wiki error - salvage pages overcounting recipes in 'recipes used in' section

AboveTheChemist

I noticed on some of the invention salvage pages that the lists of recipes in which the salvage is used is counting each recipe multiple times. I've attached an example for Ruby salvage. The recipes that say 'for levels X - Y' are valid entries, while the rest are duplicates. I checked 5 or so different salvage pieces and saw the same thing for each one. I tried looking for a cause but didn't find anything definitive. It might be a dynamic page list issue in one or more of the templates, but that's not something I feel qualified to tinker with.

wiki_issue.thumb.png.a8bad3e32a0a2a16e08d80a0797b5e12.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo

• City Council

This seems to be a bug in DPL3 the replacement extension installed when the Wiki updated to 1.36.1 as the previous version didn't work on anything above 1.34.  No fix that I can see (I did update to the very latest version to confirm) So this will have to wait until someone on their side resolves it.

• Thanks 1

• City Council

Actually I wonder, @Aberrant I wonder if this is possibly somehow related to the same thing as the last time this happened

? I tried setting up a page like you did for that issue here https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/User:Michiyo/TestPage but it doesn't seem to be quiet as helpful.  Do you have any thoughts on if these 2 issues might be related?

Edited by Michiyo

Sorry for the late reply, haven't had much free time lately. It looks like the issue involves the ISalvage.dpl that the Salvage List template calls on in the Includepage parameter to pull data from the Salvage tables on each page. For instance, on Ruby Salvage, if you copy one of the SalvageList templates like SalvageListCommon onto the page:

{{#dpl: mode=userformat
|includepage={ISalvage}.dpl
|category=Invention Common Enhancements
|linksto={{PAGENAME}}
|distinct=strict
|namespace=
|allowcachedresults=true
|resultsheader=\n<h3>Common Enhancements</h3>
|suppresserrors=true
|secseparators=\n* [[%PAGE%]]&nbsp;
|titlematch=%:%
}}

If you then remove the .dpl suffix on the includepage parameter, you get this on the page:

Without .dpl ------------------------------------------  With .dpl
Salvage.thumb.jpg.cbba5afbbf59e7eb701b1856f2fc23da.jpg             Salvage2.thumb.jpg.dabfd692b720b8ab5f2f5e51df706900.jpg

You'll see that the Rubies line up exactly with the corresponding lines with additional text on the current page that are generated by ISalvage.dpl. This shows that this system, instead of only pulling the Ruby Salvage lines from the templates, is actually pulling ALL the salvage lines, which explains the increased number of lines.

Now why it's doing this or where the exact issue lies, I'm not entirely sure. Will keep having a look at it when I'm free but I'm learning as I go with all this stuff!

Edited by Aberrant
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 6 months later

I meant to follow up on this sooner, but this issue seems to be resolved. I have been watching with interest all the work that Kai Moon has been putting in on the wiki, and I think that one of the changes they made might have fixed this, but given that a lot of that work is above my level of wiki comprehension, I am not totally sure. At any rate, it appears to be back to normal, and is arguably better than before.

• Thumbs Up 1