Speculate: Badge rewards

Techwright

Some badges give minor boosts or temporary tools/powers, usually after some effort expended getting said badges.

Speculate, if you will, what rewards might be added to badges currently without anything to make them more attractive in the mini-game that is badge hunting.

For example, an oft-overlooked badge group are those badges hidden in safeguard missions. People generally depart once the archvillain is dealt with.  Perhaps a six-hour in-game-time boost to health/energy/power might encourage a hunt?

There's a badge for running all 16 of the Patron story arcs in Grandville, a monumentous task that involves handing Recluse his ass four times, Dr. Aeon at least four times, and each Patron and their lieutenants once, along with Numina, Seraphina, a Black Scorpion wannabe, and some no-name hero.  At that point I feel as though you should be granted access to a special summon on a 12 hour cooldown to demonstrate that you've asserted total dominance over Arachnos and their flunkies, one that calls Recluse and his Patrons all at once to fight your battles for you.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I think It'd be interesting if for every 150 badges you collect, you get a permanent 2% global damage boost and 1% global resist buff.   Max would be about 20% damage and 10% resists.  Maybe the last one adds a small team buff just for the cherry on top.  Nice enough that a lot of us would be pursuing content we normally skip for a month or 2 after hitting level 50, but not game breaking in power.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• 2 months later
On 4/7/2022 at 7:10 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

There's a badge for running all 16 of the Patron story arcs in Grandville, a monumentous task that involves handing Recluse his ass four times, Dr. Aeon at least four times, and each Patron and their lieutenants once, along with Numina, Seraphina, a Black Scorpion wannabe, and some no-name hero.  At that point I feel as though you should be granted access to a special summon on a 12 hour cooldown to demonstrate that you've asserted total dominance over Arachnos and their flunkies, one that calls Recluse and his Patrons all at once to fight your battles for you.

Would you settle for Recluse and the Patrons (totally a 60s band) summoned to lick your boots every 12 hours?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Would you settle for Recluse and the Patrons (totally a 60s band) summoned to lick your boots every 12 hours?

That's what I was thinking too.  Like a vanity pet that follows you around kowtowing for a minute or two so you can brag to your teammates.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

Honestly... I'd rather not see power boosts and such.

Utilities? Sure. Get all the various PVP zone (not necessarily PVP defeat, but explore/event/etc.) badges, get a permanent or recurring bypass/code for BB (shivan shard) or Warburg (one of the nuke codes,) for instance.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

That's what I was thinking too.  Like a vanity pet that follows you around kowtowing for a minute or two so you can brag to your teammates.

+1 to this. Except that we shouldn't have to do our own bragging, we should have Recluse to that for us.

I.e. summon vanity-pet-Recluse and/or the Patrons and have them bow down to us in public and say in /local something to  the effect of "I am humbled and I acknowledge the supremacy of $character. All hail @character, morituri te salutamus."

2 hours ago, Icono04 said:

+1 to this. Except that we shouldn't have to do our own bragging, we should have Recluse to that for us.

I like where you're going with this, but Auroa Borealis saying nice things to me would be better in so many ways.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Hmm.  

Defeat or gladiator badges could earn you summonable pets outside the arena.

Exploration badges could give speed bonuses.

Healing badges a bonus to healing, damage badges a bonus do damage,  damage taken a bonus to resistance,  time mezzed a bonus to mez resistance.

These could all be very small bonuses that could ignore ED like the Alpha slot does.

Might be something to this.

• Like 1