A fundamental all corruptor 4-players team. May be able to handle anything.

Voltak

No inspirations , No temps, no deaths.
We really want to use this team make-up for our 4-man Aeon SF which is coming up soon.

One Force Field
One Sonic Resonance 
One Trick Arrow
One Kinetics 

Total time --  31 Minutes and 57 seconds 

Edited by Voltak
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Voltak changed the title to A fundamental all corruptor 4-players team. May be able to handle anything.
  • 2 weeks later

Yes indeed @bigfashizzelfor the vast majority of content pretty much any foursome of defender/corruptor teams could do it.  But Voltak is looking specifically at a combo for a Relentless version of the ASF and probably would like to do it as a successful Master run.  And that is another kettle of fish altogether.  And in all seriousness one of the biggest hurdles will be the lack of Tanker (or AT with both 90% resist and lots of health)  You're looking at potentially surviving some very big hits that get past even truly capped defenses (i.e. around 89%) just because that will happen.  And defender/corruptor builds with 75% resistance who can survive 5-digit damage is ... problematic.  

22 hours ago, bigfashizzel said:

It might be harder to think of a combination of 4 corruptors/defenders that CANT handle the content in this game.

Yep, maybe even a combination 3 or more. Corruptors are one of the most capable ATs individually. Combined, they are OP very quickly.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later

I'd definitely be looking at Trick Arrow.  Large array of debuffs and in particular for Flash Arrow and Acid Arrow.  The first because half the To Hit debuff is unresistable and the second for its ability to debuff the foes resistance to being debuffed.  

And I'd be looking at Darkness Affinity for Fade.  I mean who wouldn't want to add DDR to their defense.  But dang that's not a Corruptor set ☹.

Edited by Doomguide2005

On 12/16/2021 at 5:56 AM, FUBARczar said:

There are many good possible combinations for this.  If I could be picky I'd like to try one like this:

1) DP/Kinetics

2) Fire/TA

3) Elec/Elec

4) Psi/Dark

The problem with this is the lack of Def on the team. I assume the OP picked FF over Cold for related reasons because outside of adding Def, I would pick Cold over FF in practically every case.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

44 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

The problem with this is the lack of Def on the team. I assume the OP picked FF over Cold for related reasons because outside of adding Def, I would pick Cold over FF in practically every case.

You can't power boost cold shields so you get a lot more defense from FF.

12 hours ago, Pzn said:

You can't power boost cold shields so you get a lot more defense from FF.

*slaps self* excellent point.  I assume the boost lasts for the duration of the shields as long as cast during the power boost's effect.  That's a very good reason especially on a small(er) team to go Force Field over Cold.  Survival is the major hurdle to overcome not offense.  Pretty much any foursome would put out enough damage to defeat the foes.  

On 12/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Without_Pause said:

The dark is enough.  But I would be amenable to say swapping the TA, the OP likes TA a lot because it debuffs debuff resistance.  The OP and I have had a few conversations on this topic 

Fyi I was the Kin in the video.

You need an effective defense of 75% vs foes using the normal base to hit (and buffed for Relentless) correct.  How much To Hit debuff are you expecting to get out of Dark Miasma?  I'd be concerned about getting the debuffs stacked quick enough to avoid issues not that Dark can't develop that much debuff.  Especially against AVs, ambushes and extra adds from unintended aggro.  What would you replace the TA with?

Your choice of 4 certainly would have a lot of potential damage debuff in the group.

• 1 month later

If you were to add a 5th, I'd give some consideration to Elec Affinity since the team is obviously well coordinated and can say inside the faraday cage for the resistance and extra mez protection to stack with dispersion bubble/sonic disperson. Amped Up can help the FF really boost up the Def on those bubbles, plus you now have some healing, absorb layers, and extra end and tohit.

Hell honestly an 8 person group of corruptors each with a different secondary would be really good as well. They are just so versatile.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Amped Up can help the FF really boost up the Def on those bubbles, plus you now have some healing, absorb layers, and extra end and tohit.

Amped up doesn't increase defense buffs.  I assumed it did as well since it's +special but it doesn't boost them like power boost/clarion.  Same deal with adrenal booster.  Saw Captain Powerhouse posts explaining it but I can't find them

Edited by Pzn

45 minutes ago, Pzn said:

Amped up doesn't increase defense buffs.  I assumed it did as well since it's +special but it doesn't boost them like power boost/clarion.  Same deal with adrenal booster.  Saw Captain Powerhouse posts explaining it but I can't find them

Ah that is surprising, as I assumed it would boost them, but if it doesn't Amped Up is kinda meh. The rest of the set is still pretty good overall though.