First 50: Sentinel AR/Regen

JustRyan

So I have never been one to dish on the stats. It looks too much like math. Math and I are not friends. But since this is the first time I have had a 50 (Live or Homecoming) I don't want to get the side eye when I team with other 50's and I end up doing something silly (like not having my powers slotted efficiently, or not having anything other than IOs).

So here is my question to you, people who are good at this stuff...

If you could build a 50 Sentinel AR/Regen with whatever enhancements you want, how would you do it?

If you could build a 50 Sentinel AR/Regen with whatever enhancements you want, how would you do it?

TL;DR: In this combo, I'd try to build to it's strengths while getting some moderate defense.  It can shine on teams where they can help pad out your weakness.

First off, congrats.  Second, I have pondered your question for a few days actually. 

I'm not going to post a build here.  I find that exercise a bit pointless since I don't play AR/Regen for myself.  I did make an AR/Bio, and I may play /Regen again.  So I have some interest in answering this question for myself too. ;)

I've got 3 different Sentinels with build plans to 50.  I have almost as much fun plotting out goals as I do playing the actual game. 

That said, my findings are that the lower defense values of Sents are noticeable when considered against other ATs with the same sets.  My DP/Nin falls just shy of 45% positionals vs my Staff/Nin despite both using a similar methodology for slotting.  If I had ANY interest in using the melee options from the Ancillary pools I could close this gap easier.  Yet, I have 0 interest in doing that.  So that's that. 

A similar issue on lacking melee for slots in my build came up on my Beam/Willpower.  My build is at home on a computer that just went into brickland (I'm getting a new one) but I think I found some slots to get some Kinetic Combats on Boxing. It helped bring my Smash/Lethal to 30% which is acceptable to me but not as high as my Brute. 

What I'm saying is, the usual mantra of "get your ass to Mars get to 32.5% or 45% defense" is a bit bigger of a challenge for Sentinel /Regen than it is for its melee cousins.  Unless you're ok with some melee attacks, then it is a bit easier.  Me, I'd rather not have them because that is part of the draw to the Sentinel in the first place.  I'm generally ok with a set mule, maybe even two, but I really can't stand pushing for more than that like some min-max ideas do. 

So, after all that preamble, what would I do with unlimited funds?  I'd want to go for 20-25% defense with a bit more priority on ranged than the others.  That should be well within the realm of possible without getting off concept.  If I need inspires, that's fine.  Sentinel Regen has some perks to it like the Absorb and Second Wind which should, hypothetically, help in damage mitigation in ways the melee version doesn't.  Plus you have the ranged aspect. 

All that out the way, I'd worry more about getting perma-Hasten (or within a few seconds close to it) so around 170% global recharge with that  power active.  Then I'd chase global damage increases.  People have criticism of Sentinel damage, and that's not necessarily unwarranted.  A way around that is pushing more damage*.  That means I'm far more inclined to look for Purple IO procs for some key powers, global damage percentage increases, and Musculature Core as an Incarnate goal (for starters).

*And I'm well aware for the same investment to similar goals you can squeeze more damage out of another AT.  That's self evident.  However, Sentinels still benefit from pushing their own damage.  That's my thought there.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Assault Rifle

Secondary Power Set: Regeneration

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Burst

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (27) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb

Level 1: Fast Healing

• (A) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Endurance
  • (3) Doctored Wounds - Heal
  • (5) Doctored Wounds - Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge
  • (7) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Disorienting Shot

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (15) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 4: Buckshot

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (15) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance

Level 6: Slug

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 8: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (9) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (9) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (11) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (11) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (13) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 10: Reconstruction

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (13) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (27) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 12: M30 Grenade

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (33) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 14: Quick Recovery

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 16: Instant Regeneration

• (17) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (17) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (19) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (25) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 18: Dismiss Pain

• (A) Healing IO

Level 20: Integration

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance
  • (21) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge
  • (21) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (23) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (23) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (25) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

Level 22: Super Jump

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 24: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Incinerator

• (39) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 28: Resilience

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (29) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (29) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (48) Resist Damage IO

Level 30: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 32: Full Auto

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (37) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity
  • (42) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 35: Second Wind

• (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 38: Tough

• (A) Resist Damage IO
  • (39) Resist Damage IO

Level 41: Weave

• (A) Defense Buff IO
  • (42) Defense Buff IO
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (50) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 44: Tashibishi

• (A) Damage Increase IO

Level 47: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (48) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 49: Maneuvers

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Health

• (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

• (3) Performance Shifter - EndMod

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

Here's what I was able to come up with after thinking about it for a little while.  You will have to tweak it a little because it's not as great as it could be and it's a bit expensive, but it's a place for you to start.  You get 34% ranged def, around 25 to the other positions, close to 50% S/L resist, and you aren't super far away from perma hasten, although you aren't exactly close either.  Just posting this since you didn't get any responses, I'm sure this can be further optimized.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later
On 1/3/2022 at 11:31 PM, Destruye Arepas YV said:

I too would like to know more about AR/Regen ... we need people squeezing out the max out of these niche builds for those of us that like to play weird combos 😄

Its a new year, and while this could have been a new post (some nice necromancy here), I could go into some lessons learned.  

Lesson 1... Your "squeezing out the max" is an *incredibly* low bar with this build. Seriously, the optimization ceiling is not super high with this because of how both AR and Regen work. 

Lesson 2... Lesson 1 is a sad but very real truth. 

Lesson 3... AR does its best damage with absurd levels of recharge. Talking 190%+ with Hasten and may really want Ageless if you're not getting it in set bonuses. 

Lesson 4... Flamethrower ticks multiple times for the opportunity meter. It shouldn't, but it does. None of the other powers in this kit do that, but Flamethrower can nearly fill your bar against full targets. 

Lesson 5... Regen also does well with really high levels of recharge.

Lesson 6... Stacking regen in bonuses for the sake of getting more health return is a waste of effort. You want actual hit points, defense benefits, recharge, to-hit, accuracy, damage, and then somewhere later down the road... regeneration percentage. 

And that's it. Assault Rifle has a lot of powers and they can all have some merit depending on how you slot them. You could dump a few from the build and it really depends on preference/goals. Regen has very little it should skip, like Second Wind is a possibility and maybe Moment of Glory, but it too can be really tight on powers.  Don't expect the world from either of these power sets, because right now that's delusional. However, Regeneration is the best version of the set on Sentinels in many ways, and Sentinel AR can be real fun. And fun is all that should matter. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oldskool said:

Its a new year, and while this could have been a new post (some nice necromancy here), I could go into some lessons learned.  

Lesson 1... Your "squeezing out the max" is an *incredibly* low bar with this build. Seriously, the optimization ceiling is not super high with this because of how both AR and Regen work. 

Lesson 2... Lesson 1 is a sad but very real truth. 

Lesson 3... AR does its best damage with absurd levels of recharge. Talking 190%+ with Hasten and may really want Ageless if you're not getting it in set bonuses. 

Lesson 4... Flamethrower ticks multiple times for the opportunity meter. It shouldn't, but it does. None of the other powers in this kit do that, but Flamethrower can nearly fill your bar against full targets. 

Lesson 5... Regen also does well with really high levels of recharge.

Lesson 6... Stacking regen in bonuses for the sake of getting more health return is a waste of effort. You want actual hit points, defense benefits, recharge, to-hit, accuracy, damage, and then somewhere later down the road... regeneration percentage. 

And that's it. Assault Rifle has a lot of powers and they can all have some merit depending on how you slot them. You could dump a few from the build and it really depends on preference/goals. Regen has very little it should skip, like Second Wind is a possibility and maybe Moment of Glory, but it too can be really tight on powers.  Don't expect the world from either of these power sets, because right now that's delusional. However, Regeneration is the best version of the set on Sentinels in many ways, and Sentinel AR can be real fun. And fun is all that should matter. 

Thank you!

So the total build concept out of AR beside some skipabble powers is to fully focus on RECHARGE within slots or enhancement sets + Def, raw HP increases, Acc and+toHit with a final touch if possile of regeneration as a side note.

That is actually quite helpful @oldskool 🙂

I have this character concept of a Gun toting mutant lizardman that regenerates rapidly from my old campaigns in Gamma World that I want to recreate here for fun

I know AR is quite sad compared to other sets  ... I played an AR/Traps MM back in live , have a smidgeon of alts here with AR and Traps as a Corruptor and AR as a blaster as well ...

It is something quite noticeable when you have a group with other corruptors for example and you are there trying to kill things and then comes an Ice or Storm corruptor and PWNS everything AOE style while you are just barely trying to go full auto and ... do some damage LOL!

But I dunno, I like AR for some fetishistic reason to RP a soldier, a mutant lizardman from the radioactive wastes or a femme nikkita like assasin ...

Will try to scrounge something up that can be somewhat decent in Mids, see if it will be fun for me as I just usually try to bring to COH most of my more memorable npcs and pcs from tabletop 😎

If you can share a decent build (you really know how to build things man) I would appreciate it! For the sake of us that like AR even when its so low damage and broken!

Cheers!

Edited by Destruye Arepas YV

---------------------------------------

From Venezuela with Love!

This is a tough build in the sense none of the IO sets are conducive to getting some decent numbers.. 

I started with Range cap hover blaster but changed it up.. Got rid of Hover, Disorienting shot and second wind..

Pickup Kick Tough Weave.. End result was a bit more endurance but resistance and defense numbers went up..  But regardless your endurance is good. 

The other reason I got rid of hover is  AR Full Auto from above is a bit funky.. its like a flat cone not a circular cone.. So sometimes I fire full auto from top and just get a few mobs..  But just buy the cheap jetpack from PW2 and have 5 hours of flying as needed.

in MIDS instant regeneration is broken or just not worth slotting more than one IO into it.. I didn't see any changes adding more health IOs for example. 
Reconstruction might be broken as well. I put a heath IO into and didn't see any increases in Reg
I did see an increase in regeneration when adding to Integration.. 

You have 2 slots left to put where you want.

I put one recharge into MOG to get it down to 94 seconds.. Every 94 seconds being fully capped is not a bad thing at all. That is just about every fight. 
I would have liked to put more procs but just couldn't. 

You could 3 slot Integration with Numina for the 3 set bonus for even more regen and hit points.

Add one more to m30 grenade for another proc..  Add another recharge to MOG to get it to 80s.. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Level 50 Science Sentinel

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A)
Level 1: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(17), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 2: Reconstruction -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 4: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(7)
Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(15)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(13)
Level 10: Instant Regeneration -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Kick -- KntCmb-Knock%(A)
Level 16: Dismiss Pain -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 18: Buckshot -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(23)
Level 20: Integration -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: M30 Grenade -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-Dam/Rech(25), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27)
Level 26: Flamethrower -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(29)
Level 28: Resilience -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31)
Level 30: Aim -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Slug -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Incinerator -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Full Auto -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Moment of Glory -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 6: Speed Phase 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1394;663;1326;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74A6144A1F56E4DD026DC1165A46F01368441215126C0|
|113374D536ECB9866683A35D1AFE1C695CFF85CFB11DC18E5E54E1157AE51171A75|
|351EE6FCAFC530C9CC6FE67FE7BCEE99338BB7E642D5EAFC39A1452ED4CB8E532A4|
|ABB65D9B21E28562C6957A4383C027426D44AA950B66B72CD3CEF38E59BF556A960|
|55EBB2BD3A27ABD276A459903569CB66B9656DD8B14BF6BA6CD21BA6BA092E6D6CD|
|4CD6243CAB59077BB20CB0DCBAE85BD8779ABB64EDE6A51B5B4269BCEBAD518BAD8|
|B02AE6BF508BE58AA48BD392CDDB0394E2189D6F3274D1BCAC5D21667D741AA2906|
|D8B7EB1AA7962648579E22A5860A68BCCBE656631AB6C85AB6B7F744F347E80BF98|
|1DBF99CBF4B28E489A7E97C377DC61A6691FFDF0A4F9F7598CEC31FB6831A0720C0|
|439766737186206C36084198A3257286C97AABAEB0A8B29F2D8AD72E9CE09B6007D|
|B4185616E16542CA10ABE426AAC4E80197F496763486ACFD31DDEF89270DD0CF3CD|
|50106987D9DCC6BE4B14779EC41623AC5EE55626F3FDD250CB14561FA211AFD0833|
|8030030833E403BF181EB7C96850E536F881C5B18FE01EF88999DC67C63F335F4D0|
|A31AC220E9FE56AE368ECC84F108D1D41A3372962021145C2A5431854CEA8EADC28|
|3A9744E7C6D1B9343A9746E792E8DC3BF2975215A4EE71734EDF071F800F99E38FC|
|0C7CC1D329E40647D02C6191867609CC973E6BBF47256A599DDE43D98DC02B7C11D|
|E6D42EF89E19A31A73CA38871AF3A8318F1AF3A8711A354EA3C61E323695B1F984B|
|FF7334FC167E073E6EC0BF025F33A7D41336A68667AD9E32CBEE21B93DE601F0E95|
|EBC60DA10EF7F0995AB3705C5A32DAE32C344F3A081EFD6778D2D7E3D2B72392269|
|2BCA9BECBA4640CF1FDBF45CCBD0F73FF7AAA3DF7EE5FEC58D90B|
Edited by plainguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

This is a tough build in the sense none of the IO sets are conducive to getting some decent numbers.. 

I started with Range cap hover blaster but changed it up.. Got rid of Hover, Disorienting shot and second wind..

Pickup Kick Tough Weave.. End result was a bit more endurance but resistance and defense numbers went up..  But regardless your endurance is good. 

The other reason I got rid of hover is  AR Full Auto from above is a bit funky.. its like a flat cone not a circular cone.. So sometimes I fire full auto from top and just get a few mobs..  But just buy the cheap jetpack from PW2 and have 5 hours of flying as needed.

in MIDS instant regeneration is broken or just not worth slotting more than one IO into it.. I didn't see any changes adding more health IOs for example. 
Reconstruction might be broken as well. I put a heath IO into and didn't see any increases in Reg
I did see an increase in regeneration when adding to Integration.. 

You have 2 slots left to put where you want.

I put one recharge into MOG to get it down to 94 seconds.. Every 94 seconds being fully capped is not a bad thing at all. That is just about every fight. 
I would have liked to put more procs but just couldn't. 

You could 3 slot Integration with Numina for the 3 set bonus for even more regen and hit points.

Add one more to m30 grenade for another proc..  Add another recharge to MOG to get it to 80s.. 

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(15), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(17), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 2: Reconstruction -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(13)
Level 18: Buckshot -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(19), Artl-Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(23)
Level 24: M30 Grenade -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-Dam/Rech(25), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27)
Level 26: Flamethrower -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(29)
Level 28: Resilience -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31)
Level 30: Aim -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Slug -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Incinerator -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Full Auto -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
------------

|MxDz;1394;663;1326;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74A6144A1F56E4DD026DC1165A46F01368441215126C0|
|113374D536ECB9866683A35D1AFE1C695CFF85CFB11DC18E5E54E1157AE51171A75|
|351EE6FCAFC530C9CC6FE67FE7BCEE99338BB7E642D5EAFC39A1452ED4CB8E532A4|
|ABB65D9B21E28562C6957A4383C027426D44AA950B66B72CD3CEF38E59BF556A960|
|55EBB2BD3A27ABD276A459903569CB66B9656DD8B14BF6BA6CD21BA6BA092E6D6CD|
|4CD6243CAB59077BB20CB0DCBAE85BD8779ABB64EDE6A51B5B4269BCEBAD518BAD8|
|B02AE6BF508BE58AA48BD392CDDB0394E2189D6F3274D1BCAC5D21667D741AA2906|
|D8B7EB1AA7962648579E22A5860A68BCCBE656631AB6C85AB6B7F744F347E80BF98|
|1DBF99CBF4B28E489A7E97C377DC61A6691FFDF0A4F9F7598CEC31FB6831A0720C0|
|439766737186206C36084198A3257286C97AABAEB0A8B29F2D8AD72E9CE09B6007D|
|B4185616E16542CA10ABE426AAC4E80197F496763486ACFD31DDEF89270DD0CF3CD|
|50106987D9DCC6BE4B14779EC41623AC5EE55626F3FDD250CB14561FA211AFD0833|
|8030030833E403BF181EB7C96850E536F881C5B18FE01EF88999DC67C63F335F4D0|
|A31AC220E9FE56AE368ECC84F108D1D41A3372962021145C2A5431854CEA8EADC28|
|3A9744E7C6D1B9343A9746E792E8DC3BF2975215A4EE71734EDF071F800F99E38FC|
|0C7CC1D329E40647D02C6191867609CC973E6BBF47256A599DDE43D98DC02B7C11D|
|E6D42EF89E19A31A73CA38871AF3A8318F1AF3A8711A354EA3C61E323695B1F984B|
|FF7334FC167E073E6EC0BF025F33A7D41336A68667AD9E32CBEE21B93DE601F0E95|
|EBC60DA10EF7F0995AB3705C5A32DAE32C344F3A081EFD6778D2D7E3D2B72392269|
|2BCA9BECBA4640CF1FDBF45CCBD0F73FF7AAA3DF7EE5FEC58D90B|

Hmmm ...  this looks workable ... Loaded it into mids and I am still so so.

I will try to create one of my own as well ... this one seems to have a bit better resists and is pretty similar damage/accuracy/to hit wise as my other BR/Elec sent ...

What you think?

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.0.10

Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:

• (3) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (3) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb

• (19) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 2: Buckshot

• (7) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (9) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity

Level 4: Quick Recovery

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod
  • (13) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge
  • (13) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (15) Efficacy Adaptor - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (15) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy
  • (17) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Endurance

Level 6: Reconstruction

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (27) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (29) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (29) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance

Level 8: Stealth

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 10: Grant Invisibility

Level 12: Slug

• (23) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (27) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance

Level 14: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (23) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff
  • (40) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (40) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 16: Super Speed

• (A) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (48) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 18: Instant Regeneration

• (31) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 20: Dismiss Pain

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal

Level 22: Integration

• (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance

Level 24: M30 Grenade

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize

Level 26: Flamethrower

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (42) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Annihilation - Damage/RechargeTime

Level 28: Incinerator

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self
  • (40) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance

Level 30: Resilience

• (A) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
  • (34) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge
  • (46) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance
  • (46) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Recharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (33) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance

• (A) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Endurance
  • (46) Doctored Wounds - Endurance/Recharge

Level 38: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 41: Tough

• (A) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance
  • (39) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Recharge
  • (45) Titanium Coating - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 44: Weave

• (45) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (48) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 47: Combat Jumping

• (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 49: Hasten

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

--------------------------------

I aimed to get as close as possible to 190% recharge (managed 188%) without hasten for when being exemplared and 260+ with haste when doing level 50 content.

-----

I see you went for close to 40 defenses and low 20 or less resists. With this build I get 10 to 15 defenses but 40 to 50 resists ...

Dont know ... for a sent I dont know what is best yet ... Regeneration and AR are  being chosen here for flavor , not for uberness and min/maxing, but would really like something solid so I dont faceplant all the time haha 😄

What you guys think?

I know there is a thing about Defenses vs Resists ... so wondering what would be better?

Here's a round of Conga Rats for your first 50! Yay, you. 😃

You're in good hands with Sensei Oldskool. 

And my two infs (which seems less next to Plainguy's and the rest of the advise up there, but anyhoo).

If you're not into the numbers like me (maths and I are also not that close of friends), then focus on your particular play style. While there's a very good reason why people throw the words def soft cap around, The Sentinel in general is a very forgiving AT. I have some toons with barely anything slotted in their secondaries and they can still walk away after a tussle. Is it their "be the best your can be"? not by a long shot. But one advantage of levelling up your toon the long way is that you develop a certain way to handle their strengths and weaknesses. so take the advise up there (as dang good as they are) and put your own spin to it. mess around a bit -- respec recipes are cheap -- until you fine tune it to be a build that works for you. 

Enjoy your spanking new 50 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, some nice people in the servers gave a quick look to my crap build and told me to fix some things so here is the new build I have come up with.

Unlike Plainguy build, which is good and focused on defenses and some resists I decided to create one based mostly on resists , this is a work in progress so please help me make it better 😄

Hero Profile:

Level 8: Slug

Level 10: Aim

Level 12: Super Speed

Level 14: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Stealth

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime

• (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

• (39) Salvo - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Salvo - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Salvo - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Range

• (A) Titanium Coating - Resistance
  • (34) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage

• (A) Doctored Wounds - Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Doctored Wounds - Recharge

Level 38: Combat Jumping

Level 47: Moment of Glory

10 hours ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

I aimed to get as close as possible to 190% recharge (managed 188%) without hasten for when being exemplared and 260+ with haste when doing level 50 content.

I was in the middle of writing a reply before Plainguy chimed in to add more context and I had to drop it. So, my apologies because without more information you can get misled. 

Incinerator should have a 3.03 recharge time, down from its base 12 seconds, in order to mash the sequence of Incinerator -> Slug -> Burst against hard targets. If all you care about is minion mowing, then stack your damage into your AoE instead, but you may struggle a bit more on LT's and up. "Struggle" as in feeling as if you are chipping health when Incinerator is not available because Burst is effectively tickle damage and Slug isn't that efficient without some procs.  

So, at 190+ % global recharge *and* 95+ % enhanced recharge, Incinerator can be available after the animation cycle of Burst + Slug.  Burst and Slug do not require any recharge enhancement because their window of availability is going to be bound by the other powers in the attack sequence.  So first cycle, you're putting Incinerator on cooldown, then Slug, and finally Burst.  After Burst finishes its animation, you'd want to have Incinerator active.  Burst has a 1.188 animation + Incinerator's 2.244 = 3.432.  If you can have Slug available in 3.432 seconds or less without any recharge enhancement in the power, then I highly recommend frankenslotting it with damage procs instead. This will improve Slug's damage beyond the ED damage cap.  

Here is a way that I go about enhancing a power like Slug. Thunderstrike's 3pc bonus still grants you some range defense. The Acc/Dmg, Acc/Dmg/End, and Dmg/End enhancements will get you the 3 pc bonus and will not enhance recharge in the power. This allows you to socket Explosive Strikes, and Gladiator's Javelin which are two procs that do 71~ dmg when they go off. They aren't guaranteed but you're still looking at about 20-30 average damage per slot (likely higher in play but never 71 *on average* in each) which is pretty good. Remember, Sentinel *base* damage is what is enhanced by damage %. Any kind of damage increase is only raising that number. Slug's base is less than 100 damage. So with a 3% global damage buff in set bonuses you're not even getting +3 damage to that power (you would to Incinerator, Flamethrower and Full Auto though).  

You can run similar slotting in Burst too. 3pc Thunderstrike and then 3 open spots for procs like Achilles' Heel, Touch of Lady Grey, Shield Breaker, or Gladiator's Javelin. I may be a little off, but I think the proc chance in Burst is about 30% for each of those individually. An alternative method of using Burst, and trying to fish for procs, is to go Incinerator -> Burst -> Slug -> Burst. You'd need enough recharge reduction, ideally globally, to ensure Burst is available only after Slug's 1.848 animation (server clock speed; this is known as "arcanatime" from old old testing in the live game). Incinerator can then recharge in 4.224 seconds. This is a DPS loss, but so is playing AR in the first place (I kid... kinda). 

[Edit note: When I say "dps" loss the context of that is important too. Average damage could drop by less than 5% using Incinerator, Slug, and Burst x 2 (on paper you're really looking at 2-3% less assuming Musculature Core Alpha to help raise Burst/Slug). It is a *loss* but it may not be a largely noticeable one. Go for the selection of powers and effects you care about as the top priority because the min-max ceiling here isn't that large. So, the shortest possible cooldown on your strongest possible powers *is* the best DPS. However, alternative slotting and gameplay practices may create slight drops in performance. If a loss of a few DPS points, which are also only measurable on targets with HP capable of sustaining long durations of focus targeting with Opportunity, are OK to you, then do what is most fun. A lot of DPS arguments get into the weeds of absurdity and I have to be real careful to not present my thoughts through some elitest kind of mindset (I don't play that way; at all).]

You may be asking "Why this?" and "Why is Burst talked about so specifically in last place?". Sentinels, as in players seeking advice; not the bleeding edge players that min-max to the gills, can struggle with dealing with more spongey targets. This is especially true when people start thinking their build *has to perform* at +4/x8 (it doesn't). However, even on +2/x6 or 8 enemies like Bosses on solo maps can feel like a slog. A set like AR is going to feel even worse. Anyway... Using any of the Sentinel T1 or T2 powers *last* can often guarantee a triggering of the Opportunity mechanic without a lot of conscious thought by the player. Its just muscle memory at that point.  Why though?

OK, so the carrier power for opportunity, like Burst, *can not* be the one that both meets the condition (90% meter) and also be the trigger at the same time. Therefore, you want your attack powers to go in an order that builds you 90-100% meter *before* you use a power like Burst. Adding it last makes it a lot more mindless and removes decision making in the heat of the moment. It is also, almost always, a significant way to increase your damage on single targets. 

[Edit 2: OK, So I know I harp a lot about single target, but "ugh I can't kill bosses" or "ugh, I do Defender damage*" is a common complaint in Sentinel-land. Its where my head is at when trying to present ways to fix it. The AoE is often overstated as a problem given that most teams at a high level are all leap frogging Judgment powers in the first place.  *I can make some reasonably powerful Defenders so this comment of doing Defender damage is almost always a "lawlz, have you see what some Defenders are capable of" in my head. However, I understand the sentiment of beating enemies to death with a wet rag versus the perception of using a sledgehammer.]

Now, AOE tips. 

Meter building for Opportunity is going to be entirely different with AoE powers and especially so due to Flamethrower cheese.  For absolute overkill on meter generation, slot the full 6pc Opportunity Strikes set into Flamethrower. Open with this power against multiple targets. You will likely fill your bar to 100% (you actually can gain WAY more than 100pts of opportunity with this which is wasted) immediately. Opportunity lasts 15 seconds. Flamethrower can easily be available every 5 seconds meaning you can potentially be near 100% uptime when you have a target rich environment. The Opportunity damage buff, from Burst, is going to be better than the defensive one for Regen, imo.  So again, use Burst.  

Another fun benefit of really high recharge is having Full Auto available ever 22~ seconds. If you put the Superior Ward set into FA, then you 95% enhanced recharge in that power (helps get you that sub 24-25second time with global recharge). You will also proc that absorb every time you use FA, but the ward proc is pretty crappy.

[Edit 3: The above on FA availability also dovetails into Aim availability. Sentinels get access to Aim. Other versions of AR do not. This can allow for minimal slotting effort in Aim. Like, 1 Gaussian chance for buildup plus 1 common lvl 50 recharge IO. This can allow for a nice Aim -> FA -> AOE Spam rotation nearly every spawn which can be easy to overlook and ignore as a benefit. You combine that with the bug in Flamethrower, and you can have some decent (though not great) AoE potential on Sentinel AR. You're not going to impress the hardcore Blaster fans (ever!), but you're going to contribute far more than some may think.]

So, in Buckshot and M30 Grenade you could go with some minor set bonuses, again, to explore procs. You may want one Knockback to Knockdown conversion, but you could also add Positron's Blast, Bombardment, Explosive Strikes, Force Feedback, Annihilation, and so on.

What about defense? Obviously pushing damage slotting like this isn't going to stack much defense. You could still get to 16-22% positional defenses and likely much higher on Energy/Negative by using Weave, Maneuvers, and Stealth/Hover/Combat Jumping. 

[Edit 4: There is a strength in keeping range on Sentinel Regen. One of the big hazards of playing Regen is being in melee range where enemies can pound on your low defenses and resistance. The base regen rate can't keep up (Boost rates with Instant Healing and Destiny Healing can be significant though). This is less of a problem if you can maintain range for longer. Enemies like the Cimo's have 1 range attack but multiple broadsword attacks. It is better to risk their javelin toss vs being in range of taking Hack, Disembowl, or Headsplitter. Therefore, you don't need to max stack defense/resistance on a Sentinel like you may on a melee and this too is why Regen feels so much better on the AT. A passive regenerating absorb barrier is also nice to have.]

This is like managing a scale. On one end you have damage. On the other hand you have defense. You could make this pretty tanky but do pitiful damage. You could build for more damage and be more fragile. You don't really get both with this pairing. Still, this long article on how to squeeze the most damage out of Sentinel AR *may* be helpful. Maybe not. 🙂 

Edited by oldskool
Loads of thoughts to expand on. Probably some typo fixes and probably introduced new mistakes too.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Here's a round of Conga Rats for your first 50! Yay, you. 😃

You're in good hands with Sensei Oldskool. 

And my two infs (which seems less next to Plainguy's and the rest of the advise up there, but anyhoo).

If you're not into the numbers like me (maths and I are also not that close of friends), then focus on your particular play style. While there's a very good reason why people throw the words def soft cap around, The Sentinel in general is a very forgiving AT. I have some toons with barely anything slotted in their secondaries and they can still walk away after a tussle. Is it their "be the best your can be"? not by a long shot. But one advantage of levelling up your toon the long way is that you develop a certain way to handle their strengths and weaknesses. so take the advise up there (as dang good as they are) and put your own spin to it. mess around a bit -- respec recipes are cheap -- until you fine tune it to be a build that works for you. 

Enjoy your spanking new 50 😃

I agree with this..

But I am a defense cap player.  My goal for any build is 3/8 setting. But that is because I solo a lot.

As you can see I play a lot of petless masterminds and they do 3/8 setting as well. It the challenge.

11 hours ago, oldskool said:

I was in the middle of writing a reply before Plainguy chimed in to add more context and I had to drop it. So, my apologies because without more information you can get misled. 

Incinerator should have a 3.03 recharge time, down from its base 12 seconds, in order to mash the sequence of Incinerator -> Slug -> Burst against hard targets. If all you care about is minion mowing, then stack your damage into your AoE instead, but you may struggle a bit more on LT's and up. "Struggle" as in feeling as if you are chipping health when Incinerator is not available because Burst is effectively tickle damage and Slug isn't that efficient without some procs.  

So, at 190+ % global recharge *and* 95+ % enhanced recharge, Incinerator can be available after the animation cycle of Burst + Slug.  Burst and Slug do not require any recharge enhancement because their window of availability is going to be bound by the other powers in the attack sequence.  So first cycle, you're putting Incinerator on cooldown, then Slug, and finally Burst.  After Burst finishes its animation, you'd want to have Incinerator active.  Burst has a 1.188 animation + Incinerator's 2.244 = 3.432.  If you can have Slug available in 3.432 seconds or less without any recharge enhancement in the power, then I highly recommend frankenslotting it with damage procs instead. This will improve Slug's damage beyond the ED damage cap.  

Here is a way that I go about enhancing a power like Slug. Thunderstrike's 3pc bonus still grants you some range defense. The Acc/Dmg, Acc/Dmg/End, and Dmg/End enhancements will get you the 3 pc bonus and will not enhance recharge in the power. This allows you to socket Explosive Strikes, and Gladiator's Javelin which are two procs that do 71~ dmg when they go off. They aren't guaranteed but you're still looking at about 20-30 average damage per slot (likely higher in play but never 71 *on average* in each) which is pretty good. Remember, Sentinel *base* damage is what is enhanced by damage %. Any kind of damage increase is only raising that number. Slug's base is less than 100 damage. So with a 3% global damage buff in set bonuses you're not even getting +3 damage to that power (you would to Incinerator, Flamethrower and Full Auto though).  

You can run similar slotting in Burst too. 3pc Thunderstrike and then 3 open spots for procs like Achilles' Heel, Touch of Lady Grey, Shield Breaker, or Gladiator's Javelin. I may be a little off, but I think the proc chance in Burst is about 30% for each of those individually. An alternative method of using Burst, and trying to fish for procs, is to go Incinerator -> Burst -> Slug -> Burst. You'd need enough recharge reduction, ideally globally, to ensure Burst is available only after Slug's 1.848 animation (server clock speed; this is known as "arcanatime" from old old testing in the live game). Incinerator can then recharge in 4.224 seconds. This is a DPS loss, but so is playing AR in the first place (I kid... kinda). 

[Edit note: When I say "dps" loss the context of that is important too. Average damage could drop by less than 5% using Incinerator, Slug, and Burst x 2 (on paper you're really looking at 2-3% less assuming Musculature Core Alpha to help raise Burst/Slug). It is a *loss* but it may not be a largely noticeable one. Go for the selection of powers and effects you care about as the top priority because the min-max ceiling here isn't that large. So, the shortest possible cooldown on your strongest possible powers *is* the best DPS. However, alternative slotting and gameplay practices may create slight drops in performance. If a loss of a few DPS points, which are also only measurable on targets with HP capable of sustaining long durations of focus targeting with Opportunity, are OK to you, then do what is most fun. A lot of DPS arguments get into the weeds of absurdity and I have to be real careful to not present my thoughts through some elitest kind of mindset (I don't play that way; at all).]

You may be asking "Why this?" and "Why is Burst talked about so specifically in last place?". Sentinels, as in players seeking advice; not the bleeding edge players that min-max to the gills, can struggle with dealing with more spongey targets. This is especially true when people start thinking their build *has to perform* at +4/x8 (it doesn't). However, even on +2/x6 or 8 enemies like Bosses on solo maps can feel like a slog. A set like AR is going to feel even worse. Anyway... Using any of the Sentinel T1 or T2 powers *last* can often guarantee a triggering of the Opportunity mechanic without a lot of conscious thought by the player. Its just muscle memory at that point.  Why though?

OK, so the carrier power for opportunity, like Burst, *can not* be the one that both meets the condition (90% meter) and also be the trigger at the same time. Therefore, you want your attack powers to go in an order that builds you 90-100% meter *before* you use a power like Burst. Adding it last makes it a lot more mindless and removes decision making in the heat of the moment. It is also, almost always, a significant way to increase your damage on single targets. 

[Edit 2: OK, So I know I harp a lot about single target, but "ugh I can't kill bosses" or "ugh, I do Defender damage*" is a common complaint in Sentinel-land. Its where my head is at when trying to present ways to fix it. The AoE is often overstated as a problem given that most teams at a high level are all leap frogging Judgment powers in the first place.  *I can make some reasonably powerful Defenders so this comment of doing Defender damage is almost always a "lawlz, have you see what some Defenders are capable of" in my head. However, I understand the sentiment of beating enemies to death with a wet rag versus the perception of using a sledgehammer.]

Now, AOE tips. 

Meter building for Opportunity is going to be entirely different with AoE powers and especially so due to Flamethrower cheese.  For absolute overkill on meter generation, slot the full 6pc Opportunity Strikes set into Flamethrower. Open with this power against multiple targets. You will likely fill your bar to 100% (you actually can gain WAY more than 100pts of opportunity with this which is wasted) immediately. Opportunity lasts 15 seconds. Flamethrower can easily be available every 5 seconds meaning you can potentially be near 100% uptime when you have a target rich environment. The Opportunity damage buff, from Burst, is going to be better than the defensive one for Regen, imo.  So again, use Burst.  

Another fun benefit of really high recharge is having Full Auto available ever 22~ seconds. If you put the Superior Ward set into FA, then you 95% enhanced recharge in that power (helps get you that sub 24-25second time with global recharge). You will also proc that absorb every time you use FA, but the ward proc is pretty crappy.

[Edit 3: The above on FA availability also dovetails into Aim availability. Sentinels get access to Aim. Other versions of AR do not. This can allow for minimal slotting effort in Aim. Like, 1 Gaussian chance for buildup plus 1 common lvl 50 recharge IO. This can allow for a nice Aim -> FA -> AOE Spam rotation nearly every spawn which can be easy to overlook and ignore as a benefit. You combine that with the bug in Flamethrower, and you can have some decent (though not great) AoE potential on Sentinel AR. You're not going to impress the hardcore Blaster fans (ever!), but you're going to contribute far more than some may think.]

So, in Buckshot and M30 Grenade you could go with some minor set bonuses, again, to explore procs. You may want one Knockback to Knockdown conversion, but you could also add Positron's Blast, Bombardment, Explosive Strikes, Force Feedback, Annihilation, and so on.

What about defense? Obviously pushing damage slotting like this isn't going to stack much defense. You could still get to 16-22% positional defenses and likely much higher on Energy/Negative by using Weave, Maneuvers, and Stealth/Hover/Combat Jumping. 

[Edit 4: There is a strength in keeping range on Sentinel Regen. One of the big hazards of playing Regen is being in melee range where enemies can pound on your low defenses and resistance. The base regen rate can't keep up (Boost rates with Instant Healing and Destiny Healing can be significant though). This is less of a problem if you can maintain range for longer. Enemies like the Cimo's have 1 range attack but multiple broadsword attacks. It is better to risk their javelin toss vs being in range of taking Hack, Disembowl, or Headsplitter. Therefore, you don't need to max stack defense/resistance on a Sentinel like you may on a melee and this too is why Regen feels so much better on the AT. A passive regenerating absorb barrier is also nice to have.]

This is like managing a scale. On one end you have damage. On the other hand you have defense. You could make this pretty tanky but do pitiful damage. You could build for more damage and be more fragile. You don't really get both with this pairing. Still, this long article on how to squeeze the most damage out of Sentinel AR *may* be helpful. Maybe not. 🙂 

Going to jump around a bit.

Glad to know I was thinking the same as you with the IO sets in full auto and flame thrower. 
Also the Cimo Broadsword attacks have a defense debuff.  I have been trying to solo ITF on a petless mastermind and this is where I get crushed all the time if it is not the 3rd mission fight with 2  AV.. I get double hit from a CIMO BS attack and I die right off because I can't heal back fast enough.

I also agree on the regen being in melee. Just not enough to sustain you. 

Unfortunately I am not in love with Resistance builds. I tried one once and I just hated it.. I just could not survive on a 3/8 setting. The Trapdoor mission for incarnates unlock is my main test. If I can do 3/8 on that mission then everything is good.  I know some are not fans of min and maxing.. 

Oddly enough I can relate to your chipping away at a boss comment but more with my petless masterminds. 

Based on what comments above I can see some changes in my build. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

Ok, some nice people in the servers gave a quick look to my crap build and told me to fix some things so here is the new build I have come up with.

Unlike Plainguy build, which is good and focused on defenses and some resists I decided to create one based mostly on resists , this is a work in progress so please help me make it better 😄

Hero Profile:

Level 8: Slug

Level 10: Aim

Level 12: Super Speed

Level 14: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Stealth

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime

• (37) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

• (39) Salvo - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Salvo - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Salvo - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Range

• (A) Titanium Coating - Resistance
  • (34) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage

• (A) Doctored Wounds - Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Doctored Wounds - Recharge

Level 38: Combat Jumping

Here is my thought on this.. 
MOG is up every 90 seconds. On a 3/8 setting I am guessing it will take you close to 90 seconds to clear out a full group or even 2 if they are close enough with MOG active. 

Here is my thoughts though on Resistance VS Defense. 
You have 50% resistance but minimal defenses.
Here is the Excerpt from my signature

10% & 15% defense.
The idea here is that you're a mid-high level squishy who, while not obsessed with IO's, is trying to get a little survivability out of his build. Remember the zero defense case? It was dismal, but just to re-hash it: Even level minion hits you 50% of the time, +1 LTs hit you 63% of the time, and +2 bosses hit you 78% of the time. The LT will likely land three out of five swings and the boss will likely land four out of five.

45% defense.

Even level minions now only hit 5% of the time. Now, after thirteen attacks, it is still likely (51.3% to be exact) that you have dodged all of them. Series of five attacks: The chance of getting hit by two or more is only 2.3%, and that never happens.

Now a +2 boss shows up and you laugh. He only has a 7.8% chance to hit you, which works out so that he's only likely to have hit you by the ninth swing. This is why hitting the soft cap is important, only 10% more defense than the last case, and you're likely to dodge three times as many attacks. In a series of five attacks, it is only 5.2% likely that he has hit you two or more times.

With soft-capped defense, that AV has a surprisingly low 10.5% chance to hit you.  With 45% defense, a +4 AV will only hit you one time in ten.

Lets simply discuss the scenarios talking about minions, 8 minions total.

45% Defense.
1 in 13 chances to get hit. You get hit on the 13th time.
They do 100 pts of damage each, lets assume smash lethal since it is the highest on both builds. 
30% resistance = 70pts of damage x 8 = 560 pts on the 13th HIT.

10% Defense 

50% hit you. So out of 13 swings ( make it 12) 6 hit.

100pts of damage 

50% resistance =50pts x 6 hits per minion x 8 minions = 2,400

Again MOG can make this a moot point.. You will be capped. 
This only matters in the moments MOG is down or you aggro extra mobs as MOG is going down. 

But waiting for MOG to be up all the time will slow down your play time.

One luck inspiration 12.5%  will put my Melee defense cap to 44 for 60 seconds. So I would be Melee and Range Defense capped. 
MOG 90 seconds.. 

You get where I am going.

I would have to joust mobs if not flying with a temp jetpack for 30 seconds waiting for MOG to pop up. 

On my build I would swap around stuff like oldskool mentioned. 

I would at my damage on my attacks compared to yours. My full auto is doing 100 more dps. 

6 slot incinerator with some procs bring up that damage. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, oldskool said:

I was in the middle of writing a reply before Plainguy chimed in to add more context and I had to drop it. So, my apologies because without more information you can get mi

Wow ... thats amazing INFO! 😄

I mean ... wow literally haha! Thank you!

I must confess a lot of the info at a glance is a bit hard to understand (english is not main language) but I can see where you are going!

All this makes me know I have a ton to go still in learning how to build things in mids and in game hhehe!

Super hug to you.

Now I need to see how this becomes a solid build

28 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Here is my thought on this.. 
MOG is up every 90 seconds. On a 3/8 setting I am guessing it will take you close to 90 seconds to clear out a full group or even 2 if they are close enough with MOG active. 

Here is my thoughts though on Resistance VS Defense. 
You have 50% resistance but minimal defenses.
Here is the Excerpt from my signature

10% & 15% defense.
The idea here is that you're a mid-high level squishy who, while not obsessed with IO's, is trying to get a little survivability out of his build. Remember the zero defense case? It was dismal, but just to re-hash it: Even level minion hits you 50% of the time, +1 LTs hit you 63% of the time, and +2 bosses hit you 78% of the time. The LT will likely land three out of five swings and the boss will likely land four out of five.

45% defense.

Even level minions now only hit 5% of the time. Now, after thirteen attacks, it is still likely (51.3% to be exact) that you have dodged all of them. Series of five attacks: The chance of getting hit by two or more is only 2.3%, and that never happens.

Now a +2 boss shows up and you laugh. He only has a 7.8% chance to hit you, which works out so that he's only likely to have hit you by the ninth swing. This is why hitting the soft cap is important, only 10% more defense than the last case, and you're likely to dodge three times as many attacks. In a series of five attacks, it is only 5.2% likely that he has hit you two or more times.

With soft-capped defense, that AV has a surprisingly low 10.5% chance to hit you.  With 45% defense, a +4 AV will only hit you one time in ten.

Lets simply discuss the scenarios talking about minions, 8 minions total.

45% Defense.
1 in 13 chances to get hit. You get hit on the 13th time.
They do 100 pts of damage each, lets assume smash lethal since it is the highest on both builds. 
30% resistance = 70pts of damage x 8 = 560 pts on the 13th HIT.

10% Defense 

50% hit you. So out of 13 swings ( make it 12) 6 hit.

100pts of damage 

50% resistance =50pts x 6 hits per minion x 8 minions = 2,400

Again MOG can make this a moot point.. You will be capped. 
This only matters in the moments MOG is down or you aggro extra mobs as MOG is going down. 

But waiting for MOG to be up all the time will slow down your play time.

One luck inspiration 12.5%  will put my Melee defense cap to 44 for 60 seconds. So I would be Melee and Range Defense capped. 
MOG 90 seconds.. 

You get where I am going.

I would have to joust mobs if not flying with a temp jetpack for 30 seconds waiting for MOG to pop up. 

On my build I would swap around stuff like oldskool mentioned. 

I would at my damage on my attacks compared to yours. My full auto is doing 100 more dps. 

6 slot incinerator with some procs bring up that damage. 

Ohh I see, I still get confused a bit about the resists defense thing, thank you for clearly explaining it ... obviously defense is much better and I was always going for resists.

So your original build is still workable? Would you change anything? Wondering to use it as a template then and focus on sheer defense.

Ok just spent the past hour and a half watching Hellraiser and trying to come up with something that merges Oldskool ideas with the basic build from Plainguy focused on defense and came up with ... this.

So again, please tell me if this ok, bad, wrong, what could I change?

I lost a lot of recharge but took oldskool proc ideas for burst, slug , m30 and basic attack powers + plainguy build focused on the regeneration side with an eye to keep mostly ranged defense up following the oldskool philosophy of staying at range all the time and running away when things begin to creep up on you.

Hero Profile:

• (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (5) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (5) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (11) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage

• (15) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (31) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (36) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

• (A) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage
  • (11) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Artillery - Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
  • (37) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range

Level 4: Combat Jumping

• (31) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (42) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (43) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • (46) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

• (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (9) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (9) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 8: Super Speed

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (40) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 10: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 12: Quick Recovery

• (42) Performance Shifter - EndMod

• (15) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 16: M30 Grenade

• (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (25) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)

Level 18: Flamethrower

• (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (23) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity

Level 20: Reconstruction

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 22: Instant Regeneration

• (A) Harmonized Healing - Heal/Endurance

Level 24: Dismiss Pain

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

• (27) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 28: Integration

• (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb

Level 35: Tough

• (43) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (43) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist
  • (45) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance
  • (45) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End
  • (46) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance

Level 38: Weave

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (39) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (39) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (40) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 41: Maneuvers

• (42) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (48) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (50) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 44: Tactics

• (A) Encouraged Accuracy - To Hit Buff
  • (45) Encouraged Accuracy - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (46) Encouraged Accuracy - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance

• (48) Recharge Reduction IO

• (A) Empty

-----------------

Suggestions welcome!  I truly like oldskool slotting suggestions and rotation ... currently trying to see if I can bind Build Up to fire whenever I press Incinerate and similar powers than can benefit greatly from it...

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

Ohh I see, I still get confused a bit about the resists defense thing, thank you for clearly explaining it ... obviously defense is much better and I was always going for resists.

So your original build is still workable? Would you change anything? Wondering to use it as a template then and focus on sheer defense.

This is what I came up with

First off not much you can swap out.. 

Incinerator IO sets do not have a lot of damage procs.. Only 1.. 

M30 Grenade and Buckshot have a few..

So those 2 slots left.

1 went into Incinerator  for the build up proc.  This thread :https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/5290-procs-per-minute-ppm-information-guide/ says it procs every tick.

This link https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=sentinel_ranged.assault_rifle.incinerator&at=sentinel says it ticks every .25 second for 2.5 seconds.. So that is 10 ticks for it to proc. Build up.

Tactics has the build up proc as well, but that works with more people in the group..

I changed up M30 if you look at this build and the first build I posted..

IF you use Musculature Incarnate you can do the same thing to buckshot I did with M30..  

Again slug has the same IO sets as incinerator so no damage procs.

Hero Profile:
Level 24: M30 Grenade -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(25), ExpStr-Dam%(25), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27), JvlVll-Dam%(46)
Level 26: Flamethrower -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(29)
Level 30: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Incinerator -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 41: Full Auto -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(43)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Boost 
------------

|MxDz;1490;684;1368;HEX;|
|78DAA5944B6F12511480EFC0002D4F1181969656A095F758FC051A6B13B54D2AD09|
|AB821042E30860C84C1D8FE0D376ED4AAF1B9F627B831B52F775AEBCA75D585465D|
|8D8739E74A4D974E72E79B3967CE7BEE5D5A9B77371A0BE799E4BDD8AEEA7AA5C4B|
|5BEAAF1B6A35453B956E36C7039604585A652AC6A4D5E572EE87AF556BB5F29AA8D|
|361F6AE779836B3A578ABCC935DEABF6D58EE6BFACB5780FBE50C48373B9D3692BA|
|52EE775B7F9B8C8AB5D556B7ACC9705B5D9026F4D9F50D5794F6FA9DDC8A5AE5A53|
|FE865AAAD638DCF43EEFAD8F418A0AAC3749B84966D60663050B2C99155343A18DA|
|D4AA6D0BB823C718D5844264AC85019594A095B6658A5DF5653287F27FE44DA7F21|
|CBF0B1952249D6BB18DE7E0799803EDAC893643B40A1771F1902A543E4E87062EC1|
|117D18D747A885EA4DB875C81B0A3A2EAD1AB288C834797C8C595656841B480D223|
|2C3C65405C66ABE0C62784BE432C69133AEA1789F9AD3653785226DA90A7EC44073|
|23482BC0E1E03C2638012B342ECA01006C3F01495D93684098B30E1DBD09480CCC6|
|D688EBC88805DD463ECB26F371CC71078CC785F1F8162A4F6F137788BBC8D81E72F|
|21DF2559AB109329627CEA1C7491AF0D40F220D788A06BE0511A3344B16DDC019CA|
|50D8B448639A6618A319CED00C1334C304CD3046337C0B1EE3E4D116BF8F633AF38|
|0B8417C889C79447C8CDC05E35951C32C1927C93849C6C91CE69EB907EF4999ED81|
|514A444CBDC76EA43F10F7891F919903E227A41F6ACD8A5AB3546B8E6ACD51AD39A|
|A354FB5E6A9D600182BC2587982DD3BFB94F88CF81C5978417C89BC0139CF896D34|
|17448F05FAAF6FA6CDAD3ED8668631293371198377C3608BC745CBF2708333C9141|
|D3A8F9E22A6E8CB71D1D7232289C5B0B9962B92D9DC6FFF28E924B0D049F03A333C|
|09FEFFDAF48353E1ED0FAD4B1C3F|

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

This is what I came up with

First off not much you can swap out.. 

Incinerator IO sets do not have a lot of damage procs.. Only 1.. 

M30 Grenade and Buckshot have a few..

So those 2 slots left.

1 went into Incinerator  for the build up proc.  This thread :https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/5290-procs-per-minute-ppm-information-guide/ says it procs every tick.

This link https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=sentinel_ranged.assault_rifle.incinerator&at=sentinel says it ticks every .25 second for 2.5 seconds.. So that is 10 ticks for it to proc. Build up.

Tactics has the build up proc as well, but that works with more people in the group..

I changed up M30 if you look at this build and the first build I posted..

IF you use Musculature Incarnate you can do the same thing to buckshot I did with M30..  

Again slug has the same IO sets as incinerator so no damage procs.

Hero Profile:
Level 24: M30 Grenade -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(25), ExpStr-Dam%(25), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(27), JvlVll-Dam%(46)
Level 26: Flamethrower -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(29)
Level 38: Incinerator -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Dcm-Build%(43)
Level 41: Full Auto -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(43)
------------

|MxDz;1490;684;1368;HEX;|
|78DAA5944B6F12511480EFC0002D4F1181969656A095F758FC051A6B13B54D2AD09|
|AB821042E30860C84C1D8FE0D376ED4AAF1B9F627B831B52F775AEBCA75D585465D|
|8D8739E74A4D974E72E79B3967CE7BEE5D5A9B77371A0BE799E4BDD8AEEA7AA5C4B|
|5BEAAF1B6A35453B956E36C7039604585A652AC6A4D5E572EE87AF556BB5F29AA8D|
|361F6AE779836B3A578ABCC935DEABF6D58EE6BFACB5780FBE50C48373B9D3692BA|
|52EE775B7F9B8C8AB5D556B7ACC9705B5D9026F4D9F50D5794F6FA9DDC8A5AE5A53|
|FE865AAAD638DCF43EEFAD8F418A0AAC3749B84966D60663050B2C99155343A18DA|
|D4AA6D0BB823C718D5844264AC85019594A095B6658A5DF5653287F27FE44DA7F21|
|CBF0B1952249D6BB18DE7E0799803EDAC893643B40A1771F1902A543E4E87062EC1|
|117D18D747A885EA4DB875C81B0A3A2EAD1AB288C834797C8C595656841B480D223|
|2C3C65405C66ABE0C62784BE432C69133AEA1789F9AD3653785226DA90A7EC44073|
|23482BC0E1E03C2638012B342ECA01006C3F01495D93684098B30E1DBD09480CCC6|
|D688EBC88805DD463ECB26F371CC71078CC785F1F8162A4F6F137788BBC8D81E72F|
|21DF2559AB109329627CEA1C7491AF0D40F220D788A06BE0511A3344B16DDC019CA|
|50D8B448639A6618A319CED00C1334C304CD3046337C0B1EE3E4D116BF8F633AF38|
|0B8417C889C79447C8CDC05E35951C32C1927C93849C6C91CE69EB907EF4999ED81|
|514A444CBDC76EA43F10F7891F919903E227A41F6ACD8A5AB3546B8E6ACD51AD39A|
|A354FB5E6A9D600182BC2587982DD3BFB94F88CF81C5978417C89BC0139CF896D34|
|17448F05FAAF6FA6CDAD3ED8668631293371198377C3608BC745CBF2708333C9141|
|D3A8F9E22A6E8CB71D1D7232289C5B0B9962B92D9DC6FFF28E924B0D049F03A333C|
|09FEFFDAF48353E1ED0FAD4B1C3F|

Amazing!

I have further tweaked the build to get defenses in three areas to 40 (super close to yours except ranged where you get 5% more)also up all resists when defense fails a bit more (with a bit better placed scaling resist damage IO)  and under ideal situations to get a much better dps burst with your build up chance idea in Incinerate (about 30 more damage in incinerate than your build(under optimal conditions of course)

You have given me so many ideas! ... I also decided to keep oldskool basic rotation powers more or less intact (burst had to suffer a slot reduction) but changed tactics to fully emulate your build for that extra final push into ranged defense, which as you explained is much much better than resists.

The thing with this build, which started mostly as roleplaying build using sadly the most underpowered power sets in COH  is that now it is not so subpar as I have tried to keep both of your visions into a build that takes a bit of everything from your amazing ideas.

I know I could take some slots from other powers here and there, but I think this is as close as I can get with my own limited building skill sets haha.

The problem my build has as I have tried it is that I have compared to yours is I have  less endurance recovery which means I will get out of blue much quicker than you but with a substantial(to the eye in paper)  pump in potential DPS sacrificing about 5% in defenses if I keep oldskool rotation idea.

To be in line I need to find a way to make incinerate always call up build up , and someone was telling me most farmers use a keybind of sorts that does this to gobble up inspirations on the go, so I will have to look into that as it can be worked to make certain attacks always try to press a specific power if available when using them.

Compare your latest one to this one, tell me what you think? Dont mind the weird slotting level placement , such trivialities are gone when respeccing as I tried to make a leveling build that will help me when I am exemplared down so I can get access to most attacks and supports for solo/mishes/tfs that are not 50 and mids is hell to reallocate slots when moving powers here and there.

------------------

Hero Profile:

• (5) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (11) Numina's Convalesence - Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 4: Super Speed

• (9) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 8: Quick Recovery

Level 10: Combat Jumping

• (36) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge

Level 16: Hasten

• (27) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 22: Dismiss Pain

Level 24: Instant Regeneration

• (33) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (15) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 30: Integration

• (39) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime

Level 35: Maneuvers

Level 38: Tactics

• (15) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (42) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (39) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (39) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (40) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance

Level 41: Kick

• (A) Kinetic Combat - Knockdown Bonus

Level 44: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (40) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 47: Weave

• (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (45) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense

Level 49: Moment of Glory

• (A) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus

------------------

Love this thread is so good 🙂

Thank you all! Please keep the critiques going! I love them!

Wrong build posted - fixed

17 hours ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

Amazing!

I have further tweaked the build to get defenses in three areas to 40 (super close to yours except ranged where you get 5% more)also up all resists when defense fails a bit more (with a bit better placed scaling resist damage IO)  and under ideal situations to get a much better dps burst with your build up chance idea in Incinerate (about 30 more damage in incinerate than your build(under optimal conditions of course)

You have given me so many ideas! ... I also decided to keep oldskool basic rotation powers more or less intact (burst had to suffer a slot reduction) but changed tactics to fully emulate your build for that extra final push into ranged defense, which as you explained is much much better than resists.

The thing with this build, which started mostly as roleplaying build using sadly the most underpowered power sets in COH  is that now it is not so subpar as I have tried to keep both of your visions into a build that takes a bit of everything from your amazing ideas.

I know I could take some slots from other powers here and there, but I think this is as close as I can get with my own limited building skill sets haha.

The problem my build has as I have tried it is that I have compared to yours is I have  less endurance recovery which means I will get out of blue much quicker than you but with a substantial(to the eye in paper)  pump in potential DPS sacrificing about 5% in defenses if I keep oldskool rotation idea.

To be in line I need to find a way to make incinerate always call up build up , and someone was telling me most farmers use a keybind of sorts that does this to gobble up inspirations on the go, so I will have to look into that as it can be worked to make certain attacks always try to press a specific power if available when using them.

Compare your latest one to this one, tell me what you think? Dont mind the weird slotting level placement , such trivialities are gone when respeccing as I tried to make a leveling build that will help me when I am exemplared down so I can get access to most attacks and supports for solo/mishes/tfs that are not 50 and mids is hell to reallocate slots when moving powers here and there.

------------------

Hero Profile:

------------------

The DPS numbers look good. You re doing more damage then my build with full auto. 
The problem you will have is endurance. But if you go Cardiac you will be okay.. 
But let me look it over see if I can get the same numbers with DPS. I am not crazy about the 6 slotting of Tough but I get it.. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

Amazing!

------------------

Hero Profile:

------------------

26 minutes ago, plainguy said:

The DPS numbers look good. You re doing more damage then my build with full auto. 
The problem you will have is endurance. But if you go Cardiac you will be okay.. 
But let me look it over see if I can get the same numbers with DPS. I am not crazy about the 6 slotting of Tough but I get it.. 

No clue where you are getting some extra DPS because the sets you changed do not give you extra DPS.. 

I am going to manually copy your build over to a clean MIDs to see. 

I got the same recharge as you. I was able to get my resistances a few points lower then yours.

Again I was working on keeping the endurance in at a safe range

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, plainguy said:

Again I was working on keeping the endurance in at a safe range

Once you finish setting it up share it! The more builds for these odd powerset combos the better for all of us that like sents! 😄

Okay first off I discovered some issues with your build.

• You put level 40 IOs in integration and instant regeneration. Which gave you 2 percent less regeneration. 
  • You had AIM and SPRINT on..

With AIM on and SPRINT on  you were doing over 100 DPS more compared to my build and your endurance was way high..  
Once I turned them off things were back to normal and Musculature was still the incarnate to pick..

So making some changes and looking at what you did.. We are dam close to splitting hairs here..
If you pull both builds up side by side. you can see the differences that are slight.. 

So this is my build based on those changes.. 

I also noticed a BUG that some times you need to remove and then re-add an IO to see changes. 
Example Decimation Chance for Build Up IO.. I had to remove and add it to your build because at one point it wasn't registering so you were doing less DPS. 

Here are some screen shots of the stats.

You are red and I am blue, also added My Build  & Your Build

mybuild.PNG.7852ab749405f1cfcd92da5f14c6f927.PNGyourbulid.PNG.61e79f67d3eec58a726aaea9819d965e.PNG

The one thing I tried to play around with is M30.

So If you look at my build but then decide to make changes to this setting to M30. It says that Full Auto can or recharge in 20 seconds which is 8 seconds down from 28 seconds.
Assuming the Force Feed Back proc goes off.   Of course all powers get a recharge reduction as well. Just that Full Auto is the biggest change.
m30recharge.PNG.1abc77fa99db9a9193aa336b5fc77c6c.PNG

I think the biggest issue/difference between the two builds is the Force Feedback going off. Only because you get Full Auto up 8 seconds faster.. 

The only other difference is my build is doing 5 more points of DPS then your build, which is no big deal honestly.

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(9), BlsoftheZ-Travel(11), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 35: Slug -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(39)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

|MxDz;1425;686;1372;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EF74A6144A1FD6F286822D8F162823F51368441205126C0|
|11337A429B7654C33349D1AE16BB871A3B2F1B9F623B831C8CB9DA2AE5CA3266AD4|
|D57898F3BF56C32433BF9973CFFBDE330B9B33A17279F6A2D02297AB45C7592D48B|
|B61D9B21A28942C6997A438B9027427D4CA6ABE6857E49A79C9718AB7AB8DD5BC55|
|AECAE6EA8C2C4BDB91665E56A42DEBC586B561C7AEDAEBB24E1AA67A092E6E6C54C|