Disable Destiny Incarnate (Barrier) visuals?

Autumn

You can recolor it though.  From what I remember you can tone it down quite a bit if you go for the usual "bright" option and then the dark grey type colors.  Course that doesn't help if other people cast it on you I know, but that'd be the same even with a minFX option.

• Like 1

I always recolor stuff 'bright' and then as dark as it goes to diminish those kinds of effects.  On my archery/traps corruptor, I actually had to recolor the force field so you could tell; where it was, I got it too subtle. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Sadly, I've been advocating an 'invisible' color to hide such things but the powers that be have never answered.

For those curious this is already in the game. Prestige Slide Sprint has one such 'invisible' color we can click to completely hide the visuals. Radiation Siphon comes extremely close to this as well.

Certain obnoxious effects could be wonderfully masked with this. Offensive Adaptation with the Minimal FX does an incredible veins of power effect that I'd love as an aura tbh, but then does a weird drippy cloud FX around the fists. We could delete that drippy cloud effect and keep the veins. This would open a lot of customizing including not glowing like a radioactive Chernobyl refugee 99% of the time on 99% of the characters or out of the stacking of three or more glowing auras just keep a single tasteful one.

Unfortunately the god devs have not pronounced themselves on this.

I have tried recoloring some incarnate stuff (polar lights and storm elemental lores) and sadly it just recolors the activating cast.  The danged things are just what they are and take it or leave it.  

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/SuppressCloseFx_(Slash_Command)

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/SuppressCloseFxDist_(Slash_Command)

Those might help.  Remember to scroll back a click or two on the camera if you're going into the costume editor, though, or you won't see any power effects during editing.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.