6 x Impervium Armor gives 10.50% Psionic Resistance instead of 4.5%

huang3721

I noticed this when I slot 6x Impervium Armor. According to hcwiki, 6 x Impervium Armor gives 4.5% Psi Resistance. However, aside from 4.5% from Huge Toxic Psionic and Mez Resistance, I also get 6% from Impervium Armor.

Is this what Global Enhancement Means?

hBmedAr.jpg

2T0coFu.jpg

That's working as intended. The 6th enhancement grants a 6% psi resistance (not unique, btw). It basically acts as a special 1-piece set bonus, so rule of 5 still exists for it.

Edit (extra clarification): the rule of 5 is specific to Impervium armors 6% bonus, not other set bonuses that grant 6% psi resistance. So if you slot 5 purple sets that offer 6% psi/toxic res and you slot 5 of these special Impervium enhancements, you will have 60% total psi resistance in the end. The rule of 5 checks for the name of the set bonus, and in this case the set bonus names are different. This is why you can also slot 5 LotG for 7.5% recharge each and have another 5 of the typical 7.5% recharge set bonus, because the set bonus names are different.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 minutes ago, huang3721 said:

I see, so that is what "Global" means. Thanks 🙂

Yep, easiest way to get psi res is to slot as many of those as you can. I know Angels has an Invuln tanker that caps psi res, which is pretty insane. 

If you slot 5 of these procs plus one Aegis plus your Shield Wall and Reactive Defenses, that’s 43% psi resistance right there before getting to any actual set bonuses.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1