New Statues (Low Priority Suggestion)

So, something that occurred to me when I was doing some Exploration badge/accolade collecting was how samey all the statues in Paragon are, and that's understandable. But it feels like there should be a few places maybe with some more unique looking ones, particularly like the Omega Team memorial. So the big question is: about how hard would it be to basically make some special character models/costumes and then basically convert it into a statue? I can see the biggest problem would be for any capes as you can't just do a texture change, you'd basically need to convert the character model into some other format and remove bones. Still, just thought I'd put it out there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

... you know, I want this just to throw an easter egg in the game.

Find a zone. Put a new statue in each corner. Each doing a "heroic" or "magical" pose... that also happens to resemble "YMCA."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Retired Developer

It's not terribly difficult, but that process you describe is how most of the statues were made, and why they all look the "same". Modeling custom statues of people and animals is not dissimilar from character modeling in general, so it was a huge time saver.

If you have specific suggestions, there's no harm in throwing them out there though.

• Like 1

I wonder if we could get the Atlas statue with the hollow wire-frame globe, like was shown in the very early CoH videos...

As a general suggestion, though - maybe hold a costume contest, (noting that the character has to be monochromatic)...

Edited by biostem

19 minutes ago, Naomi said:

It's not terribly difficult, but that process you describe is how most of the statues were made, and why they all look the "same". Modeling custom statues of people and animals is not dissimilar from character modeling in general, so it was a huge time saver.

If you have specific suggestions, there's no harm in throwing them out there though.

I would like to suggest a large horse with a door to the inside so we can make improvements from within.  We can park it near the other statues in Atlas...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Naomi said:

Oh, wow, GM response, I must say I didn't expect this. Biggest that comes to my mind I suppose is just the four statues in the Hero One Memorial, perhaps they could represent other members of Omega team like the original Tin Mage? Maybe one for Dauntless (Galaxy Girl's sidekick in Skyway). I admit I didn't exactly come in expecting a response to this request, much less having ideas for some looks either. Maybe it could be something for the community to pitch in on, though I'll try to include some appearances myself in this thread. Or maybe revive my old NPC revamp thread.

At least one new statue somewhere doing a facepalm!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

didnt we make a new zone just for this kind? Would be perfect to stuff it out, lol

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

I nominate the Great Kurgen for a new statue! This heroic spy is best known for his penchant for face palming at inopportune times when his uncontrollable telepathy picked up inappropriate or ridiculous thoughts. Which happened rather frequently, usually in response to the random idiocy of those he was spying on. Unfortunately, his other super power was he did not show up on film, so no pics are available for reference.

So, this is sort of my shot for an idea of Dauntless to be converted into a statue. I don't think there's a lot of information on him besides having been Galaxy Girl's sidekick for years, so while the model is meant to look a little on the younger side, I sort of see it as how he would often be remembered. Also figured if Galaxy Girl was (probably) an eng/eng blaster, it might make sense if Dauntless was a tank who supported her by shielding her both literally and figuratively. Tried to keep it kind of kitchy and golden age. Not sure how well any of this would translate into a stone-textured, mono-colored stature. Costume file contained below as well.

Dauntless01.thumb.PNG.ab855574228013babfe1dba30051ccf9.PNG

Dauntless01.costume

Edit: And here's an idea I had for the original Tin Mage. The idea was to make him bulkier and clunkier looking than his successor, his mage raiment being just a hat and cap. But bottom line is, in contrast to Dauntless, I could see Tin Mage MkI here remaining pretty distinct even as a monocolored statue.

TinMageMkI01.thumb.PNG.acf805ead719a490c7b2faeca2c6c79d.PNG

TinMageMkI01.costume

Edited by Sakura Tenshi