"Hawkeye" trailer

The Disney+ Hawkeye trailer has dropped, and it is looking good.  I took a look at the cast list on imdb.com, and, no surprise, the tag scene from Black Widow will be fulfilled in this series.  I've also seen one classic Hawkeye villain named. My attention was really drawn to Brian d'Arcy James in the listings, though, as he does have a character name. I have learned this was deliberate. It makes me wonder who it is. If it is another villain, I have three guesses. If it is someone else, I have 1 guess.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I immediately thought of the first Die Hard. I'm waiting for the inevitable "I'm getting too old for this" bit. I'll be watching it!

I had the same vibe.  Not as dark and gritty, at least, not from the trailer.  Others have suggested a blend of Die Hard and Lethal Weapon (buddy adventure) and I can see this.  I'm guessing his time on The Bourne Legacy will be brought into comparison at some point.

If you're willing to look at the imdb actor list and do a little cross-comparison with Marvel wikis, you'll see there's at least one new player from the comics being introduced, one that doesn't wield a bow.  That character's backstory is so specific, that it is giving a lot of people cause to hope that the now-defunct Netflix series are about to tie in again into the MCU.

I do believe this is the third time there will be some sort of crazy offbeat play-within-a-play in the MCU.   The First Avenger had one, and Thor Ragnarok had one.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Techwright said:

If you're willing to look at the imdb actor list and do a little cross-comparison with Marvel wikis, you'll see there's at least one new player from the comics being introduced, one that doesn't wield a bow.  That character's backstory is so specific, that it is giving a lot of people cause to hope that the now-defunct Netflix series are about to tie in again into the MCU.

Interesting.  I think I figured out your reference here. IDK about hopes for a elaborate tie-in, but if there is a surprise cameo appearance - leading to a full return to the MCU in a later property - by said reference at some point then I'm totally into it. 

There was a lot to like in the Netflix shows, and a lot to dislike - but if I am reading you right this falls squarely on the side of "A LOT to Like."

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Glacier Peak said:

I immediately thought of the first Die Hard. I'm waiting for the inevitable "I'm getting too old for this" bit. I'll be watching it!

Ha, ha!  Yeah, definitely has a Die Hard feel to it.  Not really a huge Hawkeye fan, but it looks like it could be fun.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, DougGraves said:

Not the hawkeye I knew and loved.  I have no real interest in it.  But my daughter wants to see a female hawkeye.

Interestingly the Hawkeye from the MCU is basically the Ultimate Universe's Hawkeye with minor changes.  

While Kate Bishop is a Main Universe character that came about while the main Hawkeye was doing other things (Skrull War, Ronin, etc) 

• 1 month later