, make sound effects etc, and then it actually does the damage/knockups 1 second later.  im not sure why because it doesnt lineup at all with whats happening visually but it can often feel bad if you were spamming a knockup skill as you die and then the mob gets knocked up right after you die.

Its a high frustration, high investment, late blooming set with a very high payoff.

The natural answer would be to pair it with something very smooth, like WP.  Elec and Bio drive the return on investment even higher - but at a cost of being (even) later blooming and harder to make fire on all cylinders.

My Titan/Bio is in the 30s now, and Im atarting to see the return on investment and look forward to the ‘final’ version - but find myself gravitating back to the already built-out Spines/Bio Brute - so make of it what you will.

I think it probably makes a better ‘Imma play this forever and utterly master it’ than it does a ‘this looks awesome lets take her out for a spin’

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute