How do YOU Perma-Dom

BastionWalls

• 2 weeks later

Get to around 105% global recharge, use SG base +20% recharge buff.  Perma dom achieved for 90 minutes at a time without having to worry about keeping hasten up.  Click hasten manually.

Thankfully allows me to go afk whenever I need,  for up to 90 minutes at a time anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later

Only permadom character I have is a  Hasten-less Dark/Martial

I leave Domination on autofire and barely think about it after the first time it fires. The only concession I make is to make sure I'm not spamming powers when the timer gets down to the last few seconds so I don't miss the window. 

I also managed to get softcap or very close to it on S/L/E defense via Weave/CJ/Scorpion Shield and a few set bonuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Domination on auto fire; Hasten at convenience. Well worth building sufficient recharge to permadom without Hasten, FFB procs, or temp powers. Playing a dominator is (for me) stressful enough. Don’t need to add anxiety about maintaining a base buff. Not suggesting don’t use them. But care not to *rely* on them.

Edit: Oof! Sucked into a necropost!! It’s moldy in here!!

Edited by Nyghtmaire
  • Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

47 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Domination on auto fire; Hasten at convenience. Well worth building sufficient recharge to permadom without Hasten, FFB procs, or temp powers. Playing a dominator is (for me) stressful enough. Don’t need to add anxiety about maintaining a base buff. Not suggesting don’t use them. But care not to *rely* on them.

Edit: Oof! Sucked into a necropost!! It’s moldy in here!!

Gone!  Gone!  Oh hoary host!
Arise!  Arise!  THE NECRO POST!

ThreadNecro.jpg

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

26 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Gone!  Gone!  Oh hoary host!
Arise!  Arise!  THE NECRO POST!

I blame @ClawsandEffect!

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

• 1 month later

Alpha Incarnate powers like Agility do not effect inherent domination directly.  It adds the equivalent of slotted recharge in all powers that could slot recharge and since you can't slot domination at all . . . you get nothing.

However, it does add recharge to Hasten (and some other +recharge powers) , which can make that power recharge faster, which might make your domination recharge faster.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:59 PM, TheZag said:

I made a bind load file that switches what power is on auto every time i press forward.  Turns out i press forward quite often and it keeps both powers active almost all the time.

I tried that once, but I'm super used to queuing an attack and then running at the target, and binding a power to W cancels the queued attack.

It drove me nuts and I had to undo it.

So now I keep Domination on auto and click Hasten when I notice it's up.

• 2 weeks later

I don't pretend to be an expert on dominators, but this Grav/Psi build is about as solid as I've ever built.

Great HP, decent res/def, and perma-dom with no Hasten (400% rech rate). No need for any toggling between domination and hasten. I can sit there with domination up, walk away from the screen to grab a coffee, and domination is still up whenever I come back. There is typically 5-8 seconds overlap between domination flashing and a refresh.

For building domination - I used to do this on live, and for some reason I remember it building faster then, so perhaps they nerfed it?

1- pop Geas of the Kind Ones (accolade for ++recovery)

2- initiate a snipe on a target

3- interrupt it, but continue to try to snipe/interrupt. This will build domination very quickly but will drop your endurance

Geas will continue to refill your endurance quickly, so you can repeat steps 2-3 in a matter of a couple seconds. I usually build domination solo from 0, in about 15sec.

Here is the build below with stats. Sorry, mids won't let me export for some reason.

GravPsi.jpg