"Reach for the Limit" is Broken, please fix.

TheWhiteLady

"Reach for the Limit" as available at lvl 4 from the Blaster Secondary "Martial Combat" is broken and adds no bonuses.

It appears to be described as a ''Build Up"-like power (+To Hit, +DMG (All)), but once taken it shows as always on, and cannot be slotted or enhanced.

Digging a little further, the "Detailed Info" on the Enhancement Management screen shows no stats, and no bonuses appear in any section of the Combat Attributes window.

IMHO, a click +DMG is a pretty essential power on any blaster - especially one with a snipe and boom - and one of the reasons I selected this set.

I'm hoping this is somehow just an oversight, but if not I will simply spec out of it and make the most of the rest of the set.

See comments for photos.

Love and gratitude to you all. ❤️ 

Edited by TheWhiteLady
Adding photos

It is set up a bit confusing. Digging through CoD, I noticed there is a hidden power that is granted when you own "Reach for the Limit". This hidden power grants you a proc that will have a chance to fire on all of your attacks. However, the PPM is 0.67, so it won't proc often.

Reach for the Limit (does nothing)

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_support.martial_manipulation.reach_for_the_limit&at=blaster

Hidden Reach for the Limit (you get this only if you own the actual Reach for the Limit), which grants all your attacks a proc

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_support.martial_manipulation.build_up_proc&at=blaster

Reach for the Limit Proc

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=temporary_powers.temporary_powers.reach_for_the_limit&at=blaster

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

I couldn't get it to trigger with any of my dual pistols attacks, but it seemed to trigger every time with Burst of Speed. I also got it a few times with storm kick.

Reachforthelimit.jpg

Oh! That's cool! I was able to get it to pop every time with "Burst of Speed" - so far the only thing I've tried that triggers it. Dragon's tail doesn't. It would actually be pretty cool if ''Phychic Focus'' (Psi's answer to ''Aim'') triggered it, but it doesn't. It'll definitely mean an adjustment in my play style... but hopefully they will make it a click like any other power of this type, and make it slottable. Also, the icon is wrong since it appears as primarily +DMG, but is in fact primarily a +To Hit.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by TheWhiteLady

I did some testing out of curiousity. I noticed if it procs more than once, it will not stack the buffs but will stack the durations (i think up to 3 times).

Using Psi Wail I saw I got 4 procs off one of my activations and it gave me a 15s buff every 20s three times. So from 0-15s, buff. 20s-35s, buff. 40s-55s, buff. Then it would end. That seems to match up with what was shown in the links I provided earlier.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

I did some testing out of curiousity. I noticed if it procs more than once, it will not stack the buffs but will stack the durations (i think up to 3 times).

Using Psi Wail I saw I got 4 procs off one of my activations and it gave me a 15s buff every 20s three times. So from 0-15s, buff. 20s-35s, buff. 40s-55s, buff. Then it would end. That seems to match up with what was shown in the links I provided earlier.

Very cool! and Great to know! I still wish it was a bit more reliable... but maybe I won't spec out of it just yet. Being slottable won't help with duration, but would help with amplitude of buffs.

42 minutes ago, TheWhiteLady said:

Very cool! and Great to know! I still wish it was a bit more reliable... but maybe I won't spec out of it just yet. Being slottable won't help with duration, but would help with amplitude of buffs.

You probably won't want to. I noticed your build is Psi/Martial. Reach for the Limit applies two damage buffs for Psionic damage (it won't show in combat attributes but you can see it in the links I posted above). So if Reach for the Limit procs, it's a 75% damage buff to Psi for 15s

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Major_Decoy said:

I'm guessing it doesn't, but that (all) just didn't include psi and toxic damage

I don't think that CoD plays games like that (human-readable short-descriptions in game definitely do play those kind of games, but CoD works off the actual power definitions).  For example, here's Concentration (the build up equivalent from Mental Manipulation):

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=blaster_support.mental_manipulation.build_up&at=blaster

It doesn't call out psi damage separate from other damage bonuses -- surely though Concentration does not fail to buff psi damage.

Print Screen key, paste into Paint or Control V, Selection option, square it, and copy, new file, slap the section onto the screen.  Keeps it nice and clean instead of a photo from your camera.  bit of work, but you could photo shop all three of the images into one file.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

14 hours ago, Bopper said:

So if Reach for the Limit procs, it's a 75% damage buff to Psi for 15s

What?

(Edit: Removed previous comments as they were in error)

Revised:

Did a quick test.  I'm no math expert, but Combat Attributes only showed a single 37.5% buff, and dmg of psi blasts seemed to gel with that based on anecdotal observation at lvl 10.

Is it possible that there are two different definitions of Dmg(all) that do/don't include Tox/Psi?

I can confirm beyond doubt that Concentration in Scrapper Psi Melee definitely boosts Psi dmg and is listed as a single Dmg(all) as in the Blaster version.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.