Perma RoP resistance with shield.

Dahkness

22 minutes ago, Ratch_ said:

Maybe it's about time i made that dark melee/shield scrappah

All 3 of those powers aren't effected by recharge rate so you don't have to worry about slotting for recharge. Great for all different shield builds. 

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

6 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

I'm having a stroke trying to figure out what RoP and Melee Core are.

Ha. Took me a bit too.

Rune of Protection and Incarnate Hybrid Melee Core I believe?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

this combination is fairly easy and powerful.  the downside is that you give up other incarnate hybrid... notably the doublehits (or just the scaling damage if that is your flavor).  it is definitely something you need to weigh out because most people would pick up shield defense for the +damage bonus and AoE attack in the first place.

/radiation can do something similar with meltdown if you have enough global recharge to bring it down to 180 seconds CD (or lower).

**wrote down the wrong number for some reason... you only need to get meltdown from 8 minutes to 3 minutes CD, which is actually pretty easy for any build with hasten in it (and /radiation has recharge built into beta decay... except for stalkers).  that said, /radiation is not particularly difficult to hit very high resists on, but it could be an avenue away from the fighting pool (which boosts S/L only) to hit higher resistances.

Edited by Sancerre
fixed meltdown CD needed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sancerre said:

this combination is fairly easy and powerful.  the downside is that you give up other incarnate hybrid... notably the doublehits (or just the scaling damage if that is your flavor).  it is definitely something you need to weigh out because most people would pick up shield defense for the +damage bonus and AoE attack in the first place.

/radiation can do something similar with meltdown if you have enough global recharge to bring it down to 120 seconds CD (or lower).

That’s good to know!! I’ve been wanting to try Rad armor. I’m using this method for deathless HC content. I could see were the extra dmg would be nice for regular content 

yea the only downside with this kind of operation in practice is that there are going to be very small windows as you are switching over to your next resistance power.  now with resistance specifically this is not _as big_ of a deal because it will still be a consistent stream of damage. 

but for example when i play my /time corruptor with clarion incarnate... every 2 minutes my farsight drops and i go from 50% defense to 25% defense... depending on what you got tagged and coinflips abound, it can be a stressful moment as i recast clarion + farsight.

1 hour ago, Sancerre said:

yea the only downside with this kind of operation in practice is that there are going to be very small windows as you are switching over to your next resistance power.  now with resistance specifically this is not _as big_ of a deal because it will still be a consistent stream of damage. 

but for example when i play my /time corruptor with clarion incarnate... every 2 minutes my farsight drops and i go from 50% defense to 25% defense... depending on what you got tagged and coinflips abound, it can be a stressful moment as i recast clarion + farsight.

You could use shadow meld in between for the drops. Has a fast recharge rate. I’m new to melee classes. I’d love to have that defender style survivability. Might take a few more clicks but if you can manage it. 

you can easily get M/R/A Def to 45 with just toggles. Have you played shield? Not sure why you are comparing Time to a scrapper. Of course Farsight wins all lol

Edited by Dahkness

8 hours ago, Sancerre said:

/radiation can do something similar with meltdown if you have enough global recharge to bring it down to 180 seconds CD (or lower).

One of the few reasons to play a brute, IMHO. Meltdown + Melee gives you that permanent 90% resistance cap to all but psi, stacked with the other rad goodness it's a fun time.

(Of course, the Tanker version can get pretty damn close to 90% resist cap without juggling stuff. With a higher HP pool. And wider AoEs hitting more targets. And still deal decent base damage.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dahkness said:

Update with running this method! I love it, it’s great. It’s not to be relied on for complete survivability. It’s great to always have some kind of high res shield always up to click though.  

Best defense is a good offense.

22 hours ago, Oysterhead said:

Ha. Took me a bit too.

Rune of Protection and Incarnate Hybrid Melee Core I believe?

... my brain insisted it was different shorthand for "Rise of the Phoenix" and wondered how they were dying so much - even intentionally -  to have this as a rotation. I had to click and look.  🙂

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.