Can we convert threads into Empyrean merits? Please?

4 hours ago, TheLeprechaun89 said:

You know people already get very little in the way of threads even when farming right? It's a slow grind and usually you only get threads from the vet level rewards. I think you're over exaggerating how much this would produce.  Farm a whole map solo and you'd get enough for maybe one or even 2 emp merits if you're lucky? 

Also removing something from AE and removing something from regular content is VERY different (AND I had stated that I don't believe they should even turn them off for AE anyways).

If the only reason you do iTrials is for the rewards then I suppose you just don't find the game fun in general? I know MANY people who do iTrials on toons over 99 vet who have no use for the rewards but find it fun. Also if the only reason you endure doing a boring iTrial is for the rewards then why wouldn't you want this?  You get to avoid doing those pesky iTrials you apparently don't enjoy doing and can still get your incarnates.  🙂  This should be a blessing to you who doesn't enjoy doing iTrials and just endures the horrible experience to finally get your incarnate components. 

As someone who farms regularly, this is simply incorrect.

And the main argument against this was that it would reduce the number of folks doing iTrails.

You're not making the suggestion look better with the recent comments above.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

And the main argument against this was that it would reduce the number of folks doing iTrails.

I mean... it's probably incorrect in reference to some players and correct in reference to others.  After all, everything in this topic is just an opinion-  even my very firm belief that the change would have no negative impact and that I'm correct in that belief (which, ultimately, is still just my opinion.  You'd have to actually take the change for a test drive to prove it one way or the other).

Except the orangutan bit I posted.  That's dead on- a statement of pure, objective fact.   😁🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Ok tell me how many threads do YOU get from maybe 2 hours of farming? I farm here and there and barely get many threads when I do, it's a slow grind to get threads from drops. (to be specific I'm not talking about the reward dump of threads you get at some vet levels up to vet lvl 99 but getting them as drops from defeating enemies). 

Also, if you farm all the time then why wouldn't you want this?  You literally FARM for resources.  Being given an additional resource worth farming should be glorious to you.

If you also love doing iTrials but also farm all the time, then clearly both can exist.  Incarnates is so slow compared to the current pace of the rest of the games that it's a killjoy and most give up working on them half way.   It's like driving at 200MPH in a long race only to have to go 1mph for the last leg of the race.

Also if it reduces the number of people doing iTrials then clearly they never wanted to do them in the first place no?   Personally I'd be more inclined to do iTrials on my full incarnate toons just to get the rewards and break them down and convert into emp merits. Because as is I gain nothing from playing them other than getting inf. If I could be converting threads into emp merits I'd play my other vet 99+ toons more often and be more inclined to do iTrials and DA content for the rewards. 

4 hours ago, Triumphant said:

I mean... it's probably incorrect in reference to some players and correct in reference to others.  After all, everything in this topic is just an opinion-  even my very firm belief that the change would have no negative impact and that I'm correct in that belief (which, ultimately, is still just my opinion.  You'd have to actually take the change for a test drive to prove it one way or the other).

Except the orangutan bit I posted.  That's dead on- a statement of pure, objective fact.   😁🤷‍♂️ 

Your community reputation is at 69..... nice!  ;D

2 minutes ago, TheLeprechaun89 said:

Also, if you farm all the time then why wouldn't you want this?  You literally FARM for resources.  Being given an additional resource worth farming should be glorious to you.

A person can both farm and oppose power creep.

16 hours ago, TheLeprechaun89 said:

Power creepy..   yeah.. 
Hey tell me... how many threads do you imagine a farmer will gather in a could of hours farming?  Just from drops btw not from Vet Rewards. 

The fact that you’re asking this question tells me you don’t understand what power creep is (a big thing that happens in small increments - iow, a change being small in no way prevents it from creating power creep). 

Let me simplify this for you. I oppose buffs to farmers/farming because farmers/farming clearly need zero buffs. Full stop. I don’t care if you get 2 extra emp merits per hour or 20. The correct answer is zero extra emp merits per hour.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, arcane said:

The fact that you’re asking this question tells me you don’t understand what power creep is (a big thing that happens in small increments - iow, a change being small in no way prevents it from creating power creep). 

Let me simplify this for you. I oppose buffs to farmers/farming because farmers/farming clearly need zero buffs. Full stop. I don’t care if you get 2 extra emp merits per hour or 20. The correct answer is zero extra emp merits per hour.

Why are you instantly assuming this is only farming oriented?   Sounds more like you PERSONLLY dislike people farming instead of doing stuff you want people to do instead. I know what power creep is, but if something is creeping VERY SLOWLY It's not much of an issue. Not wasting resources and giving players an reason to play their characters more and to complete incarnates?  That's a good thing.  Also like I said previously, I'm SURE this will cause people to do other content more for these reasons too.  Farming gets boring and repetitive so I'm sure people will want to play their full incarnate toons more often doing other stuff to grind threads. 

Even if they do farm and grind to get EMP merits from threads..  what does it matter to you?  They can't trade out of their account or sell them so it doesn't effect market.  Your only complaint is literally not wanting people to do stuff you don't enjoy.   This might be shocking to you but this game isn't designed to revolve around what YOU want.   If people want to farm threads to send emp merits to their alts and get a bunch of fully incarnated toons, that's their prerogative and you have no say in that. 

Also I'm sure people would be doing other content MORE than farming to get them.  iTrials for example if you get a rare component and break them down to threads that'd be even more EMP merits you can make and email compared to farming for hours. It'd encourage people to do iTrials more often on their completed toons. 

It also allows players to manage their resources better.  Say I need 2 emp merits to finish a power but have 40 threads and nothing left to use them on, It allows the player to convert and make the power. Just like you can break down emp merits to threads when needed. 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, arcane said:

I see from previous discussions you've had that you just have a huge hate for farmers and farming.  So from this point on I'm not even going to give your opinions much credit as this seems spawned from some personal anger you have towards people doing stuff you don't want them to do. People who try to gatekeep games and control how the community plays to make THEIR experience better are toxic. It's not all about you and your experiences.  Please take your unreasonable and selfish anger elsewhere.  

28 minutes ago, TheLeprechaun89 said:

I see from previous discussions you've had that you just have a huge hate for farmers and farming.  So from this point on I'm not even going to give your opinions much credit as this seems spawned from some personal anger you have towards people doing stuff you don't want them to do. People who try to gatekeep games and control how the community plays to make THEIR experience better are toxic. It's not all about you and your experiences.  Please take your unreasonable and selfish anger elsewhere.  

Huh? I farm basically every day....

Does not compute.

You know a person can simultaneously be a farmer and be opposed to farming getting any easier/more lucrative than it already is, right?

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 hours ago, arcane said:

Huh? I farm basically every day....

Does not compute.

You know a person can simultaneously be a farmer and be opposed to farming getting any easier/more lucrative than it already is, right?

Well it looks like you bring up your dislike of people framing in multiple peoples suggestions whether they be about farming or not.  You also get very passive aggressive and rude then act all innocent and "attacked" when someone gives back.  If you have an issue with it go make your own post about it instead of bringing it into everyone else's posts.  Again it's not all about you. 🙂    

22 hours ago, TheLeprechaun89 said:

Say I need 2 emp merits to finish a power but have 40 threads and nothing left to use them on, It allows the player to convert and make the power. Just like you can break down emp merits to threads when needed. 

Join a Hami raid; once per character per day, you can select four Empyrean merits as the completion reward. Then take your 'excess' threads to Luna in Ouroboros and buy some huge, dual, or team inspirations with them.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, TheLeprechaun89 said:

It'd give a use for those 99+ vet level toons that just get Threads and have absolutely no use for them anymore besides maybe buying super insps.

Ideally, I just bank mine because there's a possibility there will be other - possibly incarnate - things to spend threads on.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, TheLeprechaun89 said:

Would allow you to transfer resources back and forth easier for better character building and inspire people to play their toons more even after collecting all incarnates. 

I have T3 in everything by maybe vet level 12 at the latest.  By the mid-late 20s I have T4 in everything.  Do content, join Everlasting TFs, its not hard to finish it all off and in good time too.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

On 9/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, ZacKing said:

I like this idea!  Before we get anything like that I'd love to see account storage put in so we don't have to rely on the stupid email system.

Given that enhancements that utilize existing mechanisms in the game are more likely to be implemented than something that requires entirely new code and UI changes, we're much more likely to see it as a mailable item than a completely new storage system.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:09 AM, golstat2003 said:

It would make me LESS likely to do incarnate trials.

Who does itrials now?  even on excelsior its mostly 8man speed only trials.  gatta be incarnated to get in.

Most folks these days just firefarm for 15 mins when at 10 bars of patrol, or wst/itf

its been well over a year since being on a massive itrial

typing this out made me sad. 

mega single server where names are tied to @handles and your @handle is displayed next/bottom of your name with an option to hide others from your view when

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

Who does itrials now?  even on excelsior its mostly 8man speed only trials.  gatta be incarnated to get in.

Most folks these days just firefarm for 15 mins when at 10 bars of patrol, or wst/itf

mega single server where names are tied to @handles and your @handle is displayed next/bottom of your name with an option to hide others from your view when

iTrials are definitely plenty active on Excelsior right now.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, srmalloy said:

Join a Hami raid; once per character per day, you can select four Empyrean merits as the completion reward. Then take your 'excess' threads to Luna in Ouroboros and buy some huge, dual, or team inspirations with them.

Yeah I know you can buy the super insp but I'm talking about using them for Incarnates and about all the extra threads your toons collect once you have full incarnates and have no use for them beyond super insp.  Having a back and forth conversion would help you get the right components and make sure of the resources. Give a reason for players to play their 99+ vet toons too.  Also iTrials and DA content would be more worth doing. 

13 hours ago, kelika2 said:

On Indom people run them every night. Pretty full leagues and they do a bunch in a row. They're fun, especially on your maxed out toons but then the rewards are pretty pointless.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:42 PM, TheLeprechaun89 said:

I hope so... But I've been hoping for that for some time now but seen no hint of any intention to work on it. lol

Realistically I think we are faaaaaar off from any further incarnate abilities.

I think they have their focus on adding more content first.

• Thumbs Up 1