Have you ever...lost an alt?

Crysis

The very first character I made on HC was a Fire/Kin controller, specifically because I knew it could farm on just SO's.  I've long since upgraded it to IO's and seldom play it any longer.

But tonightI went looking for it...it's usually the first alt in my list of 10-12 pages of alts.  It's missing.  Not there.  One of my newer alts is in the number one spot.

I know I didn't delete it.  I understand how to delete and/or rename an alt.  I do it all the time.  Not this one.  It's "special" and I wouldn't do it.  It also had a fairly unusual name so would have been hard to accidentally delete it given the name confirmation part of the process.

Anyone ever have this happen?  I can just send a support ticket through but thought maybe it's a common issue.  I searched but didn't find an answer.

I have the game installed on an external SSD.  Had a problem with the OS spazzing out and telling me that the SSD was full a few weeks ago, and my entire character list had defaulted to order of creation.  That's the only issue I've had that's even close to what you're experiencing, @Crysis.  I have occasionally accidentally dragged a character to a different slot, but I was paying attention and moved it back immediately each time.

Open your playerslot.txt and run a quick search for the character's name.  If it hasn't been deleted, the slot number will be next to the name and you can find it that way.

Might also log onto each of the other servers, just to see if you moved it without conscious recognition of what you were doing.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

I had a character once that I went to rename and accidentally deleted it instead. I just wasn't focused on what I was doing and paying attention.

yikes

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

8 hours ago, Luminara said:

I have the game installed on an external SSD.  Had a problem with the OS spazzing out and telling me that the SSD was full a few weeks ago, and my entire character list had defaulted to order of creation.  That's the only issue I've had that's even close to what you're experiencing, @Crysis.  I have occasionally accidentally dragged a character to a different slot, but I was paying attention and moved it back immediately each time.

Open your playerslot.txt and run a quick search for the character's name.  If it hasn't been deleted, the slot number will be next to the name and you can find it that way.

Might also log onto each of the other servers, just to see if you moved it without conscious recognition of what you were doing.

Found her, i had moved her to another server to run some haunted houses a few months back and she was buried under another pile of abandoned alts.  Dumb me.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Crysis said:

Found her, i had moved her to another server to run some haunted houses a few months back and she was buried under another pile of abandoned alts.  Dumb me.

this I have done

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Haven't lost an alt, but I did lose my password and login and all associated characters.  Yes, I might have reached out to the Homecoming Team, but felt too embarrassed about it and also didn't want to bother them with something that was due to my own, personal idiocy.  🤦‍♂️

Anyways, have been on my new account for some months now, and having to make new characters and explore some new builds actually managed to refresh my interest in the game.  Go figure. 😁🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Haven't lost an alt, but I did lose my password and login and all associated characters.  Yes, I might have reached out to the Homecoming Team, but felt too embarrassed about it and also didn't want to bother them with something that was due to my own, personal idiocy.  🤦‍♂️

Anyways, have been on my new account for some months now, and having to make new characters and explore some new builds actually managed to refresh my interest in the game.  Go figure. 😁🤷‍♂️

Dude!  Just message the GMs.  They can help you recover your account.
It isn't that hard.

Yeah, eat a bit of crow and laugh at yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

Sounds like a nightmare.

Meh, she was more on an alt vacation.  An Altcation if you will.  Retired, sitting on a max influence wallet, hanging out on another server with a bunch of her kind.  Not a bad life.

• Haha 2