Hide, learn me on this.

Snarky

On 7/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, Snarky said:

as i play i am realizing there is a difference between "hidden" and "no one knows you are there"  if i assassin strike a target and use a jet pack to fly off, and become "hidden" their buddy is still pissed as hell.  i think with the large groups of snakes i may have been encountering part of the "linked group" of someone i killed.  but that is a guess.  at the time it did not seem that way.

between the targeted ambushes in the bank and the attackers who are part of the same group that may be the entire explanation.  but again, just guessing.

Does Hide need Invisibility in later game content?  The power specifically says it stacks.  I really wanted to run a stealth character.

No, but stealth and Hide are like a married couple you dont wanna keep apart. Great against those GODDAMN RIKTI DRONES YOU SONSA-*ahem* It’s nice to have, alright?

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

19 hours ago, Seed22 said:

No, but stealth and Hide are like a married couple you dont wanna keep apart. Great against those GODDAMN RIKTI DRONES YOU SONSA-*ahem* It’s nice to have, alright?

I've not bothered with stacking Stealth on Hide myself.  It used to be more of a PvP only thing and I've read plenty of conflicting reports that does or doesn't help with Rikti Drones.

Either way, they are a minor nuisance not worth an entire power choice unless you have some other reason to take Concealment pool.  Stealth does provide a small defense buff like Combat Jumping does.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:11 PM, Snarky said:

So unless I am wearing really squeaky shoes Hide is not working the way I thought it would.  I had assumed it was "Invisible" until I attacked.  There are level 1 minion snakes on Mercy that are like "What the F you looking at hidey stalker?" and come over and attack me....

Hide is not 100% chance of stealth. Some mobs can still see you, but if you combine Hide+Stealth = True Invis. (Against 99% mobs out there)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ZemX said:

It used to be more of a PvP only thing and I've read plenty of conflicting reports that does or doesn't help with Rikti Drones.

Certain enemies see through stealth no matter how much is stacked. Rikti Drones, Crey Snipers, Rularuu eyeballs, incarnate trial turrets and probably a few others. Made a video last year with Hide + Stealth + Celerity unique equipped, and the Rikti Drone still attacked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

Certain enemies see through stealth no matter how much is stacked.

Wish I'd seen this before hopping in game just now, but I tried it anyway on an alternate build and yeah, even with Hide + Stealth + SS = 240ft stealth radius, the level 50 Rikti Drone still saw my Level 50 Stalker and took a shot at me.

I also picked up a power analyzer.  The Drone had a Perception Radius of just 35ft, meaning yeah, it ignores stealth.  It doesn't see through it with perception.  

I thought that was the case but it's nice to confirm it.  Thanks for posting the vid again.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 7/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, StrikerFox said:

Instead of monitoring stealth radius, just look at your character. A hidden Stalker is very translucent, unhidden Stalkers aren't.

image.png.982da614c6abf10bdc99216fa275fed9.png

They realize a lot of us are getting old, right? 

This is why I can only play /EA stalkers, since the Energy glow will silhouette my character and I can actually play Stalker without getting headaches 

grumble .. stuff about lawns and kids these days and other stuff I forgot already.  

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 6:12 PM, ZemX said:

Wish I'd seen this before hopping in game just now, but I tried it anyway on an alternate build and yeah, even with Hide + Stealth + SS = 240ft stealth radius, the level 50 Rikti Drone still saw my Level 50 Stalker and took a shot at me.

I also picked up a power analyzer.  The Drone had a Perception Radius of just 35ft, meaning yeah, it ignores stealth.  It doesn't see through it with perception.  

I thought that was the case but it's nice to confirm it.  Thanks for posting the vid again.

Yes, the Drone will detect you at 35ft.

Note there are powers out there that debuff perception (Flash Arrow and Smoke, for example) and will 'Blind' them reducing their perception to 0ft.  Careful using any procs in those powers as they can end up 'notifying' the mob, causing them the aggro on you.

Aggro (your Threat) decays with time.  If you have aggro and mobs are after you evading them while not getting hit and they will eventually give up (assuming they aren't ambushers targeting you).  Not the speediest or current meta but 'hit and run' does work.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Aggro (your Threat) decays with time.  If you have aggro and mobs are after you evading them while not getting hit and they will eventually give up (assuming they aren't ambushers targeting you).  Not the speediest or current meta but 'hit and run' does work.  

Which is why I wouldn't bother with stealth stacking even if it DID work on Rikti Drones.  It's not worth the extra power slot to deal with something that's that rare and not really a big inconvenience anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, ZemX said:

Which is why I wouldn't bother with stealth stacking even if it DID work on Rikti Drones.  It's not worth the extra power slot to deal with something that's that rare and not really a big inconvenience anyway.

On a Stalker with Hide I'd agree but on some sets and powers it's almost incidental-->Steamy Mist + SS + stealth IO or while niche can be useful, for instance, getting close enough to use Flash Arrow to Blind foes to the presence of the whole team.