Suggetion: Badge for Completing all Story Lines, one blue, one red

Snopes

I checked in ouro and my badger has finished all the storylines on the blue side. I'm working on the red side. How about a badge like "Hero of the City" or "Villain of the Isles" for those who finish everything blue or red, respectively. Every mission in ouro is marked yellow.

Badge name isn't that important, but it takes forever to do, so a badge would be great!

Snopes

If new story arcs are added, that won't change that you've earned the badge. It's based on completed content at the time the badge is earned. If you're two arcs away and they add a new arc, you're now three arcs away. Once earned, the badge stays even if arcs are added.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Sooooooooo... get badge early or risk having a much longer slog to get it than others? I was already against this idea, but this cements my opposition to it.

If a "completionist" badge were implemented, I feel it would have to be "completed all launch content" with separate badges for "completed all content for this update" added with each content update.

What about Goldside....

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

How about:
Completed Issue 1 Content: Looked Through the Looking Glass
Completed Issue 2 Content: Shadow of the Past

Completed Issue 3: Content: Council of War
etc (based on issue titles)

Accolade Issues 1-5: Old School Heroes
Accolade Issues 6-13: Old School Villains
Accolade Issues 14-17: Old School Architect
Accolade Issues 18-23: Old School Rogue

Accolade Issues 24-26: Welcome Home
Accolade Issues 27-x: Name Pending

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Sooooo... further muddying this and not just cementing my opposition, but steel-reinforcing and titanium plating it, is gold side content would be considered red side or blue side content for the purposes of getting a badge for completing red side or blue side content? Because somehow that is supposed to make any sense at all? On top of the 'get the badge early or you will have to complete progressively more tasks as new content is added to get the same badge as others' bit? Yeah... Does @PeregrineFalcon have a super deluxe 'no way in hell, over my dead body' /jranger gif I can borrow for this? Or anyone else?

• Thumbs Down 1

Definitely precedent for this - they've added badges for completing all the storyarcs in certain zones, so why not add a few for Issues/full completion?

I would say that, while Gold-side content is accessible to both sides via Ouro, it wouldn't count for the red/blue side completion badges (instead being its own thing).

As for how it works, I'd agree wtih @Ghost and put it as the Completionist feat in DDO works - if they release new content, the badge un-awards itself until you complete the new content too.  (Which may not be possible with current codebase, but who knows?)

I also like @Zepp's ideas for badge names by issue, that fits rather well, thematically.

As for possible badge names for completionist:

Red:    The Devil's in the Details

Blue:   A Hero's Work is Never Done

Gold:  Veteran of the Hamidon Wars (I would also include most of the Incarnate Trials & the Signature Story Arcs in here, as they deal with the Praetorian War)

All:     There and Back Again (or Living in the Past)

@AkisanFor "Completionist" badges, my suggestion was specifically to do all gold/red/blue for a set of issues and have those as completion accolades. I think it would be easier, because you could do five sets (if you follow the way I broke them down, CoH initial, introduction of CoV, introduction of AE, introduction of GR, HC set 1) without worrying about gold/red/blue balance.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I'd kinda figured that, @Zepp, and I think those would be good to have as well.  But @Snopes was wondering about making a capstone for blue-side, which I would also like, but that'd have to be balanced red/blue/gold, and we'd have to worry about more content being added in the future.  @Rudra's right, it doesn't feel right to have a completionist badge not take into account newer content if you got the badge before the new content was released (and un-awarding badges seems like it'd be an epic pile of dark Script Wizardry).