How is Time as a secondary for Blasters and what is a good primary?

mrdeeds7

Dosn't listen to anyone saying you need to slot KB to KD in all your powers on energy.

It's completely untrue.

Energy is awesome and you should embrace the KB.

Anyone else who has a problem with it...well that's there problem.

I have a /Time and i found it completely meh.

If you want a secondry that just sits there and does nothing go for it.

Future Pain is probably the only worth while power.

Time Lord also for the +Rech.

The rest is just meh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

I've a Water/Temporal which works pretty well as a ranged hover blaster. Future Pain was the only attack I took in Temporal, for AV fights. Chronos is a pretty good Build Up as well, 30% more recharge for 10 seconds is nice. 

That was before Temporal Healing got changed / normalized a bit. Don't think its as good as it was. Before it + Dehydrate + Hoarfrost made me pretty tanky. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Dosn't listen to anyone saying you need to slot KB to KD in all your powers on energy.

It's completely untrue.

Energy is awesome and you should embrace the KB.

Anyone else who has a problem with it...well that's there problem.

Someone recently posted how much better Energy performs DPS wise once you start to slot KB to KD into it.

I have a Water/temp at 50 and it is my only level 50 Blaster. Needless to say I like /temp a lot.

• Thumbs Up 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

It took some effort, but I found the chart.

• Thumbs Up 4

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

First thing to understand is that Temporal Manipulation is completely different from Time Manipulation (the only overlapping power is Time Stop). It has a quirky combo system where each power has additional effects if you use Time Wall (attacks) or Chronos (buffs) first. Time Lord provides an auto recharge buff, slow resist and stun protection. Other than that, the powers are pretty standard: ST immobilize, ST hold, 2 ST melee, 1 PBAoE melee, 1 ranged AoE stun and a sustain (with more slow resist). The immobilize, hold and PBAoE all have -regen, so you can stack a decent amount for a blaster. The ST melee attacks are psi, which is nice for the Minotaurs and Cyclops in the ITF and anything else weak to psi. 

I've got an Ice/Temporal, which is a bit of a blastroller since I've got 3 ST holds. I skip Time Shift (the AoE stun). It blaps pretty well (although Aging Touch is skippable) or can be fully ranged.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like /Temporal Manipulation.  I have a Psy/Temporal blaster that is one of my favs to play and fairly sturdy too.  There is a lot of -Regen that it does so is great against AVs/GMs/EBs.  

Normally, to hold a Boss, you need to stack 2 holds on it, but using Time Wall (the T1 Immob) on a boss prior to casting Time Stop (hold), will hold the boss - which is very handy.   

The 2 single target attacks do good damage and recharge fast, the PBAOE (End of Time) is good, and I even find occasional use for the PBAOE Stun (Time Shift).  

It's a solid set and does well.  It's not as flashy as some others, but you can't go wrong with it either.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I use Temporal as much as possible.  I try not to be in melee and Temporal gives me the tools to be far out and get serious benefits from a Blaster secondary.  It is the Willpower Armor of Blaster Secondaries.  Its there, it works real good.  You can find better, but none as easy to work with.

• Thumbs Up 1