Can we convert threads into Empyrean merits? Please?

I didn't read the whole thread so if it was discussed my bad.

Remember though, the incarnate stuff isn't done yet. We still have other stuff to unlock such as Vitae and Omega, unless that has been dropped from HC agenda.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, arcane said:

No vote from me. This would make players more able to finish their characters by simply playing only their /fire brutes, potentially reducing the already tiny population one can play with. But yeah, as someone with north of 2K vet levels on /fire brutes, it’s tempting.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:23 PM, Tiger Shadow said:

I'd be happy if my incarnated characters could use threads for something other than inspirations, but it shouldn't be emp merits for the reason Arcane said.

That's a ridiculous reason not to do this. My characters get most of their incarnate garbage from farming Heather's arc in DA at the highest diff they can handle while clearing it solo. Me being able to convert threads to emps is NOT going to change your inability to get on a team one way or the other.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, arcane said:

The incarnate system has mostly asymmetrical conversions. Look how many threads you get for a Notice of the Well, and then look at how much you have to do to craft a Notice of the Well. Look at how much you need to craft a rare component with threads, and you’ll see more than 160 threads of investment (using 160 because that would create 8 emp merits under the proposal). So it is clearly designed not to be symmetrical. 

Then make the conversion rate something silly. 200 threads per emp sounds good.

8 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Then make the conversion rate something silly. 200 threads per emp sounds good.

Fine with me. 

But let’s still be honest. Any buff to vet level 100+ is disproportionately a farmer buff. Do we definitely want to buff farmers? Just asking because some people really passionately hate farmers. And many dev actions since 2004 have been targeted at limiting farmers. (I am a farmer myself please do not accuse me of hating farmers because that makes no sense).

Discuss.

Edited by arcane

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Fine with me. 

But let’s still be honest. Any buff to vet level 100+ is disproportionately a farmer buff. Do we definitely want to buff farmers? Just asking because some people really passionately hate farmers. And many dev actions since 2004 have been targeted at limiting farmers. (I am a farmer myself please do not accuse me of hating farmers because that makes no sense).

Discuss.

I don't care because I know it won't make any difference at all. Farmers will farm, soloists will solo and the people that hate one or the other or both will continue whining on the forums that they can't find teams. Or that the teams aren't playing like they want. Or whatever.

It would save me time on new alts, thus giving me more reason to make more alts and keep me interested longer, and would give me something worthwhile to do with the vast amount of threads my many already T4ed alts have rather than dumping them on inspirations I never use beyond selling them for inf that I don't need.

• Thumbs Up 1