Rad/Fire Brute looking for some advice

Vindaloo

Hello everyone,

I just returned to CoH after a 10yr hiatus, woo! Anyways, I've got a few toons going but am currently levelling up a Rad/Melee Brute for teaming, general missions, and TFs; and focusing on AoE as much as possible. I'm currently lvl 34 and sitting on a bunch of Inf. (~70M or so). I am thinking of blowing part of that on getting the Attuned Obliteration set but am unsure as to where it would be best to slot it. At first I was thinking to put it into Burn, but I think I want to try and get the Burn recharge down as low as possible, so Obliteration is not the best fit there. Other choices would be Blazing Aura and Irradiated Ground, since they are always on, or I could put it into Atom Smasher which I am not using much at the moment but could start using it more.

I read up a lot on IO sets and how they work, but now am unsure as to which IOs would be best where for my build. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, please let me know if Obliteration isn't the first set I should be looking at, I can always buy something else.

Thank you.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later

yeah 2nd this. I just made on "Burning Roids" hehe

Need to get a build worked up on him

Got some people to payback with some incarn leveling in AE

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:46 AM, Vindaloo said:

Rad/Melee Brute for teaming, general missions, and TFs; and focusing on AoE as much as possible.......BurnBlazing Aura and Irradiated Ground,

In the near future, this may become a "rate my X/Fire brute farm build" character so here is a few sources

Farm Fresh Builds

Low budget introductino to fire farming

Fire Farming 101: How to get started

Suggestions:

• Do not build a PVE/Farm build on the same character, +Fire defense is needed more than +Lethal/Smashing defense.
    • You can have up to 3 different builds
  • Procs for health, you only need Pancreas +Hitpoints/Endurance, you do not need Regenerative +regen, Miracle +Recovery, Numina's +Regen/Recovery, Preventative +Absorb at the same time.
  • You do not need Energy Master Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection
  • The cost of the power picks above, prevents you from slotting 4 enhancements for IO bonus  or 2 power picks that could be useful somewhere else; example is AoE in epic pool.
  • You do not need KB protection of any kind in a farm, in any other content yes.
  • You do not need a Kismet +Acc, Gladiators +Resist, or Unbreakable Guard +HP, Reactive Armor Scaling Rest. A farm build is capped and your accuracy/HP cover everything without IOs while you will get more than enough +Acc from the IOs themselves.
  • Avoid using Damage procs when starting the build, a Touch of death +Negitive Damage in your melee attack is less useful than a -resist in an AoE.
  • Thumbs Down 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 9/12/2021 at 6:46 AM, Vindaloo said:

Rad/Melee Brute for teaming, general missions, and TFs

4 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

>>>>Obviously didn't read<<<<

OP did not mention once he was looking for a farm build. Just because it is a rad/fire brute does not make it a farmer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Currently on fire.

Since it's the combo I'm currently leveling here's mine. 40% to S/L defenses, 85% to S/L resistances, 62% to E/N. I intend to use Barrier to give myself the last 5% to both S/L.

I have not finished leveling it to see if I should take Cardiac or not, but leveling has been very very endurance heavy, and on the Tanker Consume could not keep up with the demands, but I have made some modifications by adding Superior Conditioning that adds a bit more EPS while being another Performance Shifter proc slot. Also replaced Maneuvers for the near free Combat Jumping which saved EPS some more. So it may be that Musculature 33% that also adds more EPS will be enough. More leveling and testing will tell but Cardiac is the safe option for now.

The damage loss is not tremendous since Musculature 45% is more of a 15% damage increase which is a drop. With the endurance guzzling having much better endurance control seems to be the better option. Tbh it will be my first time taking Cardiac and I'm very damage oriented so I'm not yet sold on the idea.

Also because I hate long animations I did not take Devastating Blow and it's 2.9 seconds of being rooted. I just go around melting stuff with the triple DoT action and spamming Contaminated, Radioactive Smash, Contaminated, and then in the gap either squeeze in Burn or Radioactive Siphon. It's a pretty forgiving rotation even early on and on a Brute it doesn't feel bad. Devastating Blow would be more damage though.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(23), TchofLadG-%Dam(25)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(13), StdPrt-ResKB(29)
Level 2: Radioactive Smash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 4: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(33)
Level 6: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(21), Prv-Absorb%(21)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), HO:Golgi(43), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 12: Fusion -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RechRdx-I(34), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(31), TtnCtn-ResDam(31), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), ShlBrk-%Dam(47), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), Acc-I(48)
Level 20: Consume -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(36), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(36), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(36), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(37), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(37)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Burn -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(40), Arm-Dam%(42), Obl-Dmg(42)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(46), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A), RctRtc-ToHit(39), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(50), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(25)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Clr-RunSpd(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

3 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

OP did not mention once he was looking for a farm build. Just because it is a rad/fire brute does not make it a farmer.

look again

3 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

In the near future, this may become a "rate my X/Fire brute farm build" character so here is a few sources

tl;dr - perchance, perhaps, as it may be, can be, conceivable, could be, credible, feasible, it could be, might be

As in, if it was a weather forecast - "Bring an umbrella, just in case that it might rain"

And that it is Rad/Fire brute while the comment "I'm currently lvl 34 and sitting on a bunch of Inf." Means it is 90% possibility its not a PL for a farmer but an actual played character, doesn't mean the OP may build it out and realize its sub par at both PVE/AE trying to shoe horn in 2 styles of play on the same build, while 70m will buy 3 purples or 3-5 other sets.

tl;dr - I see the OP as trying to play for PVE content what is considered the numero uno #1 AT combo for farming and than the OP is like "Oh, it can do farms as well!" than struggle and get burned out by the time they reach 1 billion influence on a sub par build which was built half way for PVE; than specialize it for either PVE or AE.  Source : trust me bro, been there done that so here is some sage advise if they are looking at it.

Half/Half PVE/AE content

Second post down, hidden in a spoiler tag- This player Glacier Peak seemed to enjoy the Rad/Fire brute with S/L defense for PVE🤗 , reccomened it 6 months later in another thread .  Guy who made it....is kind of an asshole, I think his name started with Out_01 or something 🙄

• Thumbs Down 3

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You assume way too much. They never mentioned farming. You did. They even listed what it is for which only included doing non-farming. They said they had a bunch of influ at 70 mil. 70 mil is NOT a bunch of influ. For level 34? Sure, but overall is being a bit naïve in saying that. 70 mil is a casual day for someone who knows how to work the market.

Not sure what referencing Glacier Park has to really do in this context. Someone who hasn't posted in this thread liked your build. Yay you?

FYI, I have a lower level /fire Brute. If I ever go asking about build advice, it won't be because I need the most "leet /fire farmer." I know this might be difficult for someone with a quote about farming in their sig, but maybe just maybe I want something fun for non-farming and wanting to see how /fire handles non-farming content. I literally already know how /fire does farming.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

20 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

You assume way too much. They never mentioned farming. You did. They even listed what it is for which only included doing non-farming. They said they had a bunch of influ at 70 mil. 70 mil is NOT a bunch of influ. For level 34? Sure, but overall is being a bit naïve in saying that. 70 mil is a casual day for someone who knows how to work the market.

Compared this

2 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

70m will buy 3 purples or 3-5 other sets.

Exactly what I said, its not a pile of influence and what it may buy.  Having spent out all my stored purples from drops (maybe almost a hundred, plus the melee winter) now on 5 lvl 50 characters with no incarnates recently, I know how expensive stuff is cause I am already moving onto another character concept.  And looking at others to be cheap, have a rough idea how much a build may cost; not to mention turning some into attune builds.

Not sure what referencing Glacier Park has to really do in this context. Someone who hasn't posted in this thread liked your build. Yay you?

Me personally making myself looking like an ass, showing I help someone with a PVE build with S/L defense in a Rad/Fire brute and they liked it; which surprised even me.  Guess I am a bigger asshole, I aim to please.  Shit, got a global email awhile back, some guy thanking me cause I helped to hamer out his spines/fire and he said it was laughably faster than his.

FYI, I have a lower level /fire Brute. If I ever go asking about build advice, it won't be because I need the most "leet /fire farmer." I know this might be difficult for someone with a quote about farming in their sig, but maybe just maybe I want something fun for non-farming and wanting to see how /fire handles non-farming content. I literally already know how /fire does farming.

1. OP didn't give much to work with on a PVE build

2. The build is capable of doing multiple things, no reason to point out the fact.  Can even do a +0/4 to +1/8 farm or so, turn exp off and just farm for influence popping purples for defense in a fire farm.  Turn exp back on, build for PVE with fire/smashing defense.

@DreadShinobi

See above.  Nothing wrong with giving information, if the OP has any thoughts about making a farm brute the information was provided.  It is capable pf it, nothing wrong with having the information on hand.

Edited by Outrider_01

Congrats on being helpful to people. Now try doing so to the OP.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, Outrider_01 said:

• Procs for health, you only need Pancreas +Hitpoints/Endurance, you do not need Regenerative +regen, Miracle +Recovery, Numina's +Regen/Recovery, Preventative +Absorb at the same time.

!Oh my Pancreas!

Panacea...so the newbie won't be looking through the Auction House...under "organs". 😁

• Haha 3

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Wow, after 3 weeks of no replies, this thread is finally seeing some life. Currently the character is lvl 44 and I have 650M influence, and most of my powers are fully slotted with Attuned IOs (spent about 150M kitting him out, yeesh). As you can see, I've been mostly playing the market or playing other toons. I appreciate all the responses, lots of good stuff in there. I did mention that this toon was for PVE content, not farming. There's so much information for farming available out there that it becomes very hard to make a Fire Brute for the general PVE aspect of the game rather than farming, and in fact some people seem to think that unless you ARE farming the Fire Brute is a subpar AT better suited to sitting on a dusty shelf. Well personally I am not that interested in farming, I would rather be doing TFs and going for Incarnate content. So any advice that can help me be better for that would be appreciated.

My current build:

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Pyromane: Level 49 Mutation Brute
Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- Acc(A), Dmg(3), EndRdx(3), RechRdx(7)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- PrfZng-Dam%(A), Erd-%Dam(7), Erd-Dmg(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(11), EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Radioactive Smash -- Acc(A), Dmg(13), EndRdx(15), RechRdx(17)
Level 6: Fusion -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(17), AdjTrg-Rchg(19), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Healing Flames -- Mrc-Heal/Rchg(A), Mrc-Heal(21), RechRdx(21)
Level 10: Boxing -- Acc(A)
Level 12: Super Jump -- Jump(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-EndRdx(25), Empty(45)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- ShlBrk-DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(27), AchHee-ResDeb%(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(29), Erd-%Dam(31)
Level 20: Tough -- EndRdx(A), EndRdx(31)
Level 22: Weave -- Krm-ResKB(A), Krm-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Consume -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(34), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 26: Acrobatics -- EndRdx(A)
Level 28: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(39), RechRdx(39)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), Mlt-Acc/Dmg(40), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(42), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(42)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: Temperature Protection -- ResDam(A)
Level 41: Char -- Acc(A)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- Acc(A)
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(42), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43), EndMod(43)
Level 12: Double Jump
------------

Pyromane - Brute (Radiation Melee).mxd

Edited by Vindaloo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Capping your Smashing/Lethal resistances and getting as close to the 45% Defence softcap as possible (mainly looking at Melee Defence) is the usual method to improve your survivability in PvE. Recharge is fairly important for getting power recharges back ASAP (including Healing Flames) but it's not usually worth pursuing "above all else".

Your resistance to Defence Debuffs is going to be extremely low (likely non-existent) so you'll suffer a bit from the 'snowball effect' - if an enemy group has an attack that debuffs your Defence then as soon as one of those foes get a lucky hit in against you, the others will become very likely to hit too; which will make matters worse and your defence will very quickly be floored. The Ageless Radial Epiphany Incarnate can help a bit there, but it's often more straightforward to just stick to Barrier and overcap it.

Acrobatics isn't a bad means of gaining Knockback protection, but getting Mag 8+ via IOs is nearly always "good enough" for PVE content 

The other thing to look for is Hit Rate: Open Mids, click on OPTIONS and then CONFIGURATION. Now go to the "Exemping and Base Values" tab. Find the box labeled "Base ToHit" and change its contents to "48". Doing that will set your powers' accuracy calculations in Mids so that it shows what chance each one of them has to hit enemies that are +3 to you (which is realistically the maximum you'll be fighting against most of the time in higher end PVE teams). You'll want to get each power as close to the 95% accuracy figure as possible, which is the effective "cap".

Your power selection looks pretty decent, with the exception of Temperature Protection. Personally I'm a fan of having a Stealth ability in PVE (e.g. Superspeed + a Celerity:Stealth in Sprint) - it's handy to be able to avoid fighting the entire map occasionally. Also, having a Taunt that is autohit and ranged can sometimes help vs certain "tough" foes/ on TFs or AVs/GMs/etc. Here's one example build idea to aim for - it'll have a very similar playstyle, just with a bit more AoE capability and a lot more mitigation (it could farm, but it's much more of an all-rounder. Power pick order can be swapped around as desired):

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.9
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Level 50 Magic Brute
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), GldStr-%Dam(39)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(13), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(42)
Level 2: Proton Sweep -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(3), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(5), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(37), Pnc-Heal(37), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 6: Fusion -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-Rchg(15), RctRtc-Pcptn(46), GssSynFr--Build%(46)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(25)
Level 10: Blazing Aura -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(45)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(39)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(17), GldArm-ResDam(17)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- Acc-I(A), Arm-Dam%(19), Erd-%Dam(19), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42), AchHee-ResDeb%(42)
Level 20: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 24: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Acc/Rchg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Hct-Dam%(31), GldStr-%Dam(34)
Level 28: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(45)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 41: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 47: Consume -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(48), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(21)
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Warworks Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 14: Double Jump 
------------

Edited by Maelwys
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Maelwys said:

Capping your Smashing/Lethal resistances and getting as close to the 45% Defence softcap as possible (mainly looking at Melee Defence) is the usual method to improve your survivability in PvE. Recharge is fairly important for getting power recharges back ASAP (including Healing Flames) but it's not usually worth pursuing "above all else".

Your resistance to Defence Debuffs is going to be extremely low (likely non-existent) so you'll suffer a bit from the 'snowball effect' - if an enemy group has an attack that debuffs your Defence then as soon as one of those foes get a lucky hit in against you, the others will become very likely to hit too; which will make matters worse and your defence will very quickly be floored. The Ageless Radial Epiphany Incarnate can help a bit there, but it's often more straightforward to just stick to Barrier and overcap it.

Acrobatics isn't a bad means of gaining Knockback protection, but getting Mag 8+ via IOs is nearly always "good enough" for PVE content 

The other thing to look for is Hit Rate: Open Mids, click on OPTIONS and then CONFIGURATION. Now go to the "Exemping and Base Values" tab. Find the box labeled "Base ToHit" and change its contents to "48". Doing that will set your powers' accuracy calculations in Mids so that it shows what chance each one of them has to hit enemies that are +3 to you (which is realistically the maximum you'll be fighting against most of the time in higher end PVE teams). You'll want to get each power as close to the 95% accuracy figure as possible, which is the effective "cap".

Your power selection looks pretty decent, with the exception of Temperature Protection. Personally I'm a fan of having a Stealth ability in PVE (e.g. Superspeed + a Celerity:Stealth in Sprint) - it's handy to be able to avoid fighting the entire map occasionally. Also, having a Taunt that is autohit and ranged can sometimes help vs certain "tough" foes/ on TFs or AVs/GMs/etc. Here's one example build idea to aim for - it'll have a very similar playstyle, just with a bit more AoE capability and a lot more mitigation (it could farm, but it's much more of an all-rounder. Power pick order can be swapped around as desired):

This is excellent stuff, thank you. It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of Radiation Siphon however, I think the animation just looks kind of dumb. How often does the Chance for Build Up go off on Fusion?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Vindaloo said:

This is excellent stuff, thank you. It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a fan of Radiation Siphon however, I think the animation just looks kind of dumb. How often does the Chance for Build Up go off on Fusion?

No worries!

You could easily swap RS for Contaminated Strike if you prefer - or even pick up Cross Punch from the Fighting Pool and swap the "Brute's Fury" set into Proton Sweep instead. RS deals decent damage, but it's much more useful on a character that lacks other self-heals. A /FA Brute won't overly miss it.

Regarding Fusion: The Gaussian "Chance to Build up" Proc is rated at 1PPM (Proc Per Minute). All of the "Build Up" type powers (including Fusion) have a 90s base recharge with 1.32s "Arcanatime" animation time, so you can slot anything below 70.85% recharge into them and still hit the 90% activation chance cap for the Gaussian proc. With a +1 level 50 Rech IO and a +5 level 50 Rech/Tohit/EndRed IO that's 70.92% recharge, so it's *just* shy of the cap (it technically has a 89.9604% chance to activate, which is close enough to basically be a rounding error!) 😁
...so realistically, the Gaussian Proc will go off 9/10 times, with that exact slotting of Fusion.

Edited by Maelwys

• 1 month later
  • 3 months later

I don't have an answer for you, and you are asking someone who posted once here and hasn't been back this year.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.