Back after 1 year

Elleriel

Hello all,

I want to come back on the best mmorpg I ever played.

When this adventure began on homecoming, I lvled fast and fully stuff lotof lvl 50 characters on indomitable server but I stopped play because low population and almost impossible to find people to play mostly on COV side. 

I'd like to come back and have some questions

- on wich server will I find more people to play ?

- with the last modifications on secondary powers, do I have to reslot all my 50's ? 

See you soon online

• Like 1

Welcome back.

1. Server - You can always check "Server status" at the top of the page during the hours you play, but typically it's the two Es - Excelsior and Everlasting, the second being the RP server.

2. Modifications - Maybe, maybe not, depends wholly on your character and if you feel you need to make changes. I haven't yet, personally .

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Excelsior has the highest population.

But

If you are wanting to play Villain/Redside, I highly recommend Everlasting.
They regularly have a higher Redside population than any other shard, and have several active and dedicated redside only groups. Likely due to the RP crowd that refuses to change alignment easily creating a stable red population there.

- with the last modifications on secondary powers, do I have to reslot all my 50's ? 

No. No change for the most recent i27p2 requires any respec or reslotting.

Some of the teleport were changed on i27p1, but nothing that would prevent you from using your character in any way.

TL;DR: No.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back. That must have sucked for a year. Ditto what @Kal5 said.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 6/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, Elleriel said:

I lvled fast 

The game isn't going anywhere. 

Enjoy the artwork and story line the developers put into every level.

Not  one of my 9 pages of alts has made it to 50 and they all get played regularly.

I'm on Torch and host the Fire and Flame Strike Force weekly.

I believe it's super easy to transfer your characters between shards if you are so inclined.  I know it's really easy to rename characters, but I have never tried a server switch (that I remember!).  So if you want more pop for your existing characters, think about transferring them over to Excelsior.  

Welcome back friend!

1 hour ago, Morinmoss said:

I believe it's super easy to transfer your characters between shards if you are so inclined.  I know it's really easy to rename characters, but I have never tried a server switch (that I remember!).

Switching servers is just about as easy.  There are 3 buttons at the top right of the character screen.  They are (from left to right): transfer, rename and delete.  When you select transfer, it will detail what gets carried over (like stuff in the auction house) and what does not (like supergroup membership).  It warns you that your name might not be available on the destination server.  It also says it might take some time for the transfer to take place, but I've never seen it take longer than 1-2 seconds.  You have 5 transfer tokens and they are replenished (back up to 5) every 3 days.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Welcome back!  Excelsior has the highest server pop, but not a thriving redside.  For that, I would go with @Kal5 and recommend Everlasting.

Reslotting is up to you; I haven't found it necessary since the changes are to the good, but if you are a numbers cruncher/min-maxer, you may want to tweak your slotting on secondaries.  Or not.  Run your toons and see what you think.

You can move your toons very easily by transferring them to whatever shard you choose (blue to Excelsior, red to Everlasting, or whatever).  We get a lot of transfer tokens all the time, so you can't possibly run out.  Well, I guess you COULD, but it would be hard.  Heh.