Beta server auto-enhance system?

Jacktar

Hi, been rolling a few possible new alts for live over on the beta server.

I level to 50 and then use the “Auto-enhance Set IO’s” system.

I am wondering how good the selections that system makes are compared to a experienced build builder.

I am “okay” doing the pick powers part of a build and “fair” at number of slots for each but am really not experienced at all when it comes to set selection stuff.

Anybody any idea if I could just recreate those set picks on live and be okay for general play?

Not talking specifics here just a general feel if the beta system is somewhat transferable/viable to live alts?

5 hours ago, Jacktar said:

I am wondering how good the selections that system makes are compared to a experienced build builder.

Anybody any idea if I could just recreate those set picks on live and be okay for general play?

Based on my (admittedly limited) experience with the 'Auto-Enhance Set IO' results, I would say that unless Lady Luck just happened to smile brightly upon you in that moment, the build you get will not be optimal compared to what an experienced builder might construct. Whether or not the build will be okay for general play depends on your specific needs/desires for the character and whether or not a sub-optimal build would lessen your enjoyment of the game. Given how customizable the difficulty settings are, I don't think it's unreasonable to take an auto-enhanced build and tailor your difficulty settings such that you reach a happy medium of fun and challenging.

If you want to start learning how to make your own builds then it could also be a good starting point which you could then review with a tool like Mids or the City of Data site or the wiki enhancement sets page to find the most glaring weaknesses and replace a few sets that suit you better. And if all else fails, you can try auto-enhancing again for a new build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1