First time in game's history? Dominator solo Master ITF 54 x 8, no insps, no deaths, no temps

Voltak

• Retired Developer
On 9/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, Voltak said:

I believe this is the first time it's been achieved, at least verifiably or recorded -  Solo Master ITF Challenge with this difficulty setting. 

*tears in their eyes*

Dominators... welcome home...!

• Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer

Dominators are my all time favorite AT, and I will fight/cry at anyone who disagrees!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

On 9/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, Piecemeal said:

Dominators are my all time favorite AT, and I will fight/cry at anyone who disagrees!

I've tested out an earth/earth on Brainstorm, and thanks to that I'm leveling up one as my next project.   Great Caesar's Ghost, she's mighty!

• Thumbs Up 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
16 minutes ago, Col. Kernel said:

I'm with Hew on this one.

I have a Fire/Earth that can survive as long as his blue bar does.  It's literally a DPS race between the spawn's HP and my End.  Ageless and Permadom are not enough.

In your case, it sounds like you will need Cardia Alpha 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voltak said:

In your case, it sounds like you will need Cardia Alpha 

Already have that, too.

Edit:

Ok, so I keep Agility slotted.  Just logged in and ran a test.  I don't run out of End with Cardiac but I'm far more survivable with Agility.

Edited by Col. Kernel
Noted

Some technical details if possible.. 

You had to debuff or suppress powers on the AV.. 
I am trying to run a solo ITF but on a petless mastermind so trying to get some technical info to help me out. 

18 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I am trying to run a solo ITF but on a petless mastermind so trying to get some technical info to help me out. 

In the AV fight, the strongest debuff to get his HPs down came from Lore pet (Longbow) and that is a 500% regen debuff. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, plainguy said:

Your Defenses  and resistance numbers ?

Resistances -

S/L - 75%

Energy 21%

Neg Energy 40.40% 
Toxic 33%

Psy - 10% 

Defense 

49%. Ranged

46% Energy - Neg energy 

These are the stats on the build I used to solo the ITF 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Voltak said:

Resistances -

S/L - 75%

Energy 21%

Neg Energy 40.40% 
Toxic 33%

Psy - 10% 

Defense 

49%. Ranged

46% Energy - Neg energy 

These are the stats on the build I used to solo the ITF 

Wow..

Thank you very much.. Really appreciated..  

I know being Dark Dom you had some hit debuff as well but this and the Lore pet info is very helpful to me in my quest. 

18 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Wow..

Thank you very much.. Really appreciated..  

I know being Dark Dom you had some hit debuff as well but this and the Lore pet info is very helpful to me in my quest. 

Very welcome

Yes, plenty of to hit debuffs 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:59 PM, plainguy said:

What sets is your Mastermind?

EDIT: And are you allowing yourself to select pet summons powers (and just not summon your pets) or not even selecting those powers.  The first would allow you to use the powers to mule IOs for set bonuses, the second does not.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

What sets is your Mastermind?

EDIT: And are you allowing yourself to select pet summons powers (and just not summon your pets) or not even selecting those powers.  The first would allow you to use the powers to mule IOs for set bonuses, the second does not.

I don't want to take over the thread with my nonsense.

3 whip attacks,
Trick Arrow minus ice arrow. unfortunately Only Oil slick is fully slotted everything else is one slotted with some sort of proc
Full fighting pool. 

Mu mastery excluding shackles. 6 slotted

Defenses

45 Melee, 45 range, 41 energy, 41 negative.

Resistance 

S/L 75%

This is why I asked his defense and resistance numbers.. 
I am trying to see how we compare. 

The thing is he has a solid hold.. 

I can see in the video he was holding the AV..  

Mine would be a full on fight.. 

I have gotten as far as the 3rd mission with the computer.. But after 30 minutes of fighting I gave up.. I couldn't beat him down fast enough.. 
I have a bunch of different builds.. I need to see which primary and secondary would bring the most debuffs and of course DPS.

This is why I asked his defense and resistance numbers.. 
I am trying to see how we compare. 

The thing is he has a solid hold.. 

I can see in the video he was holding the AV..  

Mine would be a full on fight..

His ability to Hold Rommy helps but is trivial compared to several other factors.  For one it's part-time owing to the PToD (Purple Triangles of Death).  When those triangles are up his Hold isn't overcoming his protection.  Even with perma Dom that's stacking 9+ Holds before considering the effects of mez duration and resistance as Rommy has at least 53 pts of Protection while they're up.  You need to keep him at range.  Hover and/or Immobilization.  He uses Hover and brings in Imperious to tank as well as add dps.  Then adds more dps and regen debuff with his Lore pet.