What should we do with Psychic Blast?

oedipus_tex

3 minutes ago, Pzn said:

I was getting mixed up with it doing less damage.  Forgot they lose scream instead.

You actually made me go check, but considering Will Domination is the signature Psychic Blast power in its bursty projectile-stacking mini-game, I was pretty certain that couldn’t be right 🙂

Coincidentally I just created a Psi/Energy Blaster a week ago. Got her to 24 just yesterday. Just SOs. (Still happy that I can easily get SOs for lower level characters!)

The only blaster that I played all last year is my level 50 Fire/Fire/Fire. So, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been having difficulty going from ALL AOE ALL THE TIME! to no AoEs at all. But I'm still having fun learning how things work on Psi.

While I agree that Psychic Tornado has a ridiculous, and over long, animation, I'm hoping that the devs don't touch Psi Blast at all. If past history is any indication they're likely to add some kind of weird combo system to it. I'm really hoping that they get over that kick but, until they do, I hope they don't add a combo system to the power set that I just started playing.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Coincidentally I just created a Psi/Energy Blaster a week ago. Got her to 24 just yesterday. Just SOs. (Still happy that I can easily get SOs for lower level characters!)

The only blaster that I played all last year is my level 50 Fire/Fire/Fire. So, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been having difficulty going from ALL AOE ALL THE TIME! to no AoEs at all. But I'm still having fun learning how things work on Psi.

While I agree that Psychic Tornado has a ridiculous, and over long, animation, I'm hoping that the devs don't touch Psi Blast at all. If past history is any indication they're likely to add some kind of weird combo system to it. I'm really hoping that they get over that kick but, until they do, I hope they don't add a combo system to the power set that I just started playing.

Yeah you probably have to compliment Psy/Energy with an extra AoE from the APP's/PPP's. /Energy just has nothing to help with that problem even though it will make your S/T chain even more snipey and pew pew. I recommend procced out Repulsion Bomb or Electrifying Fences 🙂 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:59 AM, arcane said:

HARD NO. The ability to stack damage from multiple attacks in one instant of time by understanding the varying projectile speeds is the #1 coolest thing about the set. 

Same goes for Seismic Blast.

I don't need the damage to happen X seconds from now. I need it to happen now. 

Why in the hell arrows travel instantaneously while thoughts take three seconds baffles me. 

• Thanks 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

2 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Why in the hell arrows travel instantaneously while thoughts take three seconds baffles me. 

Because one is made of metal/wood while the other doesn't follow natural laws of physics or understanding?

3 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Agree to disagree, I like the few niche exceptions when multiple attacks all hit in one single burst, giving the enemies fewer moments between being hit and being defeated. There’s little that survives long enough to notice what’s happening to them when you Meteor>Upthrust>Pyronic or Will Dom>Psi Lance>TK Blast.

It’s not like your preference isn’t already plenty prevalent in this game 🙂

[take my toys and i’ll cut u]

Edited by arcane
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Naraka said:

Because one is made of metal/wood while the other doesn't follow natural laws of physics or understanding?

Pretty sure we know how fast thoughts work, champ. 

• Haha 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 hours ago, arcane said:

How many wills do you dominate irl on your average weekday in one second apiece?

Depends on the client. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SaintD said:

Mercilessly nerf it into the floor. Six feet under. Dead as s***.

Not for player balance reasons, I'm just sick of massively overpowered Fortunatas and Night Widows.

Arachnos use psychic scream: 680 damage 

heroes use psychic scream: 68 damage 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, SaintD said:

Mercilessly nerf it into the floor. Six feet under. Dead as s***.

Not for player balance reasons, I'm just sick of massively overpowered Fortunatas and Night Widows.

I am confused. You're talking about the mob widows or player widows?

If you're talking about mobs, then psychic blast isn't the most annoying power.

Smoke grenade, now there is an annoying mob power compared to the player version.

Unlike the player version, the perception debuff doesn't cancel when taking damage.

But I digress.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Pretty sure we know how fast thoughts work, champ. 

Do you have the formula? Also any variables like transmission medium that isn't a cerebral synapse.

I'm not even being that pedantic. I'm sure there has been in-game lore about the study of mental powers since characters like Mother Mayhem had a while branch of medical professionals that end up creating such meta-humans. It's not something I look for but I wouldn't put it past the writers to make some tongue-in-cheek references to the slow "thought projectile speed" of the game because it is a rather unique style of mental powers in CoX.

On the other hand, most other media portray mental powers as near instant when, in reality, thoughts are certainly not instantaneous.