While I'm in Paragon...

Generator

Hey there,

So I've got a rogue character on whom I'm starting to get more serious about badging.  I'm in the process of going around the figurative horn, doing tip missions, changing to each alignment, staying there for its requisite week.

Is there a list anywhere of badges that can only be acquired as a hero?  I ask because I clearly have two of them at the top of my "Closest to Completion" tracker (Task Force Commander, and the one for Day-Jobbing the Shadow Shard), and I figure I should get those all knocked out while I'm in the Hero/Vigilante side of the spectrum.

Thanks,

Generator

10 minutes ago, Generator said:

Is there a list anywhere of badges that can only be acquired as a hero?  I ask because I clearly have two of them at the top of my "Closest to Completion" tracker (Task Force Commander, and the one for Day-Jobbing the Shadow Shard), and I figure I should get those all knocked out while I'm in the Hero/Vigilante side of the spectrum.

The Homecoming wiki does not a clean list of hero vs villain badges. This exists, but there is a lot of overlap between the lists.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Badges

As for day jobs, there are four I see that are blue side specific, City Hall, Trains, Stores, and Shadow Shard.

For all of these badges, you can earn credit as a villain/rogue, but the badge will only award if you're a hero:

POWER ACCOLADES

(Note: If you have the villain equivalent listed in parentheses, you'll get the hero version without having to meet its normal requirements.)

Task Force Commander (Invader)

Received the Atlas Medallion (Marshal)

Portal Jockey (Born in Battle)

Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member (High Pain Threshold)

Archmage (Demonic)

Conspiracy Theorist (Headline Stealer)

Geas of the Kind Ones (Force of Nature)

Vanguard (Megalomaniac)

DAY JOBS

City Official (City Hall)

Commuter (train stations)

Dimensional Explorer (Shadow Shard)

Intern (Portal Corp)

Law Enforcer (police stations)

Shop Keeper (stores)

And accolades requiring one of the above:

Entrepreneur (Shop Keeper + Day Trader)

Police Chief (City Official + Law Enforcer)

Scientist (Professor + Intern)

Security Chief (Law Enforcer + Banker)

Traveler (Commuter + Dimensional Explorer)

LEVELING GLADIATORS

Assuming you're at least level 30, you'll get all of these as soon as you switch.

Nebula Elite Buckshot (level 10)

Button Man Gunner (level 20)

Fire Thorn Caster (level 30)

ARCHITECT

Heroic (complete a mission of heroic alignment)

EXPLORATION

Multidimensional (Hydra Dimension missions)

DEFEATS

Isolator (100 Contaminated; the only way to work on this as a villain/rogue is to pop the one in the RV train station 100 times. I... wouldn't do it that way if I had another choice)

There's also some that can only be done/are much easier to do as a hero/vigilante. I'll throw that list together in a little bit.

Edited by Placta
  • Thanks 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

39 minutes ago, Placta said:

Isolator (100 Contaminated; the only way to work on this as a villain/rogue is to pop the one in the RV train station 100 times. I... wouldn't do it that way if I had another choice)

There's also some that can only be done/are much easier to do as a hero/vigilante. I'll throw that list together in a little bit.

Thanks so much!  Take your time on the second list, I've got a full-enough dance card.  🙂

So if I change over to Hero, and do The Pilgrim's arc in Flashback, it'll send me to the Villain version instead of the Hero one?

Thanks again,

Generator

34 minutes ago, Generator said:

Thanks so much!  Take your time on the second list, I've got a full-enough dance card.  🙂

So if I change over to Hero, and do The Pilgrim's arc in Flashback, it'll send me to the Villain version instead of the Hero one?

Thanks again,

Generator

As a hero/vigilante, you'll get the Outbreak version and can do Isolator that way. (It occurs to me that a rogue could maybe join a hero/vigilante running the mission and rack up credit for Isolator so they get the badge when they switch. I'm not sure.) But Contaminated only spawn in Outbreak (starting heroes only), that one mission (usually only accessible to heroes/vigilantes), and RV (the dev troll option).

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Badge missions/arcs. Some of these you might be able to join others doing, but it's easier if you can do it yourself.

Pt 1 (Lvls 1-29)

Spoiler

254902979_BadgeMissions1.thumb.png.2fa353d3a08ac3f0522365ba8b60b599.png

Errata: Reason to Fight is 21.04.

Pt 2 (lvls 30-50)

Spoiler

1142239234_BadgeMissions2.thumb.png.8d9e9379dd9689057d117581ef936dad.png

Dimensional Warder: Dominatrix and Infernal can only be fought in missions from Maria Jenkins. The A Hero's Hero and A Hero's Epic arcs required for other badges contain both.

You can only enter RV from your home side, so to fight the Arachnos AVs there you'll have to go hero/vigilante:

Arachnophobic (Recluse)
Poltergeist (Ghost Widow)
Sandblasted (Scirocco)
Shark Hunter (Mako)
Wrangler (Black Scorpion)
Justiciar (all five)

These badges related to the alignement system require you to become, or be, a hero or vigilante. They should be obvious, but I'm listing them here for completeness:

Heard the Call - Maintain hero alignment for 7 days
Fearsome - Maintain vigilante alignment for 7 days
Streetwise - Complete vigilante alignment mission
Above the Law - Complete vigilante morality mission (can also get by switching to Vigilante via Null)
Ascended - Switch from red (villain/rogue) to blue (hero/vigilante)
Descended - Switch from blue to red
Come Full Circle - Get both Ascended and Descended

Edited by Placta
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Generator said:

Hey there,

So I've got a rogue character on whom I'm starting to get more serious about badging.  I'm in the process of going around the figurative horn, doing tip missions, changing to each alignment, staying there for its requisite week.

Thanks,

Generator

go to echo zones from Oro to get the zone badges.  Should be about 9 per zone at the least.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

For a list of Hero only badges - consider this site: 
https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming

On this site, there are options to seek (and check off as completed if you wish) badges by alignment, accomplishment, Achievement, Accolades, History, Exploration, etc. 

You can track one character, or as many as you like. Well, at least 12. That's how many I was tracking at one time. I've have since come to my senses and took 7 off the list. 

image.thumb.png.7424a1267cc656d29378ebbf2d60589d.png

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, Ukase said:

For a list of Hero only badges - consider this site: 
https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming

On this site, there are options to seek (and check off as completed if you wish) badges by alignment, accomplishment, Achievement, Accolades, History, Exploration, etc. 

You can track one character, or as many as you like. Well, at least 12. That's how many I was tracking at one time. I've have since come to my senses and took 7 off the list. 

image.thumb.png.7424a1267cc656d29378ebbf2d60589d.png

Hey that's what I've been using for the past few years. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png