Premade editable bases

I suggested this on Live a couple of times:

Remember those really HUGE bases we had to clear out Redside? I think most of them were Arachnos? My suggestion was to award the base as part of the prize for finishing an arc where the base was the final battleground. Please hear me out:

So we have three story arcs (I hope this isn't going to be insane to code), One at lvl 20, one at 30-35 and one at 50 (to give the 50s another thing to do). At the end of each one, there is a base that needs to be cleared of enemies. Once the arc is completed, the Team-lead at the end of the arc is awarded the base as part of the reward. The lvl 20 base would be smaller and less well-decorated, the 30-35 one would be middle of the road and the 50 one would be as grand as we can envision it.

BEST PART: You host a base-building contest for the end-reward bases! This way the Devs don't have to waste tons of time creating the bases, the players get involved, and you can even have tours before the arc goes live. There should also be a choice at the end of the first two arcs where the leader can refuse the base. That way they can play the arcs without being locked into the smaller base. There would be badges for all of this of course because some player love their bling.

After they win the base the owner can redecorate them however they like. If the coding isn't too harsh and the playerbase does well on the base design end, there might be choices of bases.

I know, Greycat.

You just want to be negative.
That's on you.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

let me be a bit more clear about what I want some of the maps already available in the mission architect made available as starting bases that we can then edit. That's it. there are a LOT of features in those maps that would take forever for a player to make on his own and some that would be absolutely impossible, but they're already there in the game. Please just let us have them. You wouldn't have to make anything new.

• 2 weeks later

I'm bringing back this thread, since I didn't know it existed. 

There are plenty of pre-made maps, building's, caves, sewers, etc that already exist in game.

Why couldn't we be given the option to choose one and then add in features?

Hell, I'd be happy to have a university or Midnighters club as my magic themed base of operations and then add in some storage and knick knacks and some posters of Recluse.

Say that it couldn't be extensively overhauled and give a limited menu of storage, aesthetics, etc to spruce the place to your tastes and BOOM instant base.

I'm in the same boat as others, I just don't have time to devote to something in the Base Construction forum (although I do constantly skulk in there for a hireable builder).

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

So this thread is basically asking for lairs from Champions Online. You get a set map with themed choices you can change that are preset for where they are located. Meh. Personally, I say just ask someone who enjoys making bases to help you with yours. I'm more than happy to put work into someone else's base for them as long as they can tell me specifically what they want. However, I still think this is a pretty good idea. I can be rather neurotic about working on my bases, I enjoy building them. A lot of people are not or don't. Don't really see a problem with this idea. How to keep current base options and pre-made base options from clashing in menus though, that is my question.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

So this thread is basically asking for lairs from Champions Online. You get a set map with themed choices you can change that are preset for where they are located. Meh. Personally, I say just ask someone who enjoys making bases to help you with yours. I'm more than happy to put work into someone else's base for them as long as they can tell me specifically what they want. However, I still think this is a pretty good idea. I can be rather neurotic about working on my bases, I enjoy building them. A lot of people are not or don't. Don't really see a problem with this idea. How to keep current base options and pre-made base options from clashing in menus though, that is my question.

Well thats largely why I necro'd this thread, I cannot (and others) get anyone to hire/help build a base. So faced with the possibility of having a pre-made light build base is much more desirable than a large room with storage containers strewn about.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Well thats largely why I necro'd this thread, I cannot (and others) get anyone to hire/help build a base. So faced with the possibility of having a pre-made light build base is much more desirable than a large room with storage containers strewn about.

I can get others to build. When I have the time and energy, I can build - somewhat.

But part of why I like this idea is just for those times I'd want a spark or starting point that I can take, get some inspiration and start to modify, on top of just the "I want a base layout that looks nice but I just don't have time / am having issues with the editor/etc."

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.