The little things...

Snarky

Okay...so everything pisses me off.  But sometimes it really is just the little things in unlife.

Today I decided to do some badging.  Spectral in PO, surprisingly easy once you take the perfect zinger proc out of taunt.  Done.

Off to Boomtown for WarWalkers.  I had about half done when the Goliath spawned.  a few minutes after that three players entered the zone.  They start going off about how great it is.  Then sit there.  Not recruiting, on any public channel anywhere.  No one joining them.  Minutes stretching out into a significant chunk of time.  Nothing.  Meanwhile...the warwalkers stopped spawning because there are peeps right on the spawn points.  sigh.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Off to Boomtown for WarWalkers.  I had about half done when the Goliath spawned.  a few minutes after that three players entered the zone.  They start going off about how great it is.  Then sit there.  Not recruiting, on any public channel anywhere.  No one joining them.  Minutes stretching out into a significant chunk of time.  Nothing.  Meanwhile...the warwalkers stopped spawning because there are peeps right on the spawn points.  sigh.

I'm thinking perhaps you are angry at yourself? That could have been an easily controlled situation that you could have took the reigns on and got the results you desired. PuG team members, BC in LFG/Badge channels, and voila the perfect results, instead you grumbled to yourself about the damn kids on the lawn and when it failed you felt justified you got the results that you obviously knew were going to happen.

C'mon Snark you're old enough to know you gotta hold the hand of these kids and show 'em how it's done. Next time get off your lawn chair, come down off the porch, and show the neighborhood kids that you're still billy badass.

Edited by The_Warpact
misspelling
  • Thumbs Up 4

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

13 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I'm thinking perhaps you are angry at yourself? That could have been an easily controlled situation that you could have took the reigns on and got the results you desired. PuG team members, BC in LFG/Badge channels, and voila the perfect results, instead you grumbled to yourself about the damn kids on the lawn and when it failed you felt justified you got the results that you obviously knew were going to happen.

C'mon Snark you're old enough to know you gotta hold the hand of these kids and show 'em how it's done. Next time get off your lawn chair, come down off the porch, and show the neighborhood kids that you're still billy badass.

yeah, not really into holding hands.  

Instead my strategy consisted of this:  

1) kill time by posting on forums

2) kill the 2-3 WW that were spawning somewhatregularly

3) When they finally jumped at the Giant WW I waded in and helped so i got merits

4) watched the exodus from the zone and finished my badge

Then i headed to St martial and got Family Bosses.  never anyone in the Redside haunts.  I love Redside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went about soloing every GM/AV, etc., at one point in time. And any AT or powerset can do it too with little effort or care by opening up the auction house and spamming inspiration. Other times I've done the recruiting, waited patiently to make sure all the interested badgers are brought in. Other times I've seen it, reported it in the badge channel, then moved along.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

There are many things to hunt for defeat badges. When someone "interferes" with my hunting, I go hunt something somewhere else.

My particular about hunting for defeat badges is that I want to do it myself when street hunting. So I decline attempts at teaming to do them. I'll move elsewhere if someone(s) start hunting in my area. The exceptions are 500 skulls, or Croatoa hunts (333 each). No, I don't want to do missions with those particular mobs in them specifically for the badges, except maybe Moonfire. 

My favorite: outcast bosses in Steel Canyon. When your level is in the teens (10-20) and you hunt those bosses about +1 or +2 levels you get about a bar of experience per killed defeated boss. I like Steel Canyon as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

There are many things to hunt for defeat badges. When someone "interferes" with my hunting, I go hunt something somewhere else.

My particular about hunting for defeat badges is that I want to do it myself when street hunting. So I decline attempts at teaming to do them. I'll move elsewhere if someone(s) start hunting in my area. The exceptions are 500 skulls, or Croatoa hunts (333 each). No, I don't want to do missions with those particular mobs in them specifically for the badges, except maybe Moonfire. 

My favorite: outcast bosses in Steel Canyon. When your level is in the teens (10-20) and you hunt those bosses about +1 or +2 levels you get about a bar of experience per killed defeated boss. I like Steel Canyon as well. 

I do that and go to Skyway for bosses as well. Sometimes other people are hunting the same mobs.  Gotta do what you gotta do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

the Flop in St Martial is the redside traditional way.  1-2 bosses per spawn in an endless figure 8 around two bldgs

Interesting.

Being a bluesider I go to Striga, especially at night when they and warrior bosses are setting up bombs. So I can hunt for two different badges and blow up bombs at the same time.

Edited by gamingglen
emphasize the night part
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, gamingglen said:

Interesting.

Being a bluesider I go to Striga, especially at night when they and warrior bosses are setting up bombs. So I can hunt for two different badges and blow up bombs at the same time.

i poked around the docks in striga.  there are few family bosses and no warrior bosses i could find.  family bosses are a never ending train in the far corner of the flop in st martial.  i still need the warrior boss badge though.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, Snarky said:

2) kill the 2-3 WW that were spawning somewhatregularly

You probably are aware, but maybe not. 
Assuming nobody has disturbed the area prior to your visit in the past couple of minutes, there should be 8 of the ww bosses to tackle. 

Roughly, the /loc for them are: 

[2417.4 0.0 3781.0]

[2334.6 0.0 3963.1]

[2591.9 -0.5 4039.9]

[2879.3 -0.5 3571.1]

[2529.5 0.0 3569.6]

[2426.6 -0.0 3672.5]

[2432.9 0.0 3885.5]

[2625.8 1.0 4446.0]

My strategy is generally to zip in between missions. If there are players there, ignore them and move on. Usually there's nobody. I just circle through, get the 8, then re-circle, and usually a few have respawned. 

Repeat 10x, and done. Usually. Sometimes one more trip, sometimes, one less. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1