Energy/Energy/Dark Build

Aeroprism

When EM was completely revisited for scrappers, I decided to make me a EM/EA with Fold space so she would never lack any friends to play with.

I played her intensely yesterday and today, she's coming along quite nice so I wrote her a build based on @Sovera's Rad/EA scrapper build posted a bit ago, because Sovera is awesome and has the adorablest avatar ever.

So the numbers are quite similar, good defense all around, very decent resists.  I skipped Focused Accuracy but it's super easy to spec in if needed. I took one more attack on that build (compared to Sovera's Rad) because the EM attacks all mesh together so well. Also: I'm a sucker for ATOs but considering how this scrapper does not have a damage aura, I wasn't quite sure how to use them so I kept the "Critical Strikes goes on your longest recharge attack" while I put Scrapper's strike on the quickest attack.

This build is extremely poor on procs, I didn't want to waste too many set bonuses.  EM is a lot of slow, hard hitting attacks so, I'm questioning the pertinence of heavy-proccing everything.

Sooooo... fellow scrappers, let's hear your thoughts!

(Edited after Sovera's recommendations and a few ideas of my own)

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Plasma Clementine: Level 49 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TtnCtn-EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(15), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(15), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 8: [Empty] 
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 12: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- Tim&SpcMn-Stlth(A)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 18: Energy Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(23), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25)
Level 20: Whirling Hands -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Erd-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 22: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 24: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Total Focus -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(34)
Level 30: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 35: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(39)
Level 38: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(40), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(42), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(42), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(42), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(43)
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(47), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(49), Rct-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
------------

Edited by Aeroprism

Sovera is.

I couldn't see how to improve this tbh. The obvious answer would be to remove the slots from Barrage and spread them around on things like the woefully underslotted Moonbeam, but then what? Level with Bone Smasher and Brawl until 26? And if exemplaring dust Brawl again? Barrage kinda needs to stay since TF is so far away. Energy Punch is better than Barrage btw, even though Barrage has that 'special' for using the Energy Focus mechanic.

EM is a bit of a headache for me since I sort of refuse to use ET's slow mode and insist in wanting to have it only after TF... but TF's recharge is super awkward and tends to force the use of Barrage. Moonbeam does not recharge fast enough to be up for more than every two rotations.

So I'm not going to delve into this. Scrapper vets may be of more help.

The only small changes I can spot would be removing the sixth Hectacomb from ET for a Touch of Death proc, and replace the Makos in Bone Smasher for five Touch of Death for a little bit more resistance. Also adding another three Eradications in Power Crash to finish capping Energy instead of adding more S/L with Obliteration. Do keep the Armaggedon proc in Power Crash though. You should be able to TF, Power Crash, Whirling, Power Crash, repeat.

TF is a great proc triggerer so the Critical Strikes proc sits well there (and gives ET/PC a very good chance to crit). ET is a good proc carrier as well since it requires no endurance reduction and has decent recharge as is. But the rest of the Critical Strikes set is not particularly great to have six slotted. I'd possibly try to fit the five Hectacomb in TF instead.

Hm. hm. hm.  You got me thinking about lots in there.

I replaced Barrage for Energy Punch, I wasn't really decided on either.

Now, with hasten and proper slotting, Whirling hands becomes available every 4.7 secs or so. Let's make it into a proc engine.  Makes the cone attack a bit redundant, so I might just skip it to get me something else and better.  

How would you slot Moonbeam if you could have a full 6 slots for it?

I'm not even sure it makes sense.  I've played so little with Epic pools...  

I'll edit my original post with the build with two unselected powers in it, see if people can have ideas.

Oh and this character is already in her 30s so low levels is not an issue.  As foe exemplaring... yeah, I guess.

Edited by Aeroprism

Maybe it will give you some ideas, but this is the build I'm currently running.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6

Level 50 Science Scrapper
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (5) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold
  • (5) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 1: Kinetic Shield

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 2: Bone Smasher

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (9) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (11) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (13) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 4: Dampening Field

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (25) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 6: Power Shield

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (15) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (15) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (17) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (17) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 8: Build Up

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 10: Entropic Aura

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 12: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 14: Super Speed

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Energy Protection

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (19) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (23) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (25) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 18: Whirling Hands

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown

Level 20: Energy Cloak

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (21) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (21) Shield Wall - Defense

Level 22: Combat Jumping

• (50) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 24: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Total Focus

• (A) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (27) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Superior Scrapper's Strike - Recharge/Critical Hit Bonus

Level 28: Energize

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 30: Tough

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (31) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (31) Aegis - Resistance
  • (34) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 32: Energy Transfer

• (A) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Critical Strikes - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Critical Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Critical Strikes - RechargeTime/+50% Crit Proc

Level 35: Energy Drain

Level 38: Weave

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 41: Moonbeam

• (A) Sting of the Manticore - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Interrupt/Recharge
  • (45) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 44: Dark Blast

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (45) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (46) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 47: Summon Widow

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (48) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 49: Maneuvers

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 1: Brawl

10 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Do Scrappers really need to chase procs with their scalar?

I honestly have no frame of reference, I don't have a high level scrapper.  I'm honestly just being a copycat and doing what everyone else is doing.  I guess I need to get her to 50 and find out for myself. 

You know what they say: A hundred theoretical builds aren't worth one real character 🙂

Edit: So I decided to test the proc thing and went with this.  We'll see what happens.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7

Plasma Clementine: Level 49 Magic Scrapper
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), TtnCtn-EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 6: Bone Smasher -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(15), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(15), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Combat Teleport -- Tim&SpcMn-Stlth(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(23), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- Erd-%Dam(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Erd-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 22: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(34)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(37), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(39)
Level 35: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(46), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(46), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), StnoftheM-Dam%(48)
Level 38: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(40), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(42), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(42), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(42), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(43)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(47), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(49), Rct-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by Aeroprism

So she's a riot.  She's 37 now, she hits like a TRUCK and her build has yet to come in full bloom.  

Properly macro-ed, combat teleport is pure love to play and this character is an ode to single-target demolition.  It's insane how much fun I have with her. And this is Energy Aura. I can't even imagine how brutal EM must be with Bio or Shield.

Really tempted to start one with /Shield but I suspect that the Endurance cost of EM and Shield must be completely insane.

I am running a energy/bio right now, I tried energy/nin and didn't like it all that much but with Bio it is really powerful. My aoe is pretty lack luster but in any group I just target the next group bosses and I have the boss down in generally 2 hits depending on the difficulty and the group will wipe out pretty much everything else at the same time. I am running with the cs proc in TF and when energy transfer hits.. oh man. I am lvl 41 and typically get close to 1k with build up or any team buffs.

17 hours ago, Squishor said:

I am running a energy/bio right now, I tried energy/nin and didn't like it all that much but with Bio it is really powerful. My aoe is pretty lack luster but in any group I just target the next group bosses and I have the boss down in generally 2 hits depending on the difficulty and the group will wipe out pretty much everything else at the same time. I am running with the cs proc in TF and when energy transfer hits.. oh man. I am lvl 41 and typically get close to 1k with build up or any team buffs.

It works well in teams?

For the last 10 levels or so (am 40 now) I have played solo and it's a beast but since it's so single target intensive, I felt it would have a hard time contributing to a team of that level since everything goes by so fast.

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

It works well in teams?

For the last 10 levels or so (am 40 now) I have played solo and it's a beast but since it's so single target intensive, I felt it would have a hard time contributing to a team of that level since everything goes by so fast.

It should be fine, I play every single-target-heavy build like a Stalker: the goal is to erase the largest target and move to the next largest before all the AoE takes care of the minions and lieutenants in general situations, or to one-shot troublesome lieutenants/minions before they get a chance to act and then move on to the largest target if you're dealing with something that has them.

EM, as a set, is built like a general Stalker primary: you get two hard-hitting attacks (three for Stalker EM, but the general case is AS + heavy hitter from the original melee set), limited AoE, and attack chain filler that makes up most of your DPS. Before the initial nerf, when Brutes got 3% damage per point of Fury and Stalkers still had a 0.9 modifier, my EM Brute would routinely hit Energy Transfer harder than a Stalker would hit with Assassin's Strike from hide.

Edited by siolfir
added details for explanation on "filler"

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

It works well in teams?

I am enjoying it on a team for sure. I do what Siolfir is saying  by targeting the bosses in the groups and run in and typically they are dead in 2-3 hits at +3-+4 diff. Everyone on the team is going to be rocking the aoe attacks it seems so if I can make the bosses be dead at the same time then it is a nice team speed increase for clearing

At level 41 I can already reach a few conclusions:  This build is not end-starved but it misses a LOT. I currently play on +2 and I whiff like you wouldn't believe.  

I was also aiming to have a very solid single-target core with a decent AoE damage in the form of Whirling hands and Ball lightning to rely on but the damage is really lackluster, which kind of removes the fun of having the Fold space power: no sense in bringing everyone around me if I can't AoE them to death.  This idea might work better on another type of scrapper. (or Brute). 

So I might re-mold this build to focus on extremely efficient and agressive ST damage.

Thoughts?

I agree that the damage on WH is lackluster - even buffed from what it was - and Ball Lightning is nice but does a lot of its damage as DoT ticks, so it's not going to pick up the slack immediately. Throw in the lack of a damage aura to finish off things at a sliver of health and I think you're better off using that plan on a different combo, using your plan to remold for ST damage to focus on what these sets do well, but if you can afford it do so on a second build because Judgement is still out there waiting to plug AoE holes on any build.

• 1 month later

There's a trick to Energy AoE.  The damage is light, yes, but chaining Total Focus -> Power Crash -> Whirling Hands -> Power Crash is doable so you're consistently generating AoE damage.  And with Power Crash's 120 degree cone and the Energy Focus bonus, you'll also be consistently hitting a lot of targets.  And if you have the crit proc in Total Focus...  Well,  you're not Titan Weapons, but who is anyways.

Here's the build I'm currently aiming for on my Energy/Energy to see if it might help:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6

Actionette: Level 50 Science Scrapper
Power Pool: Experimentation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Barrage -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Energy Punch -- CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(13), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Bone Smasher -- CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(21), GssSynFr--Build%(23)
Level 8: Power Crash -- Obl-Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(27)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Speed of Sound -- Run-I(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(34), Rct-ResDam%(36)
Level 24: Dampening Field -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(36), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(39)
Level 28: Energize -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(40), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50), DctWnd-Rchg(50)
Level 30: Energy Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(43)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(43), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(45), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(45), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(45), PwrTrns-+Heal(46)
Level 38: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Toxic Dart -- Apc-Dam%(A)
Level 49: Adrenal Booster -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(13)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
------------

Edited by skoryy
whoops wrong build

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

On 5/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, Aeroprism said:

It works well in teams?

I come in late, but for what it is worth I'll drop my two cents:

A) Don't worry too much about having a very AoE centric build. As long as you have -some- AoE for solo most of the time someone else is going to drop a ton of AoEs in the middle of a spawn and killing the boss and couple lieutenants that survived will be job for ST.

B) As was just mentioned above Power Crash, Whirling Hands, Whirling Hands should be enough.

C) Despite what I said in B I tried a EM Scrapper and couldn't keep my interest up. Give me a Fire Armor Tanker any time who burns spawns as low as level 13 (exemplared) and whose AoE is used in ST as well. Fire/Claws for AoE carnage, Fire/Ice for ultra low level AoE (by 13 (exemplared) having Burn and Frost) or Fire/Martial Arts for best all rounder.

I find Tankers to have a very level performance. It means no particular highs, but it starts early. A Scrapper on the other hand seems to only bloom at 40+ and until then it is working in hiccups. But come 40+ and they boost past the Tankers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
16 hours ago, Netfiend007 said:

OK, So why only 1 Slot in Entropic Shield? is the power not worth Boosting past that? or where you looking to save slots?

Because slots are at a premium. More often than not someone min maxing a build will run out of slots long before having run out of powers. It's why you see min maxed builds with 2-3 powers that have no slots. Because nothing of interest could be slotted? No, because no more slots.

Like everything there is some weighting being done. Whatever you'd slot in Entropic Aura is worth it more than being slotted somewhere else? This is a personal decision each player makes.

In this particular case what more could be slotted into Entropic Aura? With generic IOs only endurance (useful), recharge (useless), and taunt (little use).

Of sets only the Taunt sets can be slotted in. They universally give no endurance reduction and instead give accuracy (Entropic is auto hit so it doesn't need that), taunt (not needed either) and range (can't increase the radius of the aura so useless). Which leaves the bonuses. Some of the bonuses of the Taunt sets could be useful, but the raw sets of slotting Entropic Aura would be useless as mentioned above.

I encourage you to try and find different slotting though. Making builds is good fun by trying to fit everything like good old Tetris. The only think to be mindful are the goals.

These usually (but not always and they depend from player to player) are:

- Reaching 40 or 45% defenses.

- Enough endurance recovery to be sustainable.

- Having all attacks borderline on the yellow (ED) on recharge, and damage (endurance reduction usually comes with but trying to have it slotted is good), with enough accuracy to be as close to 95% to hit +3 enemies (this is easy to see by modifying Mids so ToHit is set to 48%).

- A workable rotation of attacks. Neither more than would be useful nor too few that there are seconds passed waiting for one to recharge.

- Usually (but not always) as much recharge as possible so that Hasten is close to permanent.

- Lastly trying to work in some Slow resistances but this is usually down the list.