Suggestion - "Noisy" Hostages

Mallador

I can't tell you the amount of times I've spent about 20 minutes scouring a larger map from head to toe looking for the last hostage or last couple hostages--always on weird cave type maps too.  I end up almost falling asleep and I have to struggle to try and keep myself awake--I'm only level 33 so far (first character)...

I can't remember if I struggled with these missions back in the days of CoH, but I'm definitely struggling now, and just thinking about how I might have to waste another 20 minutes for almost every hostage mission makes me very feel very unenergetic about playing at times.

SO, I was wondering if we could have hostages make some sort of similar sound effect to how the glowing objects that we have to find in missions make.  Someone else mentioned an idea like this I remember a bit ago and I can see why now.  It can even be an option in the settings, for those who don't want to hear sound effects from the hostages.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 7

39 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

I dunno. speaking from a villain's point of view, I'd shoot the hostage if he/she was too noisy. 😃

Then have the hostage takers say something like, "keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you!"

• Thumbs Up 5

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I don't like it.

Part of the challenge of hostage missions is locating the hostages. This game already holds your hand enough as is.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

12 hours ago, Zepp said:

Then have the hostage takers say something like, "keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you!"

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again!

• Haha 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Then we'll have it as an option to turn it off for people like you @PeregrineFalcon.  I personally don't want to waste 20 minutes searching every single crack n' cranny 5x over again (which I've done, many times)--I'm fine with searching, but there's a point where it can quite literally be labeled, "A waste of time."  There's a difference between a challenge and just seeing how much time you can spend looking for a random hostage stuffed in an odd corner of a cave that I keep missing for some reason.  To each their own though.

Edited by Mallador
  • Thumbs Up 3