Macros for Inspirations?

Mashugana

My replacement bind set, and others, use more complex binds to fire Insps across each range of names and potency. That gets around the need to sort them in the tray and eliminates dependency on having specific name/levels.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, On-Fire Dude said:

Don't the "F1-F5" keys already do this?

They do for inspiration columns.

There are binds which can select and use or combine insps, though. Check some of the farming guides - I know somewhere the "low budgeet intro to fire farming" goes into some that auto-combine 3 of whatever and down reds, if it can.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Here are some macros I occasionally use.

This one combines small inspirations to damage inspirations and consumes one if available:

/macro R1 "inspcombine insight Enrage$$inspcombine sturdy Enrage$$inspcombine luck Enrage$$inspcombine respite Enrage$$inspcombine catch_a_breath Enrage$$inspexecname Enrage$$inspexecname Keen"

This one does the same for medium reds:

/macro R2 "inspcombine keen_insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine take_a_breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine rugged Focused_Rage$$inspcombine good_luck Focused_Rage$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement Focused_Rage$$inspexecname Focused_Rage"

Same for small and medium defense inspirations:

/macro D1 "inspcombine insight Luck$$inspcombine sturdy Luck$$inspcombine respite Luck$$inspcombine catch_a_breath Luck$$inspcombine rage luck$$inspexecname Luck"

/macro D2 "inspcombine keen_insight Good_Luck$$inspcombine take_a_breather Good_Luck$$inspcombine rugged Good_Luck$$inspcombine Focused_Rage Good_Luck$$inspcombine dramatic_improvement Good_Luck$$inspexecname Good_Luck"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mashugana said:

Are there any macros that make gobbling Inspirations easier? Maybe bind all ACC to a key or something. Thanks for any advice

I use

/macro Heal "inspexec_name respite$$inspexec_name dramatic_improvement$$inspexec_name resurgence"

a friend suggested

/marco heal  "$$inspexec_name Perfect Health$$inspexec_name Resurgence$$inspexec_name Invigorating Imbuement$$inspexec_name Greater Health Imbuement$$inspexec_name Invigorate$$inspexec_name Dramatic Improvement$$inspexec_name Rejuvenating Imbuement$$inspexec_name Health Imbuement$$inspexec_name Rejuvenate$$inspexec_name Respite"

On 1/15/2022 at 10:24 AM, On-Fire Dude said:

Don't the "F1-F5" keys already do this?

very much so.

The activate insps from the bottom to the top in that column on insps.

I stack breakfrees in the first column activated by F1.

I put Awakens in the far right column

I put respites in all the other slots

if for some reason I end up with "junk" in my insp tray, I will stack the 2nd column activated by F2 with an attack set up. I usually will put a defense or resist at the bottom, then an attack, and then a acc on top. When I hit a boss, I then just rapid fire the F2 until the column is empty. There isn't that much of a difference timing-wise, but this make sure that the accuracy last the longest because making sure I hit is the most important thing to me. Spike damage is great, but if I can't hit the target then they don't get any damage.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

My recently solution, slowly prolifering on all alts ...

you can also

have  a keybind like

F1 "powexectray 1 6"
F2 "powexectray 2 6"
F3 "powexectray 3 6"
F4 "powexectray 4 6"
F5 "powexectray 5 6"
F6 "powexectray 6 6"
F7 "powexectray 7 6"

Basically execute whatewer you putted in tray 6 with F1 to F7 keys usually used for inspis.

have a macrofile

macro$$macro_image "Inspiration_Accuracy_Lvl_4" "Acc" "inspexecname uncanny_insight$$inspexecname keen_insight$$inspexecname insight"$$macro_image "Inspiration_Damage_Lvl_4" "Dam" "inspexecname righteous_rage$$inspexecname focused_rage$$inspexecname enrage"$$macro_image "Inspiration_Defense_Lvl_4" "Def" "inspexecname phenomenal_luck$$inspexecname good_luck$$inspexecname luck"$$macro_image "Inspiration_Damage_Resistance_Lvl_4" "Res" "inspexecname robust$$inspexecname rugged$$inspexecname sturdy"$$macro_image "Inspiration_Health_Lvl_4" "HP" "inspexecname resurgence$$inspexecname dramatic_improvement$$inspexecname respite"$$macro_image "Inspiration_Endurance_Lvl_4" "End" "inspexecname second_wind$$inspexecname take_a_breather$$inspexecname catch_a_breath"$$macro_image "Inspiration_resist_sleep_hold_Lvl_4" "BF" "inspexecname escape$$inspexecname emerge$$inspexecname break_free"

wich use Larges inspis icons and execute related inspis(eating first the smallest one, then the medium, then the larges)

Combining those give you a tray with the seven inspis types icon in whatever order you like, and eat them wherever they are in your inspi box.

Cheers

53 minutes ago, kazrack35 said:

you can also

have  a keybind like

F1 "powexectray 1 6"
F2 "powexectray 2 6"
F3 "powexectray 3 6"
F4 "powexectray 4 6"
F5 "powexectray 5 6"
F6 "powexectray 6 6"
F7 "powexectray 7 6"

I have never seen a setup where using a bind to fire a macro made sense. This example may be less useful than most of those.

Why not just bind the fire strings to those keys... as I've done since about Issue 3?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com