Why does Synapse's Shock IO set have Damage and Accuracy IOs?

This set isn't Accurate End Mod, it's just End Mod.  Yet three of the IOs in the set have Damage, and of those three, two of them have Accuracy.

That's half the set that gives no, or minimal, benefit to the power it's slotted in.

Can we please get this fixed?

Edit: 

I can see leaving the Accuracy component in, and maybe the Damage, for use in some blast sets, but I'll say again, this isn't an Accurate End Mod set, it's listed as End Mod.  I'd really like to see End Mod on every IO, with the possible exception of the ever present EndRdx/Recharge that most sets get and, of course, the proc (though this proc already has EndMod).

Edited by Col. Kernel
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

OP are you saying, slotting a pure end mod is a waste ?  Cause that End/Run speed is absolute garbage, no it can not be dressed up with a good excuse.  Its exactly +2.14 MPH and its unique...so even slotting 7.5% speed 5x bonuses (1.04 x 5) from Aegis would + End Mod /Run would top out 7.34 MPH, give or take a shit bonus.  

Or are you confusing Accurate End Mod set, like the difference of Heal and Accurate Heal.  Its not an accurate set as there is only Endurance Modification, its an Endurance Mod set with ACC attached to throw a bone to Electrical powers with -end drain; which was often considered useless secondary effect, now they drain and do damage should you slot it.

Trying to understand your point, the grand total point of the set is Endurance modification and not all electrical powers have damage, but all need ACC to hit.  Hence why some sets have +ACC or +DMG, Synapse is a boon for damage powers.  Power Transfer set is even better with more +DMG enhancement effects.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

@Outrider_01

Maybe I didn't explain this well.

Synapse's Shock is an End Mod set.  None of the enhancement in it should have a Damage component.  None of the Enhancements in it should have an Accuracy component.

Yet three (half the set) have no End Mod component to the IO, and have a Damage Component.  Of those 2 of them have an Accuracy component.  Why do they need Accuracy if they are used on friendlies instead of foes?

That's the core of my beef with this set.  I wish to  5 slot them in Energizing Circuit, not only for the set bonus but to improve the power.  Synapse's Shock is NOT an Accurate End Mod set, it is an End Mod set.

5 hours ago, Supertanker said:

For Electric attacks. I wish more sets had Acc and Dam enhancers, they'd be more usuable.

If Synapse's Shock were an Accurate End Mod set, this would be understandable.  It's not, it's an End Mod set.  You slot it in Stamina, or Energizing Circuit, or Lifegiving Spores, etc.

There are Accurate End Mod sets for various Electric Blast/Melee powers.

21 minutes ago, Col. Kernel said:

If Synapse's Shock were an Accurate End Mod set, this would be understandable.  It's not, it's an End Mod set.  You slot it in Stamina, or Energizing Circuit, or Lifegiving Spores, etc.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as "Accurate End Mod" sets. End Mod sets go both in powers that buff endurance and also powers that drain endurance, many of which need accuracy.

It might be a good suggestion to create such sets, but in fact, no, there are not Accurate End Mod sets, hence why End Mod sets have Accuracy in them. They are slotted in things like Short Circuit, Shock, or Consume, which need to hit.

@Wavicle

You are correct sir or ma'am.

I didn't recall seeing Damage components on any other End Mod IOs, but a second glance show that there are 4 Damage IOs on Power Transfer, but one of them also has an End Mod component.

Still wish they'd put EndMod on one of the Damage IOs, probably the Damage Recharge.

Electric attacks

Some storm summoning

People dont realize Dark Consumption can do a decent amount of damage

I have not tried Consume in forever

You know how Knockback sets also have damage in them but not every knockback does damage?

10 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

No. You slot it in any power that has an end mod component. If you weren't supposed to, they wouldn't have it in that category.

Also...

no acc end mod.jpg

Before getting so stridently up in arms over something being in the wrong category... you should make sure the category you insist it should be in exists.

As has been mentioned, plenty of powers (like... all of Electric blast or Electric melee) that can use acc, end mod and damage in one set.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• City Council
13 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

Synapse's Shock is an End Mod set.  None of the enhancement in it should have a Damage component.  None of the Enhancements in it should have an Accuracy component.

Those sets were introduced last year to be used in damage powers such as Electrical attacks. The inclusion of damage and accuracy on them is by design, not a bug, and won't be changed. Relevant patch notes:

• Synapses_Shock.png.e86b11582a32e4f1102344b5ff9db565.png Synapse's Shock (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • The first of two new Endurance Modification sets with a damage focus, designed to be useful in endurance-draining attack powers.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Endurance Modification
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Recharge
      • Damage / Recharge / Accuracy
      • Damage / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • UNIQUE: Endurance Modification / 15% Increased Run Speed
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 7.5% Movement Speed
      • 3: 10% Slow Resistance
      • 4: 8% Regeneration
      • 5: 6.25% Recharge
      • 6: 4.5% Energy / Negative Resistance + 7.5% Mez Resistance
  • Power_Transfer.png.388c155a5c6018f984e46a69823a6268.png Power Transfer (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • The second damage-focused Endurance Modification set.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Endurance Modification
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Damage
      • Damage / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • Damage / Recharge / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • Chance to Heal Self (3 PPM)
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 6% Regeneration
      • 3: 1.35% Max Endurance
      • 4: 1.875% Max Health
      • 5: 9% Accuracy
      • 6: 7.5% Recharge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was about to say the same as @Faultlinedid. We lobbied to have damage dealing IOs that did endmod to help out Elec Blast and Elec Melee sets.

The other endmod sets also enhance accuracy as there's no distinction being an EndMod Set or an Accurate EndMod Set which by design from the original dev team to allow spotting powers like Transference or Powersink that have accuracy rolls. Sure in Stamina you only need EndMod, which you can get via generic IO's+5 if you choose and then add a proc for maximized end gain in stamina, but your able to get pretty good EndMod with the existing sets in Stamina as is, especially since there is so much recovery bonuses and rarer end discount spread across a multitude of IOs.

Edit: I actually really like the procs for Synapse Shock, as I like to squeeze as much speed into my toons as possible when I reasonably can. Also the proc for Power Transfer is cool as well(just wish it healed for more, but beggars can't be choosers).

Edited by SeraphimKensai

I think what the OP is not understanding is that End Mod sets boost both Recovery and Endurance Drain/Recovery debuff.

The reason players requested Damage in End Mod sets is that they were not previously useful in Electric attacks. This meant that in order to enhance the endurance drain of their attacks, Electric Control. Melee, and Blast players had to bypass set bonuses.

It's true the sets that provide damage don't help powers that don't deal damage. But mostly also true that powers that need damage are not attractive places to slot the sets that don't add damage.