What's the lowest level build that can solo AVs?

dekova

Without hitting 50 and exemplaring, what's the lowest level character that can solo a level-appropriate AV?

By level-appropriate, I mean one that you can come across while getting missions from contacts like Chernobog in Shauna Stockwell's "Death by the Truckload" mission.

I have soloed very few AVs.  Mostly because I am lazy.  I had to solo the tree in the first Treespec for the badge. When i was in low 30s. That was a “story arc” toon and therefore had built up a small (and completely unused) army of temp summons as he completed various missions. I called everybody.  It was not a good day for the tree

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I soloed Dr. Vahz in his story arc mission at level 18(19?) with a Stone/Regen brute. Had the assorted P2W 8-hour temp buffs and 3/4 tray of random insps. It's not something I generally push to do, this was a "can he do it?" kinda whim.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

If you mean a fully slotted character exempted down. 

1 hour ago, dekova said:

Without hitting 50 and exemplaring, what's the lowest level character that can solo a level-appropriate AV?

(boldface added for emphasis)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

I have soloed very few AVs.  Mostly because I am lazy.  I had to solo the tree in the first Treespec for the badge. When i was in low 30s. That was a “story arc” toon and therefore had built up a small (and completely unused) army of temp summons as he completed various missions. I called everybody.  It was not a good day for the tree

Treespec

That's a name I haven't heard in a long long time. (Obi Won)

Back on live I remember them being hard. (Especially since your build was wrong, which is why you did one)

It was almost easier to re-role the character except it took forever back in the day.

The first was hard, the 2nd easier and the 3rd much better since you had more and more powers.

I need to run my pages of alts to see what it's like all these years later, and without a horrible build.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ILIWAPCT said:

Treespec

That's a name I haven't heard in a long long time. (Obi Won)

Back on live I remember them being hard. (Especially since your build was wrong, which is why you did one)

It was almost easier to re-role the character except it took forever back in the day.

The first was hard, the 2nd easier and the 3rd much better since you had more and more powers.

I need to run my pages of alts to see what it's like all these years later, and without a horrible build.

I do recommend the envenomed dagger and army of minions strategy.  It was surprisingly fast. I too remember the live version and thought it was a crazy idea when i started. But unless the respecs are the weekly forming one ip Redside is….no….not even going to try lol

12 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Hmmm . . . I'm curious now if anyone has soloed the DFB at natural level.  I think maybe a level 6 sonic/rad corr could do it with either P2W support or e-mailed inspirations.

I do it somewhat frequently at level 1. Or whatever level you end up at when you face that first AV, anyway. No specific AT required.

For low level AV soloing, it's worth noting:

- the "enemy health" vs "player damage" equations are extremely favorable to players, the lower level you go. This is why bosses drop very fast.

- AT modifiers aren't in effect yet, so even low damage ATs deal near full damage.

The best level 1 AV soloer is likely a Brute. Origin attacks do great damage at low level, and they get a full boost from Fury. You can outpace AV regen with ease at level 1 by spamming Brawl and Throwing Knives.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nihilii said:

I do it somewhat frequently at level 1. Or whatever level you end up at when you face that first AV, anyway. No specific AT required.

For low level AV soloing, it's worth noting:

- the "enemy health" vs "player damage" equations are extremely favorable to players, the lower level you go. This is why bosses drop very fast.

- AT modifiers aren't in effect yet, so even low damage ATs deal near full damage.

The best level 1 AV soloer is likely a Brute. Origin attacks do great damage at low level, and they get a full boost from Fury. You can outpace AV regen with ease at level 1 by spamming Brawl and Throwing Knives.

beat me to it... I was about to attempt a solo DFB as quick thought experiment. (probably still will, but no reason to post about it now)  Also, seconding the comments on how low level AVs do not have the same issues overcoming regen.  I've no doubt it's possible... possibly even easy with the right sets.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I don't think I ever did it deliberately, but back on Live, I had a Bots/Dark MM who was, IIRC, 37 when he joined a Manticore TF, and for reasons I don't understand had the team fall apart after the 'defeat all' missions, leaving him as the last person on the team. Just for shits and giggles, I decided to try to finish the TF. Back then, Hopkins was the only AV you faced in the last mission, and I managed to get all the way through and grind him down.