Restore Power Boost's Knockback Buff

TheZag

Now that the vectored knock system is active and starting to get some use as detailed here, i would like to suggest restoring the full functionality of power boost and ancillary/patron versions of it.

Power boost improves a wide variety of effects and in its description knockback is one of the stats its improves.  This was a problem for many players as using the power would convert most knockdown into knockback.  The only way to 'fix' it at the time was to remove the buff to knockback since knockdown was just knockback of less than .7 magnitude.

But now its possible to have a power with knockdown that stays knockdown as its magnitude increases since knockdown and knockback have their own stats.  Power boost can increase knockback on powers where players want it and leave others knockdown alone.

Ive been working on a cold/power defender with maximum knockback in mind and made the mistake of only reading the description of power boost and not checking the detailed info until i was lvl 41 and about to take it from the ancillary pool.  I was disappointed that it no longer improved knockback so i did a patron arc to check out the patron pools and was suprised to see another power boost type ability but it also did not improve knockback.  He isnt quite 50 since i put him on the back burner after the power boost double whammy.

So im just suggesting to restore power boost to its original form now that the reason for its change is no longer required through programming limitations.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Only if it stays off in PvP.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why PB needs to boost knockback anyways. Knockback enhancements are already on their own schedule with an ED "cap" that's roughly twice as high as anything else for no reason at all. Knockback is so binary in this game that you're either going to fail to knock a target due to high amounts of KB protection and resistance, or you'll easily KB them regardless of how your powers are slotted. If you reeeeeeeeeeally wanna eke out some extra distance, SG base empowerment stations give 90 minutes of 60% knockback boost.

• Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

3 hours ago, macskull said:

either going to fail to knock a target due to high amounts of KB protection and resistance, or you'll easily KB them regardless of how your powers are slotted.

Well,  im trying to knock a war walker and they have 50 knock protection.  Its gonna take more then the average knock to put one on its butt.  Im going for succeeding to knock a target in spite of high amounts of KB protection. 

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Only if the KB to KD IO still negates it down to a KD instead of a KB.

an extra hard knockdown!

and if it could have a crack the ground effect, now we're cookin' (adding some visual value the KB2KD enhancement).

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

15 minutes ago, Troo said:

an extra hard knockdown!

and if it could have a crack the ground effect, now we're cookin' (adding some visual value the KB2KD enhancement).

Oh hell yes, I could get on board with that, lol

1 hour ago, Troo said:

an extra hard knockdown!

Essentially, you wanna Yamcha people.

yamcha-1099843-640x320.jpeg.27cb9a4d478818b37a385bf824769e7d.jpeg

Edited by Nerva
Fixed image so I'm not leeching
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Only if the KB to KD IO still negates it down to a KD instead of a KB.

I imagine when they get around to converting all the KB powers to the new format that the IO will convert from KB to KD without changing the magnitude very much.  And then increasing KD magnitude remains KD under the new system.

And im not sure if this was nerfed before powers could be different in pve and pvp so if it needs to remain knockbackless in pvp then thats for balance reasons.

Edited by TheZag
  • Like 1