Mids issue (Regen per HP increase after Dull Pain/Earth's Embrace)

9 hours ago, Solarverse said:

So in Mids, the Regen meter does not move after activating Dull Pain/Earth's Embrace. Anyone know the formula that can be used to determine the new regeneration rate after using these abilities?

+HP has absolutely no relevance to regeneration rate.  Regeneration rate is the frequency at which the mechanic ticks, and DP/variants don't alter it.  Native regeneration rate is one tick every 12s, and +Regen reduces that 12s to a shorter interval.  Nor do you regenerate a greater percentage of HP if you use a +HP power, it's always 5% of your current maximum.  No power in the game alters that 5% figure.

If you hover over the Regeneration display in the Totals window, you'll note that the bottom line of the tooltip, "Health regenerated per second at level 50", will display a higher total when DP/variant is active, reflecting your increased maximum HP.  That's the only interaction between regeneration and +HP.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

+HP has absolutely no relevance to regeneration rate.  Regeneration rate is the frequency at which the mechanic ticks, and DP/variants don't alter it.  Native regeneration rate is one tick every 12s, and +Regen reduces that 12s to a shorter interval.  Nor do you regenerate a greater percentage of HP if you use a +HP power, it's always 5% of your current maximum.  No power in the game alters that 5% figure.

If you hover over the Regeneration display in the Totals window, you'll note that the bottom line of the tooltip, "Health regenerated per second at level 50", will display a higher total when DP/variant is active, reflecting your increased maximum HP.  That's the only interaction between regeneration and +HP.

Crap, you are right, I was looking at the wrong stat. I didn't right click on the regeneration bar in order to see the Hit Point per second numeral. I was simply looking at the percentage. What's worse, is that I fricken knew that, but for some reason it slipped my mind. God I must be getting old.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Did you get the new version from their Discord? The previous official one is majorly borked. So borked it killed auto updates anyway.

I do, v3.1.2.5 Issue 27 Page 3 DBVersion 2021.1214. Luminara helped me remember what I was doing wrong though.