Mobs and elevators

Todd Z

2 hours ago, Six-Six said:

On some missions, very rare though. Usually an ambush mob will, not a regular spawned  mob.

Is that the secret?  I've wondered why some do, some don't.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I don't know if it's a secret, but it's something I've observed. Ambush mobs from Legacy Chain, Wyvern, Tsoo, Family, even Longbow and Rikti have followed me down elevators like how the premature protectors in Doc Buzzsaw's arc will chase you down (2 elevators even); but normal mobs will lose interest and go back to their post if you slip inside a lift. Also, Ambush mobs that spawn from clicking a glowie will rush to where you were when the NPC chatter is uttered (in chat). So as soon as they say their line, move to a different spot and you can catch them off guard.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fancy ketchup said:

They can kill you with mind bullets but they havent learned how to use an elevator...

*envisions Daleks in an elevator, with the Muzak version of The Girl from Ipanema playing*

WHAT IS THIS SOUND?  EXPLAIN!  EXPLAIN!  EXPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

• Haha 5

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:53 PM, Luminara said:

*envisions Daleks in an elevator, with the Muzak version of The Girl from Ipanema playing*

Now I so want a scene of Daleks facing the front of an elevator, the eye stalks slowly bobbing and weaving to The Girl from Ipanema.

• Haha 1

Maybe it's even based on maps. I've had Arachnos in the level 20-30 tip mission to save homeless from indoctrination follow through the giant elevator the map uses, which is a much newer asset than usual ones.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak