World Of Confusion

jordanlc93

The only good thing about World of Confusion is it is very visually pleasing. I only see people using it as an addition to their costume design.

Aside from that... it's a waste of endurance. I would definitely agree that this power could use an improvement. The confuse is almost nonexistant and the damage is on par with brawl.

I don't think Arctic Air is a good comparison as it also gives stealth and movement debuffs. Maybe make World of Confusion a pseudopet so that we can slot damage procs in it like Irradiated Ground? 

I do use it if I get blinded.  That and dropping a TFV Smoke Bomb. Evens things out a bit if you haven't got the insp for it.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Its a tier 3 blaster secondary,  a level 4 power.  How good is it really supposed to be?  Its said to suck because 'i got it at lvl 45 in an epic pool'.  Those powers are copies from where they are taken,  they arent buffed because other ATs dont get access to them until late levels.  It has a chance to confuse minions in melee range long enough to redirect 1 attack.  If you want more then that you will need to consider some heavy slotting.  Or go with a mind, ice, or plant dominator.  Mind and plant have good AoE confuse that can be supplemented by world of confusion.  Ice has a toggle confuse so you can run 2 toggle confuses.  Grab cognitive core interface for even more confuse. 

Im just not seeing the need to buff a lvl 4 AoE confuse toggle. 

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

Its a tier 3 blaster secondary,  a level 4 power.  How good is it really supposed to be? 

Charged Brawl + Build Up

Energy Punch + Build Up

Those are two of the best DPA combos in the game and available by lvl 4. Not to mention Glue Arrow and all the ST hold nukes.

I think it would just be nice for World of Confusion to have a higher potential with heavy slotting like other lvl 4 powers have. Even with contagious confusion, it doesn’t do much. 

i guess if world of confusion is made into a click ability and there is another click ability to buff it then we can have a comparison.

but for some numbers we have on dominators and controllers with the full coercive persuasion set and cognitive core interface - mag 1 (2.1 sec),  mag 2 (3.1 sec), mag 2 (4.3 sec), mag 3 (25 sec)

best case scenario for all to hit the same target,  sure its rare but this is from a single power

a chance for 2.1 seconds of 8 mag confuse,  this will confuse bosses and possibly elite bosses (sorry i dont have EB resists readily available)

chance for 7 mag confuse for 3.1 seconds,  will also confuse bosses

chance of 5 mag confuse for 4.3 seconds,  will confuse lieutenants

chance of 3 mag confuse for 25 seconds,  will confuse lieutenants

for other ATs the numbers are the same but without the chance for 2.1 seconds of 8 mag confuse.  i dont see how they could buff this powers confuse chance or range or duration without making it horribly overpowered.  the strong portions of the confuse are very short duration but we cant expect to click a toggle and keep the entire spawn perma confused.  

On 1/13/2022 at 4:10 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

Also in regards to experience, the amount of exp awarded by enemies who are hurt by confused enemies is proportional to how much damage they took from confused enemies.  If a confused foe deals 100% of the damage, no exp is awarded.  If it's split 50% you directly and 50% confused, you'll get about 50% for the target.  This is also working as intended.

Just to be thorough, it's actually 25% contribution by confused frenemies.

When the game calculates how much every party helped to determine xp shares, Confused targets have their numbers cut to a quarter.

4 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

This seems to be more of a suggestion thread than a bug report, so, moved to Suggestions.

Personal Opinion time: I agree this power is awful. However, if it were better in any meaningful way (duration, magnitude, etc), it would probably be overpowered. But I'll leave that up to the Devs to figure out 😃

It needs the radius increased.  It only has an 8 foot radius.  That would make it more useful without making it OP

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=epic.psionic_mastery.world_of_confusion&at=defender

6 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

It needs the radius increased.  It only has an 8 foot radius.  That would make it more useful without making it OP

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=epic.psionic_mastery.world_of_confusion&at=defender

I did say in my previous post that boosting range would make it OP,  but i think a slight boost in range with the appropriate increase in endurance cost could work.  The power currently covers about 50 sq feet with an end cost of .16/sec for a per foot cost of .0032 end per second per square foot.  If the radius were increased to 12 feet,  the coverage would increase to about 113 sq feet.  An increase in end cost to .36/sec would maintain the original ratio of end per sq foot and be similar in cost to many other toggles.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:11 PM, GM Impervium said:

This seems to be more of a suggestion thread than a bug report, so, moved to Suggestions.

Personal Opinion time: I agree this power is awful. However, if it were better in any meaningful way (duration, magnitude, etc), it would probably be overpowered. But I'll leave that up to the Devs to figure out 😃

I just hate to see that Aura of Confusion (Widow) is such a great power. I mean great.... Yet the Controller (CONTROLLER) falls short with World Of Confusion lol... It is what it is. 

31 minutes ago, jordanlc93 said:

I just hate to see that Aura of Confusion (Widow) is such a great power. I mean great.... Yet the Controller (CONTROLLER) falls short with World Of Confusion lol... It is what it is. 

It’s a controller APP vs a widow secondary power. APP/PPP is always inherently less powerful than primary/secondary by design. Outside of proc rates that is. So what you describe here is *supposed* to be the case across the board.

47 minutes ago, Crasical said:

Would the power be better if the damage component was removed and the control potency was increased? I'm looking over at Oppressive Gloom, another mag 2 control toggle from an epic pool.

It wouldnt take much to turn it into a perma mass confuse toggle.  With some heavy slotting investment there is already a chance to stick a confuse on bosses.

Oppressive gloom is decent in my experience.  I have it on my MM and it stuns the minions reliably.  The health cost is more than offset by heal procs.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TheZag said:

It wouldnt take much to turn it into a perma mass confuse toggle.  With some heavy slotting investment there is already a chance to stick a confuse on bosses.

Oppressive gloom is decent in my experience.  I have it on my MM and it stuns the minions reliably.  The health cost is more than offset by heal procs.

Comparing the two:

Oppressive gloom has 4 feet more radius (12ft as opposed to 8ft), about 1/10th the endurance cost, and ticks twice as often as World of Confusion. It lasts 9 seconds per stun (Compared to WoC's 2 seconds), and doesn't have the reduced chance to effect enemies that WoC does. It doesn't stack with itself, though, so it can't stun anything but minions.

Stun is (in whatever balancing formula exists in CoX powers) less 'expensive' than Confuse, but I wonder if there's a version of the power that could exist that's closer to OG than the current incarnation that's better than what we have without being overpowering.

Increase the confuse duration to 4 or 5 seconds, remove the reduced chance tohit, make it so it doesn't stack with itself, remove its ability to do damage, and leave it with the inferior radius, endurance cost, and tick speed compared to OG, maybe?

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

Problem being that confuse stacks. I don't know if WoC itself can be made specifically to not stack, I'm not a dev. Only they can answer that. (If Stun also stacks but Oppressive Gloom ignores that, then I would guess WoC could be configured the same way. I don't typically use Stuns, so I don't know their mechanics.) Though I do like your suggestion.

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Problem being that confuse stacks. I don't know if WoC itself can be made specifically to not stack, I'm not a dev. Only they can answer that. (If Stun also stacks but Oppressive Gloom ignores that, then I would guess WoC could be configured the same way. I don't typically use Stuns, so I don't know their mechanics.) Though I do like your suggestion.

All mezzes that I'm aware of will ordinarily let you stack magnitude until the target is affected, but there is indeed a power flag that can be applied to tell a power to not stack with itself, which Oppressive Gloom uses.

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...