Hunt down Shen...

Robin1996ify

I've got this mission from Bobcat and I've thought that this will be another mission where I will be ambushed by few groups of three enemies while I attack the boss. Seriously, OVER 20 ENEMIES ALL OVER ME? The enemies aren't in higher levels which is good, but their attacks can put a significant amount of damage on my character and I would die several times before even finding Shen himself.

Is there any good tips/strategy to tackle this particular mission? Or is there some good mix of enhancements?

Heroes, villains, no problem.

Have some cookies, you're welcome. 😄

Cookies.jpg.2b22cf3d06af9c1b815c84046ae060bb.jpg

32 minutes ago, Robin1996ify said:

I've got this mission from Bobcat and I've thought that this will be another mission where I will be ambushed by few groups of three enemies while I attack the boss. Seriously, OVER 20 ENEMIES ALL OVER ME? The enemies aren't in higher levels which is good, but their attacks can put a significant amount of damage on my character and I would die several times before even finding Shen himself.

Is there any good tips/strategy to tackle this particular mission? Or is there some good mix of enhancements?

What AT are you playing?

Other options are to turn off bosses when solo. So, you can kill Shen quicker, before being overwhelmed.

Level up using some other missions, come back to this mission over leveled.

20 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

What AT are you playing?

Other options are to turn off bosses when solo. So, you can kill Shen quicker, before being overwhelmed.

Level up using some other missions, come back to this mission over leveled.

Corruptor.

There are options to turn off bosses? Where? How?

1 minute ago, Robin1996ify said:

Corruptor.

There are options to turn off bosses? Where? How?

This only works if you are solo. Bosses will return if you team up.

In the lower right corner of your chat window is a button.

Find the notoriety settings, Solo bosses, No.

3 hours ago, Robin1996ify said:

Let us know if what we posted helped. There are other ways, like us helping you directly on whatever server you're playing.

If this is the mission I think it is... yeah, it's over the top with ambushes, even for Praetoria.  I want to say it's probably an homage to that Crazy 88 fight scene in Kill Bill.  They just keep coming.  Huge waves of them.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

For general advice...

• helps to keep moving and ambush them round a corner so they have to come up to you rather than shoot from across the room.
  • if you do IO's as you level, a panacea proc in health can help a lot on maintenance heals and keeping blue bar going on protracted fights.
  • they will KEEP coming. This is a mission where it helps to start with a lot of Luck inspirations. I like to save some for Shen himself, but sometimes you need to pop 1-2 getting up to him if you get an ambush combined with a normal spawn of syndicate.

For a corruptor, depends a lot on your powerset. 

Some, like Traps, Dark, Rad, Poison Trick Arrow, or Storm can do verrrry well ambushing them around a corner.  Debuff and burn. 

Kin, you can keep your siphons rolling and heal in between burning. Can be edge of a knife, but can be fun, too.

If you have Thermal, Sonic, Cold, Elec Affin, Empath, Pain, etc.  .... I would team or drop the difficulty considerably. They're solid sets but some are more team-focused and at that level, you don't necessarily have access to certain powers. 

While I rarely see lots of people forming groups goldside, I suspect if you ask in chat and say "Hey guys, I need a hand here." you'll find people glad to hop over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Robin1996ify said:

I've got this mission from Bobcat and I've thought that this will be another mission where I will be ambushed by few groups of three enemies while I attack the boss. Seriously, OVER 20 ENEMIES ALL OVER ME?

This would be "Welcome to Ambushville, AKA Praetoria." One of the later devs loved ambushes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just the 20?  This is the mission that gives the message on completion: “You defeated Shen and probably every last Go Ganger in Imperial City.”  By the time you’re done, that seems about right.

….unless you’re playing a stalker, where you run in, quickly take down Shen, then run out.  Or this is one of those missions where the adds completely ignore stealth?

Buy Reveal from p2w and use it at start of map so you can figure out your pathing. If I remember there is an elevator in between the two maps.

You can just run past the ambushes to elevators/Shen, pop some lucks and burst him down. Mob reaction times are fairly slow and it'll take them a good second or two to realize they've been aggroed and by then you'll already be out of range so they have to chase you.

If you stick around and fight the ambush you are digging your own grave. Getting a stealth proc in sprint or total invis via stealth sprint + super speed can help you zip to the objective, though invis is not much help in this mission because the ambushes will follow you. You can also set your rep to -1 to make the ambushes a bit less threatening.

TL:DR, don't stand around and fight the ambush, run past them and go straight for Shen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

9 hours ago, Zhym said:

Just the 20?  This is the mission that gives the message on completion: “You defeated Shen and probably every last Go Ganger in Imperial City.”  By the time you’re done, that seems about right.

….unless you’re playing a stalker, where you run in, quickly take down Shen, then run out.  Or this is one of those missions where the adds completely ignore stealth?

Afaik, Praetorian ambushes can't see through stealth but still know your location and follow you. They just can't attack unless your stealth is broken.

4 hours ago, A Cat said:

Afaik, Praetorian ambushes can't see through stealth but still know your location and follow you. They just can't attack unless your stealth is broken.

virtually certain they don't care about stealth and attack anyway. 

It's been most of a year since I did the mission on my Nin/Nin stalker, though.

Wasn't too bad on him, Caltrops and cone attacks and good basic defense got the job done. 

6 hours ago, A Cat said:

The ones in this mission are aggroed to you on spawning and will attack and break your stealth.

The "upside" is that they aren't really minions, they have less health than normal. The downside is no experience for them.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

It's been most of a year since I did the mission on my Nin/Nin stalker, though.

Wasn't too bad on him, Caltrops and cone attacks and good basic defense got the job done. 

This must be what made me think of the Kill Bill scene.  The first time I ever did this mission back on Live it was on a Nin/Nin Stalker.  Felt like I should have gone and gotten her the yellow track-suit and everything just to complete the picture. 🤪

But yeah, corners and caltrops and Flashing Steel.  Made that mission fun with that huge number of enemies chasing you all over the place.

• Like 2

90367128_Bydying.JPG.d00976bade38710fbcbb689b298fba8f.JPG

Okay, sorry for taking two days just to reply to this forum, but I FINALLY DID IT!! I managed to just run through the entire ambushes (Sprint and Stealth On-- for some reason the ambushers still follows me and attack me 😞 ), straight to the elevator, and kill Shi--- I mean Shen, and by the time they flooded me to kill me, the mission prompted me to find an exit. I died lol and let my character to be teleported to hospital instead, which ended the mission in positive note LOL.

Oh and I also found a way to set the enemies difficulty by going to that Power Division Dispatcher, that was near any trainer you find in the city.

CERES.JPG.bf0ef8b6453b9e79d7f84df02adcd3aa.JPG

So again, thanks for the useful advices, and kind of sorry that I didn't read all of them, only the first few replies I've got. And I ended up went running through the level...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. There are three ways ambushes respond when spawned:

- Go to predetermined point. You can dodge these just by moving over a little bit.

- Go to the point *you* were at when they spawned. Moving lets you dodge these.

- Heat/smell/body/radar/annoying-as-hell guidance which will follow you regardless of stealth, out into the game, out of the game into real life and show up to punch you when you're in the bathroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

28 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Yeah. There are three ways ambushes respond when spawned:

- Go to predetermined point. You can dodge these just by moving over a little bit.

- Go to the point *you* were at when they spawned. Moving lets you dodge these.

- Heat/smell/body/radar/annoying-as-hell guidance which will follow you regardless of stealth, out into the game, out of the game into real life and show up to punch you when you're in the bathroom.

That's okay. I already done the mission! Well, I still ended up dead, but at least I manage to beat Shen before dying!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2