World Of Confusion

jordanlc93

Nyah, it's a good power for confusing a group of enemies, you  will not receive experience, but you can slip away or the group snaps out of it and beats you down.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

18 minutes ago, starro said:

you  will not receive experience

"You will not receive experience" for any enemies that confused enemies defeat.

You receive experience for any enemies that your team arrests even if they are confused.

Confuse is a good way to whittle down enemy's health to make them easier to arrest.

Get to 50 and slot a contagious confuse in it and "let the mayhem begin!"

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, jordanlc93 said:

I don't really think I need to explain much here. This power needs to be looked at. 

?

There is no point to a thread if you can't even bring up what your point of discussion is.

33 minutes ago, jordanlc93 said:

Am I the only one to feel this way? 

What way?

No one has any idea of knowing and you "don't really think I need to explain much here."

• Like 4

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

?

There is no point to a thread if you can't even bring up what your point of discussion is.

What way?

No one has any idea of knowing and you "don't really think I need to explain much here."

Have you ever used the power? The mobs are confused for A GENEROUS millisecond. Even when the purple bubbles pop up on their face, they still hit me..  This is offered to my controller at level 41+ .... a power chosen at that level should not perform in the manner it does IMO.

Ah ok,  you arent referring to a bug,  just that you feel the power sucks.  What power set gets this power normally?  That may show how much performance the power is supposed to have.

Ill admit ive been underwhelmed with its performance but ive never given it enough slots or the contagious confuse proc.  My main issue with it as an ancillary pool pick is i usually dont need a damage/confuse toggle on my ranged characters.  I assume with some proper slotting on a character that gets into the action that it performs well. 

1 hour ago, jordanlc93 said:

Have you ever used the power? The mobs are confused for A GENEROUS millisecond. Even when the purple bubbles pop up on their face, they still hit me..  This is offered to my controller at level 41+ .... a power chosen at that level should not perform in the manner it does IMO.

Yeah... that is not what I thought you were upset about. At least now I do. I thought you were upset that the group confused mobs attacking each other awards less xp and inf' than if you attacked them without the confuse, even to 0 xp and inf' if the confused group ganks one of their own before you actually hurt it. It's why I avoid group confuse powers, or confuse powers in general, is because I've gotten tired of getting half xp/inf' or less for the mobs doing way better damage to each other than my controller can to the group.

18 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Yeah... that is not what I thought you were upset about. At least now I do. I thought you were upset that the group confused mobs attacking each other awards less xp and inf' than if you attacked them without the confuse, even to 0 xp and inf' if the confused group ganks one of their own before you actually hurt it. It's why I avoid group confuse powers, or confuse powers in general, is because I've gotten tired of getting half xp/inf' or less for the mobs doing way better damage to each other than my controller can to the group.

This is a bad reason, though. Confuse powers INCREASE your XP/Time as long as you do a fair chunk of damage to the mobs.

26 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

This is a bad reason, though. Confuse powers INCREASE your XP/Time as long as you do a fair chunk of damage to the mobs.

That would be the crux of the problem though. I never seemed to do any real damage. Maybe 10% of their health tops before the group finished killing them. I admit I am terrible at controllers, but there you go. I don't use confuse past the starting levels because it never works out for me. And as soon as I can respec out of the confuse because I'll have a mass hold or stun at that level when I exemplar down, I do.

There's no bug.  World of Confusion isn't meant to confuse foes for extended periods of time, it's meant to confuse them just long enough that their next attack possibly doesn't target you.  It's also low magnitude that it only applies to minions without an extra source of confuse.  This power is working as intended.

See also: Arctic Air in Ice Control which has pretty much the same confusion effect.

Also in regards to experience, the amount of exp awarded by enemies who are hurt by confused enemies is proportional to how much damage they took from confused enemies.  If a confused foe deals 100% of the damage, no exp is awarded.  If it's split 50% you directly and 50% confused, you'll get about 50% for the target.  This is also working as intended.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

4 hours ago, jordanlc93 said:

Have you ever used the power?

Yes. Before the Sunset and here on Homecoming.

On multiple characters.

4 hours ago, jordanlc93 said:

The mobs are confused for A GENEROUS millisecond.

They seemed to be confused far more than a millisecond, but maybe I'm a speedster and time seems to go by much slower to me.

If you don't think the confuse duration is long enough put a confuse enhancement or two in it.

I have never had a problem with it.

Seems to work fine to me.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thanks 1

World of Confusion is probably the most useless power in this entire game. Look at the CoD entry, I dare you. But:

Not a bug. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, arcane said:

It really doesn’t need to be re-examined in a sense though. Yes, it’s weak, but there’s no way in hell you’re getting a much more effective AoE confuse from an ancillary pool unless the endurance cost skyrockets to compensate.

Make it confuse friends and foes. Now it's a party. World of Confusion? You betcha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, arcane said:

This post is in bug reports so someone is certainly alleging a bug although there is none.

Except the OP was for World of Confusion being a bad power. (Which is not a bug and the post should not have been here.) The bit about xp was a tangent from me about why I don't take confuse powers. That does not make the post or my comment a flag that confuse powers reducing xp based on damage from confused enemies is a bug. It was a tangent that came up as part of the discussion and is already known by those that commented on it, including me when I first made the tangential comment, as a known and properly working game mechanic. The problem with the OP was that it gave no information as to what was wrong. So I entered the discussion after the reason for the post was finally disclosed to point out how confusing it was. Which led into the reduced xp tangent, which again, is already known to be working as intended. (It does not stop me from thinking confuse powers are a waste of time if you are trying to level, but that is an opinion and not relevant to the OP. So let's not go down that tangent again....)

• Lead Game Master

This seems to be more of a suggestion thread than a bug report, so, moved to Suggestions.

Personal Opinion time: I agree this power is awful. However, if it were better in any meaningful way (duration, magnitude, etc), it would probably be overpowered. But I'll leave that up to the Devs to figure out 😃

• Thanks 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!