AE Question - alts

kiramon

Hi, Quick question

Assuming I do not care about the EXP for the farmer itself, would an alt character level faster if they were the only other character in the farm, or would that singular character gain more overall experience if there are more players in the group?

Example:

If Farmer+Alt = 1 hour to level Alt

Would Farmer+Alt+Additional characters = <1 hour to level Alt. assuming the farmer is still doing all of the work (so no hitters) 

Also is there any reason to turn off exp anymore 

Edited by kiramon

I do not know the formula.  I do know the experience.  Farmer set at +4/x8 solo generates X treasure.  (experience/inspirations/recipes)  Farmer + 1 sitter pretty much split ALL of that.  Each additional sitter makes the pie slices smaller.  

I hate farming.  I do farm once in a great while.  (Did it yesterday)  Took a level 1 on my main acct and opened up my alt acct farmer.  took a few hours, 50d them, then another hour+ to open all incarnate slots.  

Have been with my SG when a member said "I want to level this new toon, anyone farming?"  and SEVEN of us farmers took him in.  It went....fast.

From what I recall of the discussions on the original forums, the theoretical bonus XP per teammate (to compensate for XP being shared) was never quantified.  This would be an excellent opportunity to do so, if you're so inclined and have sufficient additional accounts (i don't, nor will my sad little laptop support multiple instances of the game without dropping to an unplayable framerate).

Test with a single character, your farmer, defeating a single critter at +0, +1, +2, +3 and +4 (to determine the baseline and account for level adjustment when adding more teammates (as the game natively adjusts critter level upward when team size increases)).  The critter should be identical, other than level variance, for each data point.  If the original critter is a level 50 Council Marksman, for instance, then the test should be repeated on a Council Marksman every time.  Note the XP for each defeat, and the level of the critter defeated.

Then add one teammate and defeat the test critter, noting the XP for each teammate and critter level.

Repeat that second step six more times, adding one teammate each time and jotting down the XP earned by each member of the team and the level of the critter, until you have the results for a full team of 8.  Bring the results here and we'll do the math (and someone can add it to the wiki).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

Hi, Quick question

Assuming I do not care about the EXP for the farmer itself, would an alt character level faster if they were the only other character in the farm, or would that singular character gain more overall experience if there are more players in the group?

Example:

If Farmer+Alt = 1 hour to level Alt

Would Farmer+Alt+Additional characters = <1 hour to level Alt. assuming the farmer is still doing all of the work (so no hitters) 

Also is there any reason to turn off exp anymore 

Correct. Otherwise I’d do charity work more often. Only you and one lowbie to maximize efficiency.

Only reason for turning off xp now is literally, for example, wanting to be seen as veteran level 420 or 666 forever.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

image.png.878b48239c381ead0c24e7ad0a340fab.png

Thought this was it. Granted, that's old and may have been changed.

I found a DM exchange I had with someone in June of 2019 that gave examples for 1, 2 and 3 characters and the results match up with that chart.

So, apply the XP multiplier then divide by Team size to determine share.

• Thumbs Up 1