Vigilante or Rogue-Which Do You Use to Get to the Other Side?

Zephyr Star

Vigilante or Rogue? Your character can start as Villain or Hero, that's not important to the question. All I want to know is what you choose to go to blue and red zones?

I usually choose Vigilante. No other reason aside from those are the types of heroes I usually enjoy in movies and comics. Usually good but not too good to do what it takes to bring down those who need it! I will choose Rogue once in awhile though if the character concept calls for that more.

Rogue here!

My character sees truth in Humanity when it comes to the Rogue Isles. Humans are willing to claw, scratch and kill each other should opportunities be too difficult to pass up and the Rogue Isles is very much that; "Survival of the fittest." it's a baseline truth, but she sees humans as having two sides the opposite side is false facades built on gleaming statues of self-narcissism in Paragon City. Her view of Heroes is rather jaded, they're tolerated for as long as it's useful to her own goals.

Shes not a Vigilante pushing the barrier of mortality to do good but as a Rogue as she is not particularly evil either, humans are just evolved apes that can pull a trigger. A Praetorian elitist who also thought Emperor Cole was doing right until Primal Earth meddled in another dimensions affairs and she mostly blames PE's Humans for that, thus not beyond killing meta-humans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Previously I've gone the vigilante route. Mostly because at the time I was playing a mostly heroic character who wasn't afraid to bend the rules (by a lot) to eliminate a threat. Now I'm going rogue because the character (different from the previous example) was a threat that was eliminated. However her past has been erased from her recollection; but is still being hunted by other agencies (Mostly Longbow currently) and other Heroes for her past deeds.

She is not out for quick get rich schemes (she doesn't need money). She just wants to be left alone while trying to find her way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a fan of Rogues personally.  Villains who aren't all evil, they just simply take what they desire.  A lot of my characters go the Rogue routes for the goodies or a sense of entitlement.  My Widow fits this bill as I have it in my head that, while she serves Arachnos, the pay could be better and with the whole forcing herself into the Destined Ones list she can use that extra leverage to get what she deserves off the clock.

Another Rogue of mine has shades of mad science, but mad science gets expensive.  Maintaining an experimental power suit isn't cheap when Aeon and Crey are getting all the research money for their own projects.  Gotta get that funding from somewhere.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Completely depends on the character. And with widely varied reasons, everything from "that's just the way they see things" to ties into backstory, journeys and the like...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 1 month later

Depends on the starting alignment.

My heroes go the vigilante route, while my villains turn rogue.

This is to ensure that they "remember" their roots.

@retrobytz ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Lumitia | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom

I just go Vigilante because my character is about protecting people who don't have the power to protect themselves, not upholding institutions or the law. If people want to rob a bank, loot a supermarket, or blackmail a CEO, it's no skin off her hide as long as people aren't getting killed in the process.

• Thanks 1