acid blast.

I'd really like to make a villain who has an acid blast power. this would be a ranged attack set that has liquidy effects and the default color should be green with a smoky effect and some sizzle like sounds. The attacks would cause little damage initially but DOT, and they could include attacks like an acid cloud and acid rain at the higher levels. do you think this set is possible?

@The Mighty Paladin

As I said yes you could develop an "Acid Blast" set.  The catch is there's a whole realm of things that could see development but we have a small volunteer team doing all the lifting (heavy or other otherwise).  For now to scratch that itch I'd use the versatile costume creator to recolor the animations and look to see if a modder has or could make a sound file or 9 to replace the current ones with the sizzle and popping you are looking for.  My response isn't meant as a no but more as it's probably not right around the corner response.  And maybe as well work out what the 9 powers are you'd like to see in the set.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Plant manipulation has the "toxins" power, which adds toxic damage to all your attacks.  If you're rolling a defender or corruptor, you can take the poison set, which while needing love, fits the theme.  I'm all for more options, but in the short term, recoloring fire blast or water blast are probably your best options.  Heck, the -def of radiation blast could be explained as your acid deteriorating your enemy's defenses, or even beam rifle could be explained as some sort of "toxo-blaster" via the disintegration effect...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Plant manipulation has the "toxins" power, which adds toxic damage to all your attacks.  If you're rolling a defender or corruptor, you can take the poison set, which while needing love, fits the theme.  I'm all for more options, but in the short term, recoloring fire blast or water blast are probably your best options.  Heck, the -def of radiation blast could be explained as your acid deteriorating your enemy's defenses, or even beam rifle could be explained as some sort of "toxo-blaster" via the disintegration effect...

I used poison for this concept as well, on a petless mastermind. 

And yes it sucks.. I mean needs loving.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, biostem said:

I wonder how much of that was the "petless mastermind" part, though...

choked on my coffee reading that.

I do get bored.. 

Edited by plainguy

8 hours ago, The Mighty Paladin said:

I'd really like to make a villain who has an acid blast power. this would be a ranged attack set that has liquidy effects and the default color should be green with a smoky effect and some sizzle like sounds. The attacks would cause little damage initially but DOT, and they could include attacks like an acid cloud and acid rain at the higher levels. do you think this set is possible?

I would be cool if there was some kind of synergy with another archtype power that causes the the acid to explode!! Teamwork bonus powers.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

9 hours ago, The Mighty Paladin said:

of all these suggestions, I think recoloring the radiation is probably the simplest, I'll go with that.

On the costume page on art and media there a cool duo costume I seen related to poison or something.. will try to find it..

Found it.. 

I think this costume, even copied is a great flattery to the OP..

Strangely this page is not coming up now.. 

It is page 31.. 

Edited by plainguy

On 11/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, The Mighty Paladin said:

of all these suggestions, I think recoloring the radiation is probably the simplest, I'll go with that.

I made a Dark/Plant Blaster where I recolored all of the Dark Blast powers to green and black, treating the -ToHit effect as toxins in biological attacks messing with the target's coordination in order to get a coherent theme for the character, naming her Toksichniy Podlesok (Токсичный Подлесок, 'Toxic Undergrowth'). Same idea.

21 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I made a Dark/Plant Blaster where I recolored all of the Dark Blast powers to green and black, treating the -ToHit effect as toxins in biological attacks messing with the target's coordination in order to get a coherent theme for the character, naming her Toksichniy Podlesok (Токсичный Подлесок, 'Toxic Undergrowth'). Same idea.

I tried that the effects for plants were all spiky and ugly. I wanted something liquidy.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Paladin said:

I tried that the effects for plants were all spiky and ugly. I wanted something liquidy.

Well, yes, but the point was taking a primary powerset with a secondary effect you can tie into the secondary powerset and recoloring it to be visually coordinated, rather than just lamenting the lack of a primary powerset that does exactly what you want it to right out of the box.