Feral charge proc calculation

Darkir

12 minutes ago, Darkir said:

what is the radius of the AoE on feral charge? 8 ft? 15 ft? I'm trying to figure out the proc calculation. Also, how much damage does it do? Is it better to put another 3.5 ppm proc into it or a +5 damage io?

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=dominator_assault_aux.savage_assault.feral_charge_hit&at=dominator

20 foot radius, 5 targets can be hit.

10 second recharge, 0 second cast time.

The damage is variable and it's based on the distance. At minimum, it's a 0.845 scale damage with up to 4 ticks of 0.068 scale damage (80% chance, cancel on miss).

This damage will increase if the distance to the target was more than 25 feet away. It scales linearly for distances between 25 and 65 feet away, and does up to double the damage at 65 feet or more.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

22 minutes ago, Bopper said:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=dominator_assault_aux.savage_assault.feral_charge_hit&at=dominator

20 foot radius, 5 targets can be hit.

10 second recharge, 0 second cast time.

The damage is variable and it's based on the distance. At minimum, it's a 0.845 scale damage with up to 4 ticks of 0.068 scale damage (80% chance, cancel on miss).

This damage will increase if the distance to the target was more than 25 feet away. It scales linearly for distances between 25 and 65 feet away, and does up to double the damage at 65 feet or more.

Hmmmmmmm so with the 0 second cast time and the 20 foot radius its really really bad for procs then....

13 minutes ago, Darkir said:

Hmmmmmmm so with the 0 second cast time and the 20 foot radius its really really bad for procs then....

Well, that I don't know off hand. One of the things going for it is the fact it requires a Teleport to the targetted foe. It's possible that action would allow you to proc on a single target, thus no radius for proc formulas and it would potentially allow you to get procs to fire twice on the target. That, in my opinion, would be a bug and could be fixed easily. But for now, it might work that way. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Well, that I don't know off hand. One of the things going for it is the fact it requires a Teleport to the targetted foe. It's possible that action would allow you to proc on a single target, thus no radius for proc formulas and it would potentially allow you to get procs to fire twice on the target. That, in my opinion, would be a bug and could be fixed easily. But for now, it might work that way. 

So what you are saying is that I need to test it on the on beta server.....luckily I'm already here messing with things. 😉

5 minutes ago, Darkir said:

So what you are saying is that I need to test it on the on beta server.....luckily I'm already here messing with things. 😉

Ditto, I saw you when I logged in.

Ok, so quick test seems to show the following:

The main target will not proc twice. Since it's an execute power effect, there seems to be code/logic that knows not to repeat proc rolls on a target that's already been checked. However, the main target will use ST formulas while the "splash" targets will use AoE formulas.

The main target will use a ST formula with 10s base recharge and 1.167s cast time. Assuming no slotted recharge, the main target will have a 65.14% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 83.75% chance to proc.

The targets hit by the AoE will use a AoE formula with 10s base recharge, 0s cast time, and 20 foot radius. Assuming no slotted recharge, the "splash" targets will have a 17.95% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 23.08% chance.

The Force Feedback proc will have a 18.6% chance to proc on the main target and 6.5% chance to proc on each of the "splash" targets. If you want to know your chance to proc, it would be:

1 - (1 - 0.186)*(1 - 0.065)^(n-1),

where n is the number of targets hit. For 5 targets (the max), it would be 37.8%

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bopper said:

Ok, so quick test seems to show the following:

The main target will not proc twice. Since it's an execute power effect, there seems to be code/logic that knows not to repeat proc rolls on a target that's already been checked. However, the main target will use ST formulas while the "splash" targets will use AoE formulas.

The main target will use a ST formula with 10s base recharge and 1.167s cast time. Assuming no slotted recharge, the main target will have a 65.14% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 83.75% chance to proc.

The targets hit by the AoE will use a AoE formula with 10s base recharge, 0s cast time, and 20 foot radius. Assuming no slotted recharge, the "splash" targets will have a 17.95% chance with a 3.5 ppm proc, and the hecatomb will have a 23.08% chance.

The Force Feedback proc will have a 18.6% chance to proc on the main target and 6.5% chance to proc on each of the "splash" targets. If you want to know your chance to proc, it would be:

1 - (1 - 0.186)*(1 - 0.065)^(n-1),

where n is the number of targets hit. For 5 targets (the max), it would be 37.8%

Thanks for the check/verification.  All I know is that on my dark/savage dom, when I alternate Feral Charge and Call Hawk with FF +rchrg procs, it "feels" like the proc is up 50%+ of the time, which is great for keeping permadom.  Fun times.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Agent of Shadows: Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Savage Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Call Swarm -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(7), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(9), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(11)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Possess -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(17), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(21), CrcPrs-Conf%(21)
Level 8: Fearsome Stare -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(23), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(23), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CldSns-%Dam(27)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 12: Heart of Darkness -- AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(29), CldSns-%Dam(29), Obl-%Dam(31), Erd-%Dam(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(31)
Level 14: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(33)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(36)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg(36), Obl-%Dam(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(37), Erd-%Dam(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(39), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(40), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(40)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), GldJvl-Dam%(43), CldSns-%Dam(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 38: Feral Charge -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46), GldStr-%Dam(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 41: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 14: Speed Phase
------------

I just went back on my dark/savage, testing with something.  Just realized while hitting -8 bosses, they fly back with Vicious slash.  Feral teleports and hits them.  I just realized that Vicious needs at least a +3 KB, followed by Feral you actually get an animalistic feel when you are lunging at the bad guy. 

Savage Melee on other AT needs to have Hemmorage replaced with something like Feral Charge without the AoE. Attack chain would look something like; single target with Viscous to knock them back while building +2 Frenzy, Feral Charge port, Does bonus damage front loaded based on Frenzy stacks; no DoT damage.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer