CapnFreedom

Overwhelming Force: KB to KD makes the following pets great:

Genin

Commando

Assault Bot

... i think thats it.

Genin's crane kick isnt bad, but there are 3 of them coming at ya all the time

Commando because so much knockback

Same with assault bot.  Few things sound great in this game but 10 or so enemies falling on their ass at the same time while burning to death is one of them

@kelika2, I think you may have gotten the IOs reversed. Overwhelming Force proc makes ALL attacks have a chance for knockdown. Sudden Acceleration proc transforms an already existing KB power to knockdown. Turning every tier 1 pet attack into a knockdown is phenomenal in practice. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

15 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:

@kelika2, I think you may have gotten the IOs reversed. Overwhelming Force proc makes ALL attacks have a chance for knockdown. Sudden Acceleration proc transforms an already existing KB power to knockdown. Turning every tier 1 pet attack into a knockdown is phenomenal in practice. 

It does both.  I think, but it does make knockback into knockdown.

Bonfire

Rise of the Phoenix

And the pets I listed.

10 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

It does both.  I think, but it does make knockback into knockdown.

Bonfire

Rise of the Phoenix

And the pets I listed.

Yup, it converts KB2KD (although not quite in the same way that Sudden Acceleration does, meaning it's a little less good at it in certain situations) AND it gives a flat 20% chance for a damaging power (that's important in some cases such as Singularity) to do knockdown. 

So for powers which produce multiple pets or otherwise do a lot of attacks its nice. 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, Carnifax said:

Yup, it converts KB2KD (although not quite in the same way that Sudden Acceleration does, meaning it's a little less good at it in certain situations) AND it gives a flat 20% chance for a damaging power (that's important in some cases such as Singularity) to do knockdown. 

So for powers which produce multiple pets or otherwise do a lot of attacks its nice. 

So Sudden Acc proc is better all around for KB powers period. While the Overpowering proc is just a proc chance in some attacks. 

I'm slow this morning...

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

So Sudden Acc proc is better all around for KB powers period. While the Overpowering proc is just a proc chance in some attacks. 

I'm slow this morning...

When chosing between the two I use the following thoughts...  

Overwhelming is general first choice.  It does 3 things vs Sudden Acc just doing 1.    Chance to knockdown every time the attack is used,  damage IO boost like a red io, and finally if the attack has an inherent knockback then it converts it to knockdown.

Does the attack do damage and need conversion then Overwhelming. overwhelming gives both.

If it's for t1 pets then Overwhelming, it gives every attack they have a chance to knockdown.  3 pets = 3x the chance for knock down.  It also will convert any knockback they have to knockdown.  

Sudden Acc I use for costs and if the attack doesn't do damage and if I don't need the % chance to knockdown on the attack and just want the conversion  Also if I've already used the Overwhelming in a different attack.

Overwhelming > Sudden Acc

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

When chosing between the two I use the following thoughts...  

Overwhelming is general first choice.  It does 3 things vs Sudden Acc just doing 1.    Chance to knockdown every time the attack is used,  damage IO boost like a red io, and finally if the attack has an inherent knockback then it converts it to knockdown.

Does the attack do damage and need conversion then Overwhelming. overwhelming gives both.

If it's for t1 pets then Overwhelming, it gives every attack they have a chance to knockdown.  3 pets = 3x the chance for knock down.  It also will convert any knockback they have to knockdown.  

Sudden Acc I use for costs and if the attack doesn't do damage and if I don't need the % chance to knockdown on the attack and just want the conversion  Also if I've already used the Overwhelming in a different attack.

Overwhelming > Sudden Acc

Ok I was backwards on it then. Thanks for the clarification. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.