Add a "no redraw" option to Arachnos Soldier powers

Hey guys,

I've been playing a crab/mace mastery soldier on Indom. The build im using has powers from soldier, crab, and mace. As you can imagine, I end up doing a LOT of drawing animations on this character between shatter armor, burst, and longfang. Is it possible to add a no-redraw option to the gun and mace animations? This change would make the gameplay WAY less sluggish just like it has done for trick arrow and assault rifle on blasters.

Im hoping this could be an easy thing to implement since it has been done with other sets.

• Like 5

I had mistakenly thought this was already implemented, but on getting my own soldier leveled up, I see it's not. I definitely second.

Also, relatedly... given that some people, myself included, have rifle builds for Bane that mimic Huntsman/Wolf spiders, and Build-Up is such an awesome ability, it would be wonderful to have a no-redraw, or non-mace-draw version of that in particular, so using Build-Up doesn't cause a draw of the mace and/or redraw of the rifle.

The redraw is annoying, but there is a silver lining: the Arachnos Soldiers never got the change to weapon powers that removed redraw as part of the power's activation time, which means that redrawing your weapon doesn't actually slow down your attack chain. If you have to redraw your weapon for a move, your next attack will go off sooner than if you didn't.

@Vanden

What do you mean? It absolutely does slow down your attack chain. There is a massive difference if you have to draw the weapon

Hey, one of the top spiders on Everlasting here. Never had any noticable problems with redraw. Can you provide any empirical evidence that supports this claim?

• Haha 1

Heres an example, spec into your third build. Take burst, web from mace master, and single shot.

Now fire off them in that order. Then imagine how much better that would feel if you didnt have to draw each weapon. Even longfang puts your weapon away, it wouldnt make sense to redraw your weapon anyway.

Many other sets enjoy an option not to have redraw, why should soldier not?

• 7 months later

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but as a fairly recent spider soldier (Bane division, no less), a redraw option would make a drastic change to the gameplay, and a major improvement to boot! (plus I doubt it'd be that hard to implement compared to other suggestions)

Honestly, I'd like to see "No Redraw" be fixed to be less janky before it was added in as an option in more places.  Right now "no redraw" just means no animation plays at all when the weapon appears.  It gives an awkward, twitchy sort of look to the weapon sets that ruins the feel.

Make it work right before expanding the unfinished product.

13 hours ago, Oneirohero said:

If anything, a sweep to check that all weapon-based sets have no-redraw options should be made to solve the problem once and for all.

I agree with this for the most part, but I could see deliberately skipping Titan Weapons. It probably doesn't need any help.

It would certainly make my (primarily melee) Fortunata happier.