key bind help please

Posting here to remind myself to come back and will paste mine here.

I just have basic one: press button to change form and tray.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

With the following binds, you hit one button to shift your form and tray for dwarf or nova.  If you press it again, it shifts you back but not your tray.  So I included another button that toggles on your basic shield and shifts your tray back to normal.  Sometimes tray shifting chokes, or you don't want to wait, so you can put key human powers on your alt or control tray.

B "powexec_name White Dwarf$$goto_tray 3"
SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexec_name white dwarf step"
N "powexec_name bright nova$$goto_tray 2"
U "powexec_name fly"
Z "goto_tray 1$$powexec_name shining shield"

I have some keybinds and macros shared in the first post of my PB build. Click the Peacebomber banner below

👇

Just realized I don't see banners on my phone, just in case:

Edited by Harakh

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

Welcome to Khelds! It can be a lot of clicking but I when you get your keybinds down it's actually easier for me then other ATs. I use a Razer Naga so a lot of my binds are executed with my thumb. I'm not sure if you're going to get the forms but the same key can be used to active a human form power, nova, and dwarf. For example: This bind will let me attack with Radiant Strike, Bright Nova Scatter, or Dwarf Flare depending on the form I'm in. Type everything inside the brackets [ /bind 4 "powexecname Radiant Strike$$powexecname Bright Nova Scatter$$powexecname White Dwarf Flare" ] I have all of my key binds in my build page here in the forums. I use F for fly, G for nova, V for dwarf, X for Light Form, Hasten is on Auto (hold control and click the power icon). Since you use 1-6 you could keep it easy and have all you're attacks that you use often there for each form. Hope this helps!

I'm baffled at these kinds of claims.

Each form of a Kheldian has up to about eight powers, nearly all attacks, which fit nicely in the primary power tray and can be actuated with the muscle-memory 1-0 keys.

Why do players think complex binds and macros and so forth are needed and make the AT so overwhelming to play?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 7/24/2021 at 2:50 AM, Shenanigunner said:

I'm baffled at these kinds of claims.

Each form of a Kheldian has up to about eight powers, nearly all attacks, which fit nicely in the primary power tray and can be actuated with the muscle-memory 1-0 keys.

Why do players think complex binds and macros and so forth are needed and make the AT so overwhelming to play?

Going to be pedantic over 8 powers and say its actually either 10 or 12 depending on build, 4 or 5 for Nova and 6 or 7 for Dwarf 🙂

10 hours ago, chi1701 said:

Going to be pedantic over 8 powers and say its actually either 10 or 12 depending on build, 4 or 5 for Nova and 6 or 7 for Dwarf 🙂

Up your pedantic... I mean, I up your pedanticism, then:

• Human/base form has 6 combat powers (through 20), 2 TP powers, 3 shield powers.
  • Squids have 5 combat powers, plus the form power.
  • Dwarfs have 5 combat powers, plus taunt, plus TP, plus the form power.

Since the only powers that need "careful" management are the primary-tray combat ones, none of these should be overwhelming to manage or master, even as the human stacks up powers the way pretty much all ATs do. The form, TP and shield powers can easily go on secondary trays, macros, binds, whatever.

The ONLY complex thing about Kheldians is essentially managing three alts in one. And even as someone who gets all bind-y on things that don't really need it, I have fewer keybinds on my Kheld than any other build. So again, while acknowledging that the 3-in-1 makes the AT a challenge to play effectively, it's not because of some mess of keybinds and macros and their management.

Unless — and I figured this out as I went — the solution being attempted is stacking powers on a single primary-tray macro. Using a "T1" to fire all three Tier-1 powers, "T2" to fire all three Tier-2 powers, "T3" to make a bad sequel... wait, wrong thread. And you simply don't have to do that or have to "manage" all that complexity to play a Kheld. Anyone who's gotten overwhelmed by trying to over-customize the UI simply went the wrong way on this.

Three simple macros to rotate form and primary tray, and you're done. You can even pre-write/pre-load it so it's ready to go before you get your alternate forms. Down the road tweaking and management: none.

Detailed post on the technique follows. I know it's not all original, but it might be worth adding my little tweaks to the knowledge pool.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 2 months later

Macros are an option.

Since Live I have patched tray and powers through the numpad using the in-game key mapping option. I drag the powers for the forms in the trays. All fit in three trays, a few go into a another because I use them rarely.

It is muscle memory now .....

I use Macros for other things and glad I learned how to create them.

/e poofgone

• 5 weeks later

I will go ahead and jump in this thread with the recent paring down of macros that I learned to be satisfied with.

Firstly, I want to say that simply loading all of your active-use human-form abilities onto your main hotbar, then putting the dwarf and nova skills on their own bar, respectively, which you swap to when you want to use them, is a fine baseline tactic for playing a kheldian, and it works fairly well. I would ditch the pop-up bar regardless, though, keeping your skills confined to the main 10 hotbar banks.

I've done it all on my kheldian playing journey: from binding hotbar tray swaps to mouse thumb keys that also load new keybind files full of unique binds for each form, to the newer technique of turning every used skill into a macro with its form toggle or de-toggle included, with the goal being to double tap/click each skill fast enough that the form change isn't visible at all.

With both methods and similar, something always messed up for me. Binds from my kheld files leaked into my main keybinds.txt file and show up for non-kheld toons, I'd get "stuck" in one form or another after the game didn't like how fast I wanted to load the different files or macros. And no matter how quick or well-timed my double-tapping was with the latter method, sometimes it just wouldn't fire the skill, requiring yet a third tap/click, or me just moving to a new skill with exasperation.

Finally I thought, why don't I just abuse the hell out of autofire? Macroing a form change plus the autofire of a given skill executes both perfectly every time, with a single tap/click, and faster than if I manually hit one key to switch forms and then another key to execute the skill. And as soon as I know the skill has begun to fire, either by my character's animations or the animations on the skill button, I know I can move onto the next skill. It all happens much faster than that explanation suggests!

It's effectively a queue system for skills, in a game that doesn't feature that option. I still have several skills bound to keyboard shortcuts, so I am still able to pop Hasten on autofire when needed. Yes, it still involves macros, which also necessitate me keeping the actual skills visible on a separate hotbar to monitor cooldowns, but the setup isn't all that difficult or lengthy, and it's easy to revert to any other method of play.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>